Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Schen - will be in the house - amazing it will be good to see you - For those that dont know Schen's pictures are true masterpieces . He has major talent my Avatar here was done by him

I will be up there Friday night . If anyones around come by the Boat House I will be having dinner at the bar around 7
    Last edited by ACR Steve; 07-30-2020 at 01:39 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACR Steve View Post
    so Dennis is walking home with 4 trophies ??
    2. Ate the Most Grass
    3. Best Spin

5. Dirtiest Viper at the end of the Day

7. Special Dennis Award
    It could be 5, if he's the only red Viper in attendance. :-D

Enthusiast
    Sucks I can’t make it. Love this event. So much fun. Have something going on with my daughter that day.

Enthusiast
    Unfortunately Im having some car troubles which I can't get worked out by tomorrow morning. Ive been looking forward to this for a few weeks now and upset I can no longer make it. If there is anyone last minute that would like to take my spot please do.

Thank you for the great time!

Courtney,Ed, Matt and Steve, thanks for all you do putting on this fun event.

Dennis

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSnake44 View Post
    Unfortunately Im having some car troubles which I can't get worked out by tomorrow morning. Ive been looking forward to this for a few weeks now and upset I can no longer make it. If there is anyone last minute that would like to take my spot please do.
    Sorry you missed it Steve. Hopefully, you can get everything sorted out soon.

Thanks to all that attended. It was another successful event! We should be seeing several Viper Owners get invited back to the Championship, yet again. A big thanks to Ed, Courtney and Steve for all the hard work that went into making this a fan favorite. Many are already looking forward to next year's run!

Enthusiast
    Well done. Thank you Matt, Ed Courtney and Steve.

Amazing event everyone

Great driving as always - our club has more top 25 then any club that participates
    Great weather and we even got to spend time with Dennis on his birthday

Thanks everyone who participated! We had a good safe day with a LOT of driving improvement across the board!

Beginners who were timid about their own cars became more confident and everyone was supportive of that. That's always been the most rewarding part of this event for me.

And I said at the start of the day, it's not a competition until the part when it becomes a competition :-)

We are going to wreck Lime Rock's leader board with one event! I didn't snap a photo of Mike's time sheet this year, but from memory I think we will have 7 or 8 of the top 20 spots when they update the list. check back periodically for that -- https://limerock.com/axis-shoot-out

So 2020 standings were posted and did the field really move up! Last year a sub 19 guarenteed you a spot for the shootout, and now you need a mid 18 to get a shot!

Ray, Steve, Ryan made the cut! I believe Tony, Ed, and Steve G are backups

https://limerock.com/sites/default/f...09.30%20v3.pdf
    Last edited by cubeman; 10-02-2020 at 06:05 PM.

Enthusiast
    This year the top 30 are competing. I remember they were talking about this change last year. I'll confirm with Mike. I'll probably go up on the 17th for another run or two. Also, looking at those times...seems wrong to me. I ran an 18.69.
    Last edited by ViperTony; 10-02-2020 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    This year the top 30 are competing. I remember they were talking about this change last year. I'll confirm with Mike. I'll probably go up on the 17th for another run or two. Also, looking at those times...seems wrong to me. I ran an 18.69.
    I linked last years by accident, fixed.

Enthusiast
    So the grand finale is 10/31, this Saturday for the Limerock Autocross Shoot Out and it's going to nuts as they changed it this year. Top 30 will compete. Very fast drivers this year but we have 5 Vipers competing. Will Don repeat at champ? Come watch what should be a fun and interesting competition!

From our friends @ Limerock:
    The Details:
    When: Saturday, October 31st from 12:30 – 5:00 PM (Awards Ceremony to follow)
    Where: Lime Rock Park

What it is:
    The Autocross Invitational Shootout (or AXiS) is an invitational competition where the 30 fastest drivers from the year are invited back to compete for the coveted Autocross Crown. This event is free for invited drivers, with an awards ceremony following the event. Food & beverages also provided.

This year, we are doing things a little different. Participants of the past know how much LRP loves to shake things up, so we have decided to keep that tradition alive with an all new tournament structure. For the 2020 AXiS, we will be doing a Round Robin - Elimination Style format.

What to expect:
    Round One (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM): 21-30 place drivers will compete in a qualifying round. The 5 fastest drivers from this group will advance.

Round Two (2:00 PM - 3:00 PM): 11-20 place drivers (as well as the 5 qualifying winners) will compete in round 2. The 5 fastest drivers from this group will advance.

Round Three (3:00 PM - 4:00 PM): 1-10 place drivers (as well as the 5 winners from round 2) will compete in round 3. The 10 fastest drivers from this group will advance to the finals.

Final Round (4:00 PM - 5:00 PM): The 10 remaining drivers will compete in the finals.

Awards Ceremony (5:00 PM - 6:00 PM): The Awards Ceremony will take place outside of the Infield Chalet. We will have food, hors d'oeuvres, and drinks provided for the participants.

What's at stake:
    The winner of the Autocross Shootout will receive a One Day Track Pass with our Lime Rock Drivers Club. This pass provides the winner with all the amenities of a Club Member for a day including a catered lunch, world class coaching, loads of track time, and access to the Clubhouse.

What layout are we driving?:
    Many people like to try and prepare for the event as best as possible by asking me several questions about the track layout. To make things fair (and fun!) for everyone, LRP will use several track layouts and configurations that were not driven during the regular season. This ensures that everyone is on a level playing field. Drivers should be prepared for all sorts of scenarios, including but not limited to:
    Wet vs Dry pavement conditions
    Half course vs Full course
    Reverse direction vs Traditional
    Backwards chicanes vs Traditional
    Cones vs No cones
    # of laps
    Cone penalties

YOU WILL NOT KNOW THE COURSE LAYOUTS BEFORE THE EVENT. DON'T BOTHER ASKING .

Capture.jpg

Enthusiast
    Wow, congrats to everyone that got invited back. This year's times are mindboggling!!!

Good luck this weekend to all our Vipers in attendance and please report back how everything went and what track layout they went with this year.

Can't wait to hear how we did.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12