Enthusiast

Clarity Auto Detailing

Not a post I ever thought I would have to or enjoy making!

Anyone from the Houston TX area know if Clarity Auto Detailing is still operating as a business? I know he has issues of late (what small business hasn’t with Covid) but I sent him a set of Viper Exchange Big Brake calipers in November 2019 for powder coat and still do not have them back. Communication has been sketchy at best through the whole process and now is non existent. Please do not think this is a bashing or an attempt to smear his business - I’m just at the end of my rope as to where to go next. He has $6,000 worth of calipers plus $1,600 prepaid for the work so its a bit nerve racking!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Patsch; 07-16-2020 at 03:21 AM.

Clarity Auto Detailing

Wow, I thought he was still doing a lot of work. Check on social media platforms like Instagram and see if you see any activity.

Clarity Auto Detailing

I will be curious to see what you find out as I wanted to have my paint protection film redone by him.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    I will be curious to see what you find out as I wanted to have my paint protection film redone by him.
    Thanks for responding....I’ll keep you posted. I have no doubt his work is incredible from all of the reviews and work that I have seen online which is why I felt confident sending them that far. I did see an instagram post that he did a set of stock Viper calipers and an intake recently. It appears he deleted his Facebook page but that could be unrelated. Maybe I’m just being unrealistic on the time frame but going on 8 months seems excessive - especially with sketchy communication - lets the imagination run wild!

I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. I would be feeling the exact same way.

Enthusiast
    Let's hope you get them returned soon. Those ViperEchange/Stoptech Trophy calipers are NOT cheap!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Simms View Post
    Let's hope you get them returned soon. Those ViperEchange/Stoptech Trophy calipers are NOT cheap!
    No doubt...hard to find as well. Working on trying to find replacements is a whole new nightmare! May end up having to go with ST60 / ST40 StopTech’s but finding them outside of a complete BBK kit may take a while.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by C5Longhorn View Post
    I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. I would be feeling the exact same way.
    Thanks! Still crickets on this end but its good to know that my stress level on this may be legitimate!

Has there been any resolution to this? I've tried to contact Clarity for caliper work as well with no response. Related social media seems to be silent. I was really looking forward to having him do the work after seeing reviews and his work.

Enthusiast
    Unfortunately no. Calipers (and money paid for the work) were never returned and it appears he has closed up shop.

I currently have a set at Totally Baked Powder Coating that should be completed soon. They are just outside of Pittsburgh. Communication with them has been great - I can report back with the results if your interested.

Sucks about Clarity though - he really did do excellent work.