Enthusiast

2016 17 Gen V ACR E Carbon Fiber Series Splitter Extensions

Splitter Extensions for Weight Savings, Performance, and Cosmetic Improvement over OEM. Built for strength and durability on track vs. lightest possible weight.

- BOLT-ON direct replacement for 2016-2017 ACR and ACR-E Viper extensions
    - Stainless Steel Threaded Inserts
    - Foam core and reinforced layers of carbon as needed for weight savings and durability
    - Autoclave cured for maximum strength and track tested for aerodynamic function and durability
    - Covered in Paint Protection Film for replaceable UV / Stone Chip Defense

Due to the intended use, the splitter extension is not clear coated so minor surface variations will be present.

3 sizes include:
    - OEM ACR Extreme (4.6lb weight savings over the OEM splitter extension)
    - Mid (OEM +1”)
    - Large (OEM +2”)

The larger sizes allow increased front downforce / aero balance tuning for those who have found this would benefit them at specific tracks while still being lighter than the OEM extension.

Large version installed:
    IMG_8380.jpg

Large version installed at the track:
    IMG_0126.jpg

Comparison of 3 sizes:
    IMG_1119.jpg

Close up of the weave with PPF:
    IMG_1122.jpg

Autoclave cured, out of the mold:
    IMG_0098.jpg

Enthusiast
    Beautiful work but....it kills me seeing/hearing my front OEM splitter scrape today and it would pretty much cause me a coronary attack if these beautiful carbon fiber splitters were scuffed! But out of curiosity how much for the mid version? BTW, awesome lift! Just had mine installed a week ago.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    Beautiful work but....it kills me seeing/hearing my front OEM splitter scrape today and it would pretty much cause me a coronary attack if these beautiful carbon fiber splitters were scuffed! But out of curiosity how much for the mid version? BTW, awesome lift! Just had mine installed a week ago.
    Pricing can be found here: http://www.dougshelbyengineering.com/viper.html

Scraping will happen and this is a wear item replacing a plastic piece so the pricing may not be for everyone. Hopefully the scraping is mostly on the underside unless something unexpected happens, the leading edge and top side has PPF for additional protection. Either way, these are built to be tough within reason (nothing is indestructible).

Yes the lift is great - have been using it for a few years now! Enjoy the jack and lighting options as well.

Thanks
    Doug

Why is everything for Gen V vipers anymore, no love for Gen 4? I mean not even the close out panel in your signature block is available anymore.

Enthusiast
    We offer many products for the other Gens, and more Gen IV offerings than any other (Second to Gen V).

The close out panel is currently unavailable but may return in the future. Other new products are in work. The short answer to your question though is lower demand for parts for the older cars vs Gen V due to a variety of reasons.

Thank you
    Doug

Enthusiast
    I'll be installing on my voodoo soon. Beautiful piece!