Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Autocross and Skid Pad Day at Lime Rock Park 2020

Saturday, August 1, 2020. 8:30am - 4:30pm. It's ON

We have the all-clear from Lime Rock. Of course reasonable safety precautions will be in place. For those of you who have done this event before, you know it's pretty easy to stay 6' away from other drivers all day and still have an AMAZING time in your Viper.

We are trimming the number of spots available this year, so don't delay in signing up. - More time-on-track for you!

The List So Far

SlateEd
    S5 Courtney
    ACR Steve
    TheTalonGuy +1
    00VPRGTS
    PistOn
    Ryan
    Dennis
    Nik
    Alecia
    Peter M
    Peter's Vette Friend
    Ken Quinn +1
    Kyle Dykeman
    BlueSnake44
    Travis Kelly
    AnalogMike
    ViperTony
    Ray Cash
    Richie7
    Steve G.
    Karl D.
    Tim
    Tesla Dan
    Brandon
    Lambo Sal
    Matt C.
    Roger M.
    Last edited by SlateEd; 07-26-2020 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Adding to the List

Enthusiast
    Signed up...looking forward to the event!

Signed up!

Enthusiast
    Thanks for setting up Ed!!!

All signed up...Let's do this!!!!!!

To all those those who normally attend, you can attest to how awesome this event is!

To all those who have not tried it, you should seriously consider registering. You are getting A LOT of value for the money. You'd spend twice the amount and only get half the time if you were to register outside of our event.

You won't have to worry about killing off your tires/brakes as with a full road course day. No helmets are needed and there are no walls nearby. You will be amongst your very supportive and knowledgeable Viper brethren. You will also be a better snake handler at the end of the day!

Don't miss out! You will regret it!

Enthusiast
    Just signed up as well. See you guys there!!

Quote Originally Posted by ACR Steve View Post
    In
    Well then I'll have to go too, see you then!!!

Quote Originally Posted by analogmike View Post
    Well then I'll have to go too, see you then!!!
    Will be great to see you man! I'll be asking your advice on getting an Audi to stop plowing :-)

Mike, it will be good to see you my friend

Enthusiast
    In but only if Dennis doesn't register.

Dennis or Denise as his friends know him is lucky that no helmets are needed. He doesnt have to worry about forgetting it like last week

Ok I'm in!

Enthusiast
    In...I schedule vacations around this event as a testament!

This year I will give Steve some pointers, maybe keep him on track .

Quote Originally Posted by 99ACR View Post
    This year I will give Steve some pointers, maybe keep him on track .
    Dennis, It will be great to see you again man! Just remember, the beers have to wait until AFTER the event :-)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SlateEd View Post
    Dennis, It will be great to see you again man! Just remember, the beers have to wait until AFTER the event :-)
    Let's help Dennis out....

At Lime Rock Big Bang...Dennis forgot his helmet and pants...but he persevered.

He was slow around the track, after checking his tire pressures he was running 16-18psi all around. Inflated to 29psi...and he ran slower...but he still perservered.

He didn't know what a point-by was so when a car wanted to pass him, he turned on his blinker to give them the "point by".

But Dennis has grown and learned from this experience. He is adamant that he will be THE next Axis Shootout Champion! I believe in you Dennis! Give them them hell!

P.S. Bring a tire pressure gauge. <- Worth saving 2/10ths on the autox course.

^^^^^
    All true

We need a reality TV show with Dennis. It would just follow him around daily .The days hes with us must just be a drop in the bucket compared to his every day craziness
    Last edited by ACR Steve; 07-24-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Enthusiast
    At least I ran Big Bang on Friday instead of Saturday. I can’t risk the officials confusing my car with Dennis’.

This is going to be great! We are 1 spot away from sold-out, despite what a crazy 2020 we're having. Thanks everyone for spreading the word!

I'm posting this here just in case anyone does not read email that comes from me (I wouldn't blame you)

Lime Rock has some specific requirements for groups using the facility. Please read these fully. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to email prior to Saturday.

Responsibility: Attendee responsibility under these circumstances includes the follows:
    1. No personal contact at all, with anyone, whatsoever.
    2. Always maintain 6‐foot (2 meter) social distancing.
    3. If such distancing is not feasible, other measures such as face covering, hand hygiene,
    cough etiquette, cleanliness and sanitation should be rigorously practiced.
    4. Bring and wear own masks and latex or similar type gloves.
    5. Bring own writing implements for signing waivers, forms etc.
    6. Frequent hand washing is requested while at Lime Rock Park.
    7. Bring own sanitizer and or sanitizing wipes.
    8. Lime Rock Park requests strict and proper adherence to these requirements.
    9. If Lime Rock Park is alerted to a presumptive case of COVID‐19 during visit, Lime Rock Park will
    contact Torrington Health District and follow the appropriate actions recommended.

We will have a fun and safe day on the track; please do all you can to contribute to everyone’s safety off the track as well.

Enthusiast
    Hey!

I'm chiming in here cause Matt reached out for some photo guy on the gram and I generally don't miss this one.

--RS

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schen View Post
    Hey!

I'm chiming in here cause Matt reached out for some photo guy on the gram and I generally don't miss this one.

--RS
    We'd love to have you at the event in your official capacity

Also, just want to thank Ed and Steve for all the hard work that they put into this event. There's a lot of moving pieces that are needed to make this a successful event (as it always turns to be). This is all done on their free time, while having extra busy personal lives to contend with, to ensure a flawless, fun and safe event.

Saturday is showing to be sunny and about 10 degrees+ cooler than it has been. GAME ON, LET'S GO!

Just want to let you guys know, just in case you want to do something special.
    Sat is my b-day. Turning 50, can you believe that. Ed bring extra beer!

The amazing part is you cant remember anything else but you can remember its your birthday

Enthusiast
    Excited to announce the following prizes for Saturday:

1. Fastest Time
    2. Ate the Most Grass
    3. Best Spin
    4. Most Improved Driver
    5. Dirtiest Viper at the end of the Day
    6. Fastest Red Viper (b/c we know they're slower )
    7. Special Dennis Award

so Dennis is walking home with 4 trophies ??
    2. Ate the Most Grass
    3. Best Spin

5. Dirtiest Viper at the end of the Day

7. Special Dennis Award

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast