Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drying Towel

Enthusiast
    I often use a Kobalt battery powered leaf blower. Claimed 110 mph with a 140 mph turbo switch. Bought it for leaf blowing but it will dry off your Viper too.

Enthusiast
    You can use a leaf blower as I did for some time until I bought my Master Blaster. When it comes to blow drying a car, the Master Blaster is the way us ballers roll.

One of the nice things about the Air Force Master Blaster is that you can use it to unstick your car's frozen doors during the winter time. Not that you guys down south would know anything about that...
    Last edited by Junkman2008; 01-05-2021 at 12:50 AM.

Enthusiast
    Yea, that's the one I have and the ONLY one I would get to do a car. The Sidekick (smaller version) is okay for bikes but the Master Blaster is the way to go.
    Last edited by Junkman2008; 01-05-2021 at 12:51 AM.

Enthusiast
    I hate putting towels on my cars to dry. I have a Master Blaster that I've used for a few years, but it takes FOREVER to dry the Vipers. I'm limited to 4HP as my garage isn't currently wired to handle the MB running at the full 8HP. I recently purchased a Kobalt electric blower, likely the same one Bill W mentioned, for the sole purpose of drying vehicles but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickB View Post
    I hate putting towels on my cars to dry. I have a Master Blaster that I've used for a few years, but it takes FOREVER to dry the Vipers. I'm limited to 4HP as my garage isn't currently wired to handle the MB running at the full 8HP. I recently purchased a Kobalt electric blower, likely the same one Bill W mentioned, for the sole purpose of drying vehicles but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.
    8 hp! Really? At 745 watts/hp that is a 50 amp draw.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperSRT View Post
    8 hp! Really? At 745 watts/hp that is a 50 amp draw.
    As you can see from the sticker, it is 8 "Peak" HP.

Running at steady state with both motors, I think it is in the 18-19 amp range, which is right in line with the 12 gauge power cord that feeds it.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickB View Post
    ... I have a Master Blaster that I've used for a few years, but it takes FOREVER to dry the Vipers...
    Two words: POOLING RINSE.

Great towel GREENWAY AQUAMAGIC LUXE

Enthusiast
    When I'm uncovered in the Spring I'm going with the water to dry. Picked up the Griot's towel for any remaining water. Thanks for the tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Hootie View Post
    When I'm uncovered in the Spring I'm going with the water to dry. Picked up the Griot's towel for any remaining water. Thanks for the tips!
    Wonderful, good luck to you!

Enthusiast
    Master Blaster Air Dryer works awesome

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
    You can use a leaf blower as I did for some time until I bought my Master Blaster. When it comes to blow drying a car, the Master Blaster is the way us ballers roll.

One of the nice things about the Air Force Master Blaster is that you can use it to unstick your car's frozen doors during the winter time. Not that you guys down south would know anything about that...
    Completely random... did that car get sold to SP Engineering at some point? That Murci looks almost entirely identical to the one my friend just sold, although the wheels are different.

Enthusiast
    I know all about it while stationed at Malmstrom Air Force base in Montana years ago. Decided my Z28 was too dirty, but at 19 degrees below zero, the faucets were frozen (along with everything else). Drove into town and what do you know, the car wash/drive-in theater was still open...score! Well the car wash had hot water so I washed it, probably a record for the coldest car wash and certainly the dumbest. The problem was by the time I got done one section, the other was frozen including the doors. Simple, when done add more coins, cut ice from around door and open very quickly. Sorry to say, did not wipe it down that day, but it was still the cleanest car for a few days until it snowed again

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Completely random... did that car get sold to SP Engineering at some point? That Murci looks almost entirely identical to the one my friend just sold, although the wheels are different.
    Was your friend's name Dave?

Enthusiast
    I used the Griot's towel for the first time the other day. GREAT RECOMMENDATION! That towel got the entire car dry, quickly, in one pass. Absolutely blew the other towels I had out of the water. The water to dry worked great as well, but the towel got all nooks and crannies after. Very happy with the results. Appreciate the tips!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootie View Post
    I used the Griot's towel for the first time the other day. GREAT RECOMMENDATION! That towel got the entire car dry, quickly, in one pass. Absolutely blew the other towels I had out of the water. The water to dry worked great as well, but the towel got all nooks and crannies after. Very happy with the results. Appreciate the tips!
    Glad you liked it Hootie. It is thirsty!

I wonder how much power the Master Blaster has...

Enthusiast
    Let's put it this way. If you don't plug it into a 20-amp outlet, you'll be resetting the breaker in your fuse box every 5-seconds.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkman2008 View Post
    Let's put it this way. If you don't plug it into a 20-amp outlet, you'll be resetting the breaker in your fuse box every 5-seconds.
    *if you use both motors.

If you only have a 15-amp outlet, you can still run 1 of the 2 motors, but it is a bit anemic. I've used it that way in the past...it does get the job done, just a bit more slowly.

Enthusiast
    Exactly, which makes using only one switch good for drying a bicycle, if that. I specifically had a 20-amp breaker put in for my AFMB. I like to call the first switch, yea. But I call BOTH switches.... HELL YEA!

tenor.gif

Enthusiast
    I dry my towels, Jeans and Jackets using the Viper Engine and the Hood up, they dry out really fast

Enthusiast
    Fatboy YOU are the Man & Always has been!

Enthusiast
    Junkman, buddy I'm glad to see you're still rockin' & rollin' my friend! I haven't been on here in awhile but I still have my 2 Vipers & Junkman I Hope you're still married & ya'll are HAPPY buddy!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Junkman, buddy I'm glad to see you're still rockin' & rollin' my friend! I haven't been on here in awhile but I still have my 2 Vipers & Junkman I Hope you're still married & ya'll are HAPPY buddy!
    Bro'! Married life has limited all that fun free time I use to have when I was single but I couldn't be happier. Corona gave me more work than I could do but of course, I'm not complaining! As for the wife and I, happy as two peas in a pod. Thanks for asking. I actually went out and bought myself a Porsche. I have never been a Porsche guy but this thing has a MONSTER twin turbo V8 and my Lord.... it's a beast! This is one of only a few forums that I still post on. Kinda feels like home.
    Last edited by Junkman2008; 06-19-2021 at 01:38 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast