Enthusiast

Looking for 2 BBS E19 18 inch REAR Wheels

I'm looking to complete a set and need 2 BBS E19 Rear wheels in 18 inch size - these are the wheels that came with the competition couple.

Used-2002-Dodge-Viper-Competition-Coupe-36.jpg

Picture shows the matching fronts.

Any leads are also appreciated.
    Last edited by MO_Better; 10-11-2020 at 08:22 PM. Reason: typo

Enthusiast
    UPDATE: Eric at BBS was able to locate a single E19 center for me, so I can rebuild one of my rear wheels as an E19. So now I am only looking for 1 BBS E19 wheel and will take a FRONT or BACK wheel as long as its an 18" center. I'll buy it even if the barrels are damaged as long as the center is intact and reusable. Or I'll buy just a center if that's all you have. Thank you.
    Last edited by MO_Better; 10-19-2020 at 06:57 AM.

Enthusiast
    Good Luck with the hunt. Did you buy the CC that Viper Exchange was selling?

Enthusiast
    Yes I did - I love the history - not sure why it means so much to me - but it does!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MO_Better View Post
    UPDATE: Eric at BBS was able to locate a single E19 center for me, so I can rebuild on of my rear wheels as an E19. So now I am only looking for 1 BBS E19 wheel and will take a FRONT or BACK wheel as long as its an 18" center. I'll buy it even if the barrels are damaged as long as the center is intact and reusable. Or I'll buy just a center if that's all you have. Thank you.
    Would you be interested in selling the centers from your rear wheels when are able to locate another E19 Center?

Thanks

Enthusiast
    Yes, that is certainly possible if I find another center. If I can't find a center and have to buy complete wheels, then I probably would not break them apart, though.

Mark
    Last edited by MO_Better; 10-19-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Enthusiast
    By the way - here is a closeup of the rears - NOTE: THESE ARE NOT THE ONES I'M TRYING TO MATCH - THESE ARE THE ONES I'M REPLACING WITH E19'S.

I may have the designation wrong - I think Eric may have called them E01's, but mentioned there are a couple versions of them. Does anyone know what these are? Used-2002-Dodge-Viper-Competition-Coupe-33.jpg

Enthusiast
    Mo Better, congrats on the purchase, beautiful Comp Coupe!!

As for your wheels, the fronts are the old style VRL wheels, those rears are the later version World Challenger version.

Unless you want the vintage look, you should update those fronts to the later WC versions. The WC wheels allow much better airflow.

Also, you should join the facebook "Viper race Cars owners group" You have to have a viper race car, like your's, to join. That group is much more focused on the race cars and you can network your needs better.

If you decide to go the WC route, let me know. I have 2 spare wheels I'd condiser selling to a good cause. Easiest to reach me via email. Good luck!! Mike

mikePbuckingham@gmail.com

Enthusiast
    Yes, that is certainly possible if I find another center. If I can't find a center and have to buy complete wheels, then I probably would not break them apart, though.

Mark
    I would consider buying the whole wheel if necessary.

Enthusiast
    Thank you Mike - that is very helpful info. Yes, I am going with the Vintage look as I don't really plan to race it (unless I do vintage racing), and want to maintain it historically accurate. As one of the 5 original prototypes, when it was a Dodge test vehicle and in magazine shoots it wore the E19's, so I'm trying to get it back to that.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by steve911 View Post
    I would consider buying the whole wheel if necessary.
    Good to know - I'm learning how hard it is to find just 1 or 2 wheels! Will let you know...

Mark
    Last edited by MO_Better; 10-19-2020 at 05:41 PM.

Enthusiast
    By the way - here is a closeup of the rears - NOTE: THESE ARE NOT THE ONES I'M TRYING TO MATCH - THESE ARE THE ONES I'M REPLACING WITH E19'S.

I may have the designation wrong - I think Eric may have called them E01's, but mentioned there are a couple versions of them. Does anyone know what these are? Used-2002-Dodge-Viper-Competition-Coupe-33.jpg
    Do you have any fronts to match the rears and make a complete set?

Enthusiast
    Thank you Mike - that is very helpful info. Yes, I am going with the Vintage look as I don't really plan to race it (unless I do vintage racing), and want to maintain it historically accurate. As one of the 5 original prototypes, when it was a Dodge test vehicle and in magazine shoots it wore the E19's, so I'm trying to get it back to that.
    Mark, got it, makes sense. I know a local CC owner who may still have some of those VRL wheels, I'll reach out to him. You now only need 1, correct? Mike

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbccenter View Post
    Do you have any fronts to match the rears and make a complete set?
    I'm afraid I do not have the matching WC front wheels. What you see is all that I currently have. I just got the car yesterday and now the real quest begins in which we empty my bank account with parts, wheels, tires, etc, etc.

Mark
    Last edited by MO_Better; 10-20-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Mark, got it, makes sense. I know a local CC owner who may still have some of those VRL wheels, I'll reach out to him. You now only need 1, correct? Mike
    Thank you sir! While I only need one E19 / VRL wheel (since I have procured a center from BBS), I will consider taking 2 as well if that helps the deal go through (sometimes people don't want to part with just one wheel perhaps).

I am also open to trading my WC rear wheels for VRL rear wheels as well.

Mark
    Last edited by MO_Better; 10-20-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Enthusiast
    Mo, just heard back. He only has one full set and won't break up. Good luck, go on the FB site I meneioned

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Mo, just heard back. He only has one full set and won't break up. Good luck, go on the FB site I meneioned
    thank you - I understand completely - I do appreciate you jumping in and helping!

Mark

Enthusiast
    Just an update on an old thread. JonB helped me find the remaining center, and I was able to rebuild the wheels as a matching set - the two World Challenge centers are now for sale in the Classifieds. Thank you all for your help - its a great community to be a part of!

Mark