Thread: V 10 therapy

Enthusiast

V 10 therapy

Just sharing thoughts...
    I woke up this Sunday morning and between everything going on and watching the news I was feeling a little "down"
    I thought what better therapy than to find a great CD and take a ride in the Viper so that's just what I did... what a great decision,
    about a 30 mile top off cruise with the music up... just what the doctor ordered.
    I thought to myself on the ride "how are these cars even available for sale" in particular at the prices they are advertised.
    I am in my 50s and have had lots of great cars, purchased first Viper a few years ago and loved it (Gen 1) now a Gen 2 and nothing is like driving these cars... I do often find it hard to believe they are for sale at these prices and don't sell in a day, in my opinion for the money there isn't anything close all things considered... and saves on possible therapy ;-)

Did the same thing yesterday. Hadn't been off the tender out the garage since July4. Went and took a 61 mile drive on local roads to nowhere and back home. Felt waaay better afterwards!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by swexlin View Post
    Did the same thing yesterday. Hadn't been off the tender out the garage since July4. Went and took a 61 mile drive on local roads to nowhere and back home. Felt waaay better afterwards!
    Glad to see you out! The Capital Vipers have had (5) drives since mid-June for a total of 575 miles. We are a really happy group. Mid-September drive and an October overnight planned!! V-10 exhaust kills the Rona...
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Capital Vipers Founding Regional President 2018 - 2021
    Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

Enthusiast
    Wait, these cars have stereos?

Enthusiast
    Robert
    I did the exact same thing. Nothing like a ride in your Viper to pick up your spirits. Depending on your persuasion, viewing TV on Monday evening might go a long way toward that end as well. It’s something to do with North Carolina. Just sayin’

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SA Heat View Post
    Wait, these cars have stereos?
    I usually listen to the music coming out of the Belangers myself......

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill W View Post
    Robert
    I did the exact same thing. Nothing like a ride in your Viper to pick up your spirits. Depending on your persuasion, viewing TV on Monday evening might go a long way toward that end as well. It’s something to do with North Carolina. Just sayin’
    Yep... Looking forward to that myself

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ameration View Post
    I usually listen to the music coming out of the Belangers myself......
    That's on the agenda in the fall, exhaust and gears

Great post, when I get stressed, anxious, or down, I either drive the Viper, or do maintenance on it. My garage is my happy place, always has been. Even if it’s just a couple of beers and some detail spray, it improves my mood significantly.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyb View Post
    Great post, when I get stressed, anxious, or down, I either drive the Viper, or do maintenance on it. My garage is my happy place, always has been. Even if it’s just a couple of beers and some detail spray, it improves my mood significantly.
    Plus one to that!

Enthusiast
    Great post. I've done this quite often. Theres nothing like the sound of that V10 roaring under the hood when you step on the go pedal. Puts a s*%t eat'n grin on my face every time.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyb View Post
    Owning a Viper has definitely honed my detailing skills,
    even if I don't have something to do on the car I will spray polish it again weather it needs it or not...
    and also definitely increased my beer drinking skills

It's very therapeutic indeed. Personally I like banging gears with the music completely off. Just hearing and feeling the car is so satisfying. It's also one of the few cars that I really enjoy detailing myself. Simple wash and dry is fun. I also use buttery wax by Adam's Polishes, very easy product to work with.

Enthusiast
    Drove mine 336 miles yesterday. Living in central Pennsylvania, always click "avoid highways" and "avoid tolls". It's going to add quite a bit of time, but it's always a better drive.

Cruise.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by Robertk View Post
    Owning a Viper has definitely honed my detailing skills,
    even if I don't have something to do on the car I will spray polish it again weather it needs it or not...
    and also definitely increased my beer drinking skills
    Guilty as charged. My garage was built to house whatever two sports/fun cars I own at the moment and nothing else. I often go out in the evening and detail or wax them despite totally not needing it. Very relaxing and no thinking needed. Just some music and a beer.

Enthusiast
    Bryan,

I just have to do it. Being from NJ and having my PA license in la and going through your area many times.....please forgive me.....

Looking at your trip the other day.....I am surprised that you did not take a left and just drive through Intercourse........Just sayin....

(and yes....there are other towns in the area that can be added to the joke above......waiting for them from someone else.....cue 5....4....3.....2....1....)

Plaw

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Savage View Post
    Drove mine 336 miles yesterday. Living in central Pennsylvania, always click "avoid highways" and "avoid tolls". It's going to add quite a bit of time, but it's always a better drive.

Cruise.PNG
    Friends of mine turned me on to an app called Calimoto. Used to find great roads in areas. You guys should check it out.

Cool post. I did the same thing a couple of weekends back. I've driven mine so little this past year, I'd almost feel guilty admitting it. But that recent ~30 miles, the pull of a supercharged V10, rowing through the gears, the exhaust pops when coasting to a stop ... There's no better therapy. You all be safe out there!