Viper Delivery 1993

I posted this on the Facebook page but I know a number of members aren't on there so I thought I'd share here as well.

My father was the service manager at Quigley Dodge in Boyertown, PA when they received their first Viper delivery in 1993. It's easy to see why the Viper created such a stir at the time when you look at what else is on the lot around it!

img274.jpg
    img278.jpg
    img285.jpg
    img282.jpg
    img281.jpg

Enthusiast
    Makes me feel old. The Dodge dealer in Dana Point Ca. had one on the showroom during the same period. Roped off on the showroom floor with a $125,000.00 asking price. The sticker was $55k. This foreign guy was asking questions to the sales rep about it...aka "how could a car sell for $125k that did not have A/C?" I actually interrupted the conversation and stated "if you don't know that answer for this car then you have no business looking at it." Both the sales rep and the foreign dude just looked dumbfounded at me. Gawd that was memorable.

The Viper surely was a bright beacon of light in darker times...

Enthusiast
    That's so awesome!!

Still a good looking car.

Such a cool set of photos!

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Thank you for posting.

RARE acquisition in ;93 of 3, including 1 of only 50 blacks !

wow, the wild wild west! no airbag or roof-------------

Enthusiast
    Despite being notified of the approximate delivery time of my black '93, it arrived the day before forecast and I missed the unloading spectacle. These photos give me a little sense of what I missed. I did see my '96 GTS get unloaded though!

Thank you Shawn for posting these!

Enthusiast
    Shawn, thanks for posting and good memories!! I worked for Chrysler Financial back then in the Atlanta and NY Zones. I could tell you a ton of stories about the early days and deliveries.

The road guys at Chrysler Motors in the NY Zone feared the Viper would be a flop and worried they’d be their field cars

Back then I proudly drive a Caravan and my wife had a LeBaron GTC convertible!

Enthusiast
    Thanks for posting, that is so cool to see!

Glad you guys enjoyed them! I'll share anything else I come across from that era. Here are some from a few years later. The same dealership somehow convinced Chrysler to send a few cars to our town's "big" car show in the summer. The Venom seemed wild to me as a kid but somehow not as much now.
    img313.jpg
    img320.jpg
    img321.jpg
    img314.jpg

Enthusiast
    Still miss my'93 ... #796 ....

Put 70K miles on that one ...

Coast to coast ...twice!!!!

Enthusiast
    It's no surprise these cars made such an impression on many of us. Easy to forget how crazy they looked compared to "normal" cars when they first hit the road.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerJRP View Post
    It's no surprise these cars made such an impression on many of us. Easy to forget how crazy they looked compared to "normal" cars when they first hit the road.
    Very true back then, and still today.
    BLRD

Enthusiast
    Venom had potential. Wish they would have explored that further. Seeing a gen 1 Viper around Plymouth Acclaims and Dodge Caravans really highlighted how important this car was at invigorating the brand.

I had a picture of a Gen 1 Red with the grey 3 spoke wheels hanging on my wall when in high school. I was in 10th grade when the first production year debuted. I still want one!

"Period Pictures" are always great to see! The Vipers look amazing! Hope someone posts some more-these types of shots ROCK! Thanx for posting!

Great shots, I noticed the lower front bumper of the Blue GTS has a slight lip. I guess this was pre-production? I think it looked cool, wonder why they didn’t continue with that design for production.

notice the 3rd brake light and different exhaust tips on the GTS. Absolutely pre-production.