Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

WTB Gen2 Blue or Red Viper GTS

Currently searching for a Gen2 blue or red GTS with clean history/title in the Southwest region. Willing to travel for the right car. I know there a few of us out there looking for vipers with these exact details. I’m in the $40k range. Thanks in advance for your help!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Good to see you here. I talked with jmart427. He'd be a great caretaker for your Viper. Handy with a wrench and is being patient to find the right Viper. Give him a call.
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Capital Vipers Founding Regional President 2018 - 2021
    Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

Enthusiast
    Not to be negative, but this Forum is always getting first time poster wanting to buy something.
    Several responses by actual current members on potential car(s) for sale and the thread dies.
    Excuse me if you are for real.
    If you are a real buyer and not a tire kicker wasting our time, then go do your homework and come back with some examples of car for sale you have researched with questions.
    A quick google search with net you days worth of work.
    BLRD

Enthusiast
    Haha no worries, no offense taken about being negative, I understand the optics here; but I am a real boy like Pinocchio says. Fortunately I have no questions at this time after taking ViperEnvy’s “Viper buying 101” via telephone class this past Sunday. He filled me in on every detail about what to look for and it was surely appreciated.

Growing up, we had no business in a dealership; rather, we stuck to used car lemon lots to buy the family car. But one time, I went with my pops to a dodge dealership to buy some parts for a car he was fixing and I recall seeing a Gen 2 in the showroom floor. it cost more than the house we lived in. Have been in love with these cars ever since. Bottom line here, I hope that this can serve as an intro worthy of acceptance into this community!

If I do have a question on a purchase candidate I will surely come back here for help! (After doing my own research of course).

-J

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by BLRDViper View Post
    Not to be negative, but this Forum is always getting first time poster wanting to buy something.
    Several responses by actual current members on potential car(s) for sale and the thread dies.
    If you are a real buyer and not a tire kicker wasting our time, then go do your homework and come back with some examples of car for sale you have researched with questions.
    BLRD
    You must have missed my post just before yours....

Since you are in Kentucky, you are part of the great region that includes Steve Fess. Call him and join since your profile doesn't show that you are a paid member. Great time to join. 2020 has been an amazing year for most regions driving and living in the moment when who knows what tomorrow brings. Give me a call and I will tell you what I learned about the jmart427. 248-705-1245. I can also introduce you to Steve. He is a VOA Treasure.
    Last edited by Viperenvy; 12-22-2020 at 08:54 AM.
    Brian
    99 ACR

Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    GT2 Owners Group

Enthusiast
    Yes, I did not see your post. Not sure if I would have changed mine anyhow.
    I was a Member of the other Viper Forum that is drying up and rotting with hardly averaging one post a day. I watched as their leadership basically stole from the paying members.
    From there on, I have choose not to support for profit Forums.
    If you review my posts you will see that I have always tried to add as much as I have taken in information from this Forum.
    I have added Clicks to your profits as is.
    I will be the first to admit that I am just a very minor participant here than some of the true Knowledge people like Steve and others. Steve is always there for the new people that come on here and the other Forum. Great guy.

BLRD

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    I was a Member of the other Viper Forum that is drying up and rotting with hardly averaging one post a day. I watched as their leadership basically stole from the paying members.
    From there on, I have choose not to support for profit Forums.
    "The Viper Owners Association is a non-profit 501 c(7)" https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-tege/eotopicg80.pdf Not supporting a new organization, in my opinion, because of the old is like not buy a car because the last one broke down or remarry because your last wife cheated on you or not eating a hamburger because the last one was undercooked or not getting a job because you hated your last boss. I am just lucky I started 4 years after the debacle you and so many went thru. I would probably be even more salty and jaded. But on the bright side, that organizations former Pres LS, joined our FB page finally and hasn't raised any fuss. Their form National VP is a fantastic, supportive member of our region. A long standing member of that club who knows many Team Viper guys from Team Shelby in the 80's is a close friend and board member. I my life, all the bad experiences taught me where the land mines would be so I could continue moving forward in my journey, not stand still waiting for the next mine to explode.

If you review my posts you will see that I have always tried to add as much as I have taken in information from this Forum. Thank you - knowledge is a currency. The older our cars get, the more knowledge needs to be transferred to new owners. Ensuring their happiness and joy is not squashed by problems. Any help you provide is appreciated.

I have added Clicks to your profits as is. You can ask my wife - no profit no where no how no form. On the cash flow scale, its only cash out.

I will be the first to admit that I am just a very minor participant here than some of the true Knowledge people like Steve and others. Steve is always there for the new people that come on here and the other Forum. Great guy. Times 10 on Steve! And never underestimate the power of the smallest stone.

For me, talking with, driving with, working on Vipers with, hanging out with region members every month only stokes my love for the Viper. Getting to know the Viper Team, helping them find a new home after investing so much into the previous place as been rewarding beyond words. Its those that carry "The Spirit of Viper" into the future with new enthusiast owners like Joel who will honor the contributions of Father Viper and the Viper Team.

We must all remember, it is easier to crush a dreams than to make it a reality. Mine took 10 months. Steve and Tom Sessions were there for 6 of the months while I tire kicked. They invested a lot in me. Probably too much. But that has led to a chain of events that brought a lot to my life that I never could have imagine. They helped me find a great community, you included BLRD!
    Last edited by Viperenvy; 12-24-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    Brian
    99 ACR

GT2 Owners Group

Enthusiast
    It took me 10 months from the day I made my first thread till I took delivery of my car and I had searched for literally 6 months prior to that. I was on the fence about what generation, what year, colors...etc It was anything but easy.

The more research the better. This place is full of answers and good people.

Took me 30 Seconds to see one in a show room and Order my first New Car.
    1995 Gen 1, haven't looked back since.

Enthusiast
    FYI I looked over 2 years for a B/W in my budget. Not saying they aren't out there, you just have to be patient with your search.

Since I bought mine, Its already increased in value to the point I couldn't replace it for what I paid.

Good luck in your search.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by lane_viper View Post
    FYI I looked over 2 years for a B/W in my budget. Not saying they aren't out there, you just have to be patient with your search.

Since I bought mine, Its already increased in value to the point I couldn't replace it for what I paid.

Good luck in your search.
    Thanks! Yea I’ve been looking for a few months now and do not anticipate to find one quickly. In the meantime, I’m building my spreadsheet and I’ve created a PPI checklist of things to be cognizant of which is growing as the research increases. I’ve rushed into buying cars (BMW M3) and that’s a mistake you only need to make once to really learn.

I’m also not overly concerned with going over my budget (~mid forties) if the car is worth. As you all have mentioned, these are trending upwards in value and will likely continue to do so. Though I don’t think it would classify as an investment per se, you could probably make a lot more money with $40k cash, resale value and appreciation/depreciation are factors that im considering heavily. If this were not the case, I would have already bought some “clean” rebuilt title Viper and tracked it. Not into it for that.

Enthusiast
    I wanted something very specific. Sorry....but I waited for about 6 years. Glad I waited.......

If you are flexible on color, you will find something.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACRSNK View Post
    If you are flexible on color, you will find something.
    I prefer Red, but would "settle" for Blue/White, Sapphire, and maybe Yellow. I don't think the color will be my issue however as red is pretty common. I think finding a "clean" Viper in the 40's may be a challenge right now. Willing to go over budget if it's the right car with the right records, and is in excellent condition. I'm not looking for a "steal" of a deal. I much prefer something stock over a Viper that's been supercharged. Simple bolt-ons (i.e. exhaust, pulley's, intake, etc) and wheels are ok with me. Not looking to track this car or go build ridiculous amounts of power. An ACR would be a dream..

I’ve got a 1998 Red GTS with 16k no accidents, stock except for Corsa exhaust, pulley, shift knob, smooth tubes, and seat lowering kit (have all the stock parts except exhaust). It was also completely gone over by Tators not too long ago. I wasn’t really looking to sell but the pandemic sucks and I might part with it for the right price. PM if you’re interested. I’m in FL.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPsych View Post
    I’ve got a 1998 Red GTS with 16k no accidents, stock except for Corsa exhaust, pulley, shift knob, smooth tubes, and seat lowering kit (have all the stock parts except exhaust). It was also completely gone over by Tators not too long ago. I wasn’t really looking to sell but the pandemic sucks and I might part with it for the right price. PM if you’re interested. I’m in FL.
    PM'ing you now.

Enthusiast
    Still in the market! Looking to stay under $51-52k with less than 30k miles.. prefer Red, but not opposed to blue or sapphire blue (like id be lucky enough to find one of those haha). Most importantly, looking for something closer to stock. Please let me know if you’re on the fence!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BLRDViper View Post
    BLRD
    Took delivery of a 98’ GTS on Thursday..guess I’m not a tire kicker anymore

Enthusiast
    A special thank you to all who helped me get my Viper. Especially ViperEnvy and my brother Greg (Crash86). Looking forward to putting a Viper chapter together out here in West Texas!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Congrats-

Luckily you kicked a couple tires and found the ones you didn’t want.

You 98 sounds great and had a great owner who took good care of it!

Have fun driving!!
    Brian
    99 ACR

GT2 Owners Group

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart427 View Post
    Took delivery of a 98’ GTS on Thursday..guess I’m not a tire kicker anymore
    I posted within a week of your first ISO post about my own search.
    Took delivery of my 97 b/w GTS last month.
    No time wasting here bud.

- - - Updated - - -

A special thank you to all who helped me get my Viper. Especially ViperEnvy and my brother Greg (Crash86). Looking forward to putting a Viper chapter together out here in West Texas!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Congrats CRASH86 - you two guys did it right. Had a passion, came to the VOA, found people to ask questions of, looked at cars to learn what not to buy & what to buy, pulled the trigger, and joined the VOA as paying members!

Examples to follow!!
    Brian
    99 ACR

GT2 Owners Group

Enthusiast
    Great news you did not have to wait too long......

Enthusiast
    Looking forward to putting a Viper chapter together out here in West Texas!
    Ft. Davis was tons-O-fun many years ago. There are Vipers scattered around out there for sure!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast
    What a great pic!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast