Enthusiast

CC Pointers

Made the jump!

What oil?
    What oil filter?
    Typical alignment?
    Brake bias?
    Fuel?
    Ride height? (Smooth track, no sharp elevation changes)
    Rake?
    What do these weigh? Trying to figure out NASA TT class. Hoping for TT1.
    Is the thread pitch on the wheel studs the same as other Vipers?

Thanks for the help, I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Nick

Enthusiast
    What oil -- Canola
    What oil filter - Bounty Extra Absorbent
    Typical Alignment - Political question , not going to answer.
    Brake Bias - I am personally not biased towards any brakes
    Fuel - yes, it uses fuel
    Ride Height - I think you can ride or drive if you are over 5'2"
    Rake - I like a loose leaf rake
    What doe these weigh -- well depends some on how much you weigh. They have a lot of Class , so you will be a star in NASA
    Not sure what thread pitch is about , since Baseball has not started and the studs who can wheel around the bases are not playing either.

Oh glad to help!!

Damn, you are excited my friend , but I think some of the guys are running TT1 , but just depends on what the previous owner has or hasn't done with the motor. Sorry to be a wiseasp, but you are super pumped up , excited for you and just had to engage in a little good natured ribbing!
    Last edited by Bill Pemberton; 06-30-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Enthusiast
    Congrats on the switch!! Once all setup the way you want, you will LOVE it.

I know we run 15-50 Mobil 1. Everything else is done by Jeff Stout.

My CC is VRL spec (stock motor), and I run ST-1 in NASA. The bigger HP vipers with hybrid motors run SU. I can dig up one of my recent setup sheets if you like.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the specs on your CC?

Enthusiast
    Hey Nick, congrats!!!

4 years ago I got mine and had a similar path like you, built a G4 ACR to about as far as it would go. More than once I had friends or other guys at the track say, "you're going way to fast in a street car." Now with the cage, cell, etc., etc I feel very safe!!!!

For oil, I also go with the Mobil 1 15/50 and the OEM filter is what you want to use.

Fuel is going to be based on your motor specs. I'd recommend a mix to 95 even if you are on a stock 525 hp motor, remember you are running it hard all the time! I mix to 98, others run straight 100.

Below is my chassis set up sheet from Ross Murray. Ross set it up "neutral" meaning good for all tracks, not set for a specific track. Look the sheet over, you'll see ride height, weight, wing configuration, ride heights, spring rates, etc. etc.

If you are others aren't aware of who Ross is, or want's to question the alignment specs, keep in mind he put a crate motor back into a Comp Coupe and and was the NASA T-1 National Champion in 2017.

Other's know more about the class set up with NASA better than me, obviously your dyno results will be the driver. Seems a stock motor can make T-1 but right on the cusp. Good luck, post some pictures of your car and let us know the chassis #. Mike

Chassis Specs.jpg

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    What oil -- Canola
    What oil filter - Bounty Extra Absorbent
    Typical Alignment - Political question , not going to answer.
    Brake Bias - I am personally not biased towards any brakes
    Fuel - yes, it uses fuel
    Ride Height - I think you can ride or drive if you are over 5'2"
    Rake - I like a loose leaf rake
    What doe these weigh -- well depends some on how much you weigh. They have a lot of Class , so you will be a star in NASA
    Not sure what thread pitch is about , since Baseball has not started and the studs who can wheel around the bases are not playing either.

Oh glad to help!!

Damn, you are excited my friend , but I think some of the guys are running TT1 , but just depends on what the previous owner has or hasn't done with the motor. Sorry to be a wisest, but you are super pumped up , excited for you and just had to engage in a little good natured ribbing!
    Such an ass lol

Quote Originally Posted by Simms View Post
    Congrats on the switch!! Once all setup the way you want, you will LOVE it.

I know we run 15-50 Mobil 1. Everything else is done by Jeff Stout.

My CC is VRL spec (stock motor), and I run ST-1 in NASA. The bigger HP vipers with hybrid motors run SU. I can dig up one of my recent setup sheets if you like.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the specs on your CC?
    Working on that now, not 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Hey Nick, congrats!!!

4 years ago I got mine and had a similar path like you, built a G4 ACR to about as far as it would go. More than once I had friends or other guys at the track say, "you're going way to fast in a street car." Now with the cage, cell, etc., etc I feel very safe!!!!

For oil, I also go with the Mobil 1 15/50 and the OEM filter is what you want to use.

Fuel is going to be based on your motor specs. I'd recommend a mix to 95 even if you are on a stock 525 hp motor, remember you are running it hard all the time! I mix to 98, others run straight 100.

Below is my chassis set up sheet from Ross Murray. Ross set it up "neutral" meaning good for all tracks, not set for a specific track. Look the sheet over, you'll see ride height, weight, wing configuration, ride heights, spring rates, etc. etc.

If you are others aren't aware of who Ross is, or want's to question the alignment specs, keep in mind he put a crate motor back into a Comp Coupe and and was the NASA T-1 National Champion in 2017.

Other's know more about the class set up with NASA better than me, obviously your dyno results will be the driver. Seems a stock motor can make T-1 but right on the cusp. Good luck, post some pictures of your car and let us know the chassis #. Mike

Chassis Specs.jpg
    Chassis #3.

I have two words for you

DAMN IT!

Enthusiast
    Happy to hear for you but sad to know tom sold it. that's a real nice Comp Coupe.

We were just together at laguan 2 weeks ago.

Laguna is running a 105 db weekend in mid-August.

I would strongly recommend you keep it with Tim and then go to Laguna that weekend before you head home.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Happy to hear for you but sad to know tom sold it. that's a real nice Comp Coupe.

We were just together at laguan 2 weeks ago.

Laguna is running a 105 db weekend in mid-August.

I would strongly recommend you keep it with Tim and then go to Laguna that weekend before you head home.
    If I wasn't young, dumb and impatient, I would...but I want this car back ASAP so I can get it on the track and get ready for my NASA event the second weekend in August at our local-ish track.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    If I wasn't young, dumb and impatient, I would...but I want this car back ASAP so I can get it on the track and get ready for my NASA event the second weekend in August at our local-ish track.
    Which event are you heading to?

I know Mike I'm going to miss it for sure...! It's still in the garage and I'm missing it already.

Here is a 2018 Buttonwillow teaser pic for Nick. Just finished passing the Vette.
    Buttonwillow 1.jpg

And a Video at Spring Mountain, reeling in a few Viper friends.

https://youtu.be/VCXv_AnuXf4

Made the jump!

What oil?
    What oil filter?
    Typical alignment?
    Brake bias?
    Fuel?
    Ride height? (Smooth track, no sharp elevation changes)
    Rake?
    What do these weigh? Trying to figure out NASA TT class. Hoping for TT1.
    Is the thread pitch on the wheel studs the same as other Vipers?

Thanks for the help, I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Nick
    Hi Nick,
    The previous owner and myself use 15/50 Mobil One
    I have a new Wix Racing oil filter that I'll send. I continued to use the same filter as previous owners. The filter is not on the engine, it's remotely located and easy to access.
    Regarding alignment, I would start with what Mike posted or something very close to that.
    It has the Titlon adjustable brake bias knob on the dash. So you can adjust to suit your style. Tilton has pretty good instructional videos on how to adjust, how much each turn or click does what change.
    Fuel: 100 or 101.
    Ride height: Book calls for initial set up of F: 3 3/8" R: 3 7/8,
    So 1/2" rake. That was with the Hoosier sized slicks.
    I never weighed it, so I can't say. The car has a lot of Mods so it is lighter than a stock VCC. It has Lexan windows, carbon dash, light weight head lights.
    Wheel Studs pitch is stock, 1/2" 20.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhlr8n View Post
    Hi Nick,
    The previous owner and myself use 15/50 Mobil One
    I have a new Wix Racing oil filter that I'll send. I continued to use the same filter as previous owners. The filter is not on the engine, it's remotely located and easy to access.
    Regarding alignment, I would start with what Mike posted or something very close to that.
    It has the Titlon adjustable brake bias knob on the dash. So you can adjust to suit your style. Tilton has pretty good instructional videos on how to adjust, how much each turn or click does what change.
    Fuel: 100 or 101.
    Ride height: Book calls for initial set up of F: 3 3/8" R: 3 7/8,
    So 1/2" rake. That was with the Hoosier sized slicks.
    I never weighed it, so I can't say. The car has a lot of Mods so it is lighter than a stock VCC. It has Lexan windows, carbon dash, light weight head lights.
    Wheel Studs pitch is stock, 1/2" 20.
    Tom, I knew you would know the answer...but after inundating you with 100 questions I figured I'd ask elsewhere haha

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Simms View Post
    Which event are you heading to?
    It's NASA Central Region at Heartland Park in Topeka, KS

Enthusiast
    I am super excited for you Nick and look forward to seeing you at the NASA Event at Heartland Motorsports Park in August. I have a feeling Mark Kirby and Miller will be surprised to see another full blown Viper Race Car and I only wonder how soon before you end up in the Race Group? Heck, the cool graphics alone will ramp up the intimidation factor on you new Comp Coupe, ha.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Pemberton View Post
    I am super excited for you Nick and look forward to seeing you at the NASA Event at Heartland Motorsports Park in August. I have a feeling Mark Kirby and Miller will be surprised to see another full blown Viper Race Car and I only wonder how soon before you end up in the Race Group? Heck, the cool graphics alone will ramp up the intimidation factor on you new Comp Coupe, ha.
    I just hope you can get your old ass out of bed that day to come! Haha Just giving you shit, hopefully you're recovering from your fall well!

I guess I'll wait to see what the wrap looks like in person...but as of this second, I'm incredibly confident I'm going to get it re-wrapped in the red/white/blue LeMans livery.

Tom, I knew you would know the answer...but after inundating you with 100 questions I figured I'd ask elsewhere haha
    Glad to help. Good idea to get others input too. I'm sure the other guys with more experience with theses bad boys can chime in.