Enthusiast

Hey there Oregon peeps

Figured I'd see if there's any other active Oregonians in here. I'm in Central Oregon. Come springtime and HPDE/Autox season I'll probably go out for some events, would be really cool to meet up with some other viper owners!

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    27 years too late:

Oregon used to have an ACTIVE Pac-NW club, begun in 1994. With HPDE and A-X performance events, cruises included Bend OR, holiday parties, and Kids Hospital fundraisers.

We created and spun off the WA club, and the Western Canada club, the 1st Int'l sanctioned club.

35 of us presented the Indy Parade of race drivers at Molson Indy back in 1995. In 1996, six of us drove to Indy 500 and joined that festival parade. But OR did it first.

ORECA raced at PIR and won here 2 years. Dinners with the Drivers and Team.

Team Viper actually debuted the 2003 VGX here at PIR (!!) for wet-weather testing. (Weekend was sunny!). 33 Members who showed up at PIR got a track ride with a Team Viper AZ Proving Grounds engineer (RonB). Some rode in VGX to/from Cannon Beach afterwards. We blocked off 2 side streets in Cannon Beach!!

Team V also did two other dinners here, HH and AF.

We had Viper Convoys to many VOIs.

Lots more too! It was amazing, and always VQ Newsworthy, until national BOD jealousies killed and damned the OR club, and the regional enthusiasm. [If you look up OREGON region in recent YEARS of VQ mags, the editors showed a DOG as the photo. The ultimate in lingering disrespect?]

OR Viper Club is Just a pile of VHS tapes and VQ mags now.

RIP.
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 12-30-2020 at 02:24 PM.

Enthusiast
    I'm unfamiliar with some of these acronyms, what is VQ mags, BOD and VGX?

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I'm unfamiliar with some of these acronyms, what is VQ mags, BOD and VGX?
    Viper Quarterly magazine, published by Dodge for club members back when club was sanctioned/sponsored/supported heavily by Dodge.

'VGX' was the Dodge/SRT code name of prototype / Pre-Volume-Production 2003 Vipers.

BOD = Bored of Directors
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 12-30-2020 at 04:35 PM.

Enthusiast
    Ah ok! Thanks for the clarification Jon. I'm still new here so I'll eventually learn all this stuff lol. Thank you for the history on it, sounds like the Oregon group was fascinating.

Enthusiast
    Hey there, I PM'd you as well. I'm George, live in Lebanon, own a Gen 1, and want to link up with other local owners! I've got a buddy with a Gen 1 who tends to join me on Viper drives, he's in Vancouver Washington. I'm also new to Viper and new to the site, trying to branch out. And, our Vipers are very similar! 20200802_102152.jpg20200802_102152.jpg

Mine is the black one, my buddy Brian owns the Green '95.