Enthusiast

Windshield Wiper Arms

Buying windshield wipers for Vipers sucks ass. I'm looking at having an arms developed that accepts standard wiper blades. My reasoning is wipers are expendable, wiper arms aren't.

I'm gauging interest and looking for any input. Thanks.

Enthusiast
    Hummmmmmmmmmmmm

Witch generation of Viper would you be replacing or are they all interchangeable.

Stock wiper blades are stupid expense.

Viper Tax at it's finest.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadMachinist View Post
    Witch generation of Viper would you be replacing or are they all interchangeable.

Stock wiper blades are stupid expense.

Viper Tax at it's finest.
    I have a Gen 3 so that's where I'd start at and I imagine it would work for Gen 4. I'm not sure if Gen 5 has interchangeable wiper arms with Gen 3/4.

Anyone know the answer to that question?

Enthusiast
    I am actually doing this same thing. Got some spare Gen3 arms of ebay and some other arms, that except normal blades, from Rockauto. I plan on doing a cut and paste.

Enthusiast
    I took my wiper arms off, so that solved the wiper blade problem for me

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnake44 View Post
    I took my wiper arms off, so that solved the wiper blade problem for me
    Brilliant!

Sorry, but I don't understand the Viper wiper problem. I got a direct replacement from O'Reilly auto parts out here in Nevada ( Trico #45-160). I think they're national, not sure. I'm talkin' a refill not the whole arm and wiper. Think it was $6-7 for the refill. No Viper tax. If you having trouble getting the original blade out pull the 2 stainless ribs out first. Obviously easier if you take the arm off before doing that. 2002 RT10 BTW they keep the refills behind the counter. Sorry about you Gen III guys. This newbie (driving vipers since 2001) didn't know the III's had diff wipers. My apologies. I'd luv to own a 2013 GTS, but above my pay grade.
    Last edited by Graphite Snake; 10-26-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Graphite Snake View Post
    Sorry, but I don't understand the Viper wiper problem. I got a direct replacement from O'Reilly auto parts out here in Nevada ( Trico #45-160). I think they're national, not sure. I'm talkin' a refill not the whole arm and wiper. Think it was $6-7 for the refill. No Viper tax. If you having trouble getting the original blade out pull the 2 stainless ribs out first. Obviously easier if you take the arm off before doing that. GS
    Gen1 & Gen2 use common wiper blades, Gen3 and up do not.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Graphite Snake View Post
    Sorry, but I don't understand the Viper wiper problem. I got a direct replacement from O'Reilly auto parts out here in Nevada
    That's the problem with the Viper forums. 90% of the newish owners never mention what Viper they are talking about, as if all of them were built with the same parts as the one they own. LOL !