Sub'd

Enthusiast
    This thread will be epic

Enthusiast
    Awesome! This is one on my back burner.

Quote Originally Posted by gpbtt View Post
    Attachment 44223Attachment 44224
    Just finished this Mod on mine.
    did you paint the entire hood after holes were cut?

No, no need to

Enthusiast
    Attachment 44223Attachment 44224
    That's commitment. Blasting holes in a 15K dollar hood, that's hard to get!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by darbgnik View Post
    That's commitment. Blasting holes in a 15K dollar hood, that's hard to get!
    ^^^not for faint of Heart^^^...I most assuredly could not do it...

Enthusiast
    I'd maybe pay Pappy or someone with the skill to do the vent mods in a hood...more likely I would buy a preowned ACR hood, if I ever saw one and had the cash on hand.

Guys the best replacement is a $6,300 Agency power hood and you paint it and cut the acr e fender vents. Skip the 16k Mopar hood.

9245DBAF-2491-4EAB-9E55-DD672969BC81.jpg

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by supersnake View Post
    So, are you using another wrecked Viper to build this one? Or the pics of the frame looks like the old frame from your Carbon Car. Anyways Great Job!!!!! Watched your last build,Very Good work
    No, that Carbon Edition Frame was trashed. This one is a donar frame from Alex's Rebuild front impact Viper frame and an FCA GTS front 1/2 frame cut from one of their test car's they crushed after they were done with evaluations. As a matter of fact, most the panels of that FCA test vehicle are on the current vehicle. I still have FCA Showcar #2 panels, which may end up on this build, and ACR #1 and #2 panels that will, more than likely, go onto the next build except the spoiler which is on my current build.

IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_2124.jpg
    IMG_1350.jpg
    Last edited by viperguy69; 06-26-2020 at 09:04 AM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot@Prefix View Post
    Good luck!
    I am very familiar with both our Medusa's and Targas!
    I may need a little direction and insight as I run into issues. I would greatly appreciate your insight. I know in the past, when I asked, you said PREFIX made the form for the MEDUSA trunk lid. Was the MEDUSA trunk lid completely fabricated new or was it spliced with a GEN 3/4 lid and Gen 5 lid?

Enthusiast
    Again, just to let everyone know, I am an active duty Marine. I am focused on work during the work week and only work on the car on days off or on the weekends when weather permits. If I don't respond it is not because I am ignoring you but rather I am knee deep in budget balancing actions that I hope the tax payer can appreciate, after all its your tax money I am spending. In 59 days I will be on terminal leave and I will spend about 60 days working on the car with the 120+ days I have on the books. With the other 60 days I think I have to spend focused on finding that next job and doing interviews, growing up sucks.
    Last edited by viperguy69; 06-26-2020 at 07:11 AM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
    I'd maybe pay Pappy or someone with the skill to do the vent mods in a hood...more likely I would buy a preowned ACR hood, if I ever saw one and had the cash on hand.
    Whereas I really do appreciate Pappy's work and have that feed saved, I want to perform these cuts to the hood myself... I have wanted to do these cuts since before Pappy showed us how it was done. I am not worried about the hood as the hood already need repair as I traded a perfectly good GTS hood + cash for this wrecked one so that if I screwed it up it would be at a minimal loss. I am hoping for not screwing it up though!

I watched a few video's and got the dimensional data off one of them... should not be that hard! However, I saw someone had posted the fiberglass casts but they were sold before I could ask any questions to the seller.

Picture1.jpg
    Picture6.jpg
    Last edited by viperguy69; 06-26-2020 at 07:22 AM.

20006E36-2CC7-4087-8FD5-8091ECB7DDE4.jpg

Don’t guess20006E36-2CC7-4087-8FD5-8091ECB7DDE4.jpg, I have these for sale $600.00 including shipping

Enthusiast
    20006E36-2CC7-4087-8FD5-8091ECB7DDE4.jpg

Don’t guess I have these for sale $600.00 including shipping
    Yeap... that was the item I was looking at! Alright, let's barter... what you looking for?

Enthusiast
    Cool project!

$600.00

Quote Originally Posted by viperguy69 View Post
    I may need a little direction and insight as I run into issues. I would greatly appreciate your insight. I know in the past, when I asked, you said PREFIX made the form for the MEDUSA trunk lid. Was the MEDUSA trunk lid completely fabricated new or was it spliced with a GEN 3/4 lid and Gen 5 lid?
    We made the decklid completely from scratch, with our own mold.

Props to Scott from Prefix for posting on this thread really cool to see

Enthusiast
    So excited to follow this thread! Your last build was epic!!! Can't wait to see what magic you can create with this one

Enthusiast
    I believe Xtreme Supercars offers templates as well. Their products are top notch. I'd definitely speak to them before cutting.

Enthusiast
    Where does one subscribe ???

Enthusiast
    Subscribed, looking forward to seeing the build progress.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gfviperman View Post
    Where does one subscribe ???
    Just go to "My Profile" up top then when the next page opens you'll see some tabs "ALL", Your username, "Friends", "Subscriptions", "Photos"

Enthusiast
    Alright, sorry for the delay it has been a little on the warm side out here in VA and its been a good 4th of July weekend to get the other car out for a pit-stop here and there... But, today I finally just decide to fight the heat and get back too it on preparing the frame for the splice.

Here is a picture of the front clip to be spliced after I cut it with a plasma cutter.

04.jpg

06.jpg

Here is a picture of the front clip after I cleaned up most of the excess slag from the plasma cuts.

13.jpg

14.jpg

The front frame is about 80% complete and I need to make a few strategic cuts that will allow me to splice the frames together with the best success. Maybe next weekend I will get the rest of the cuts done and then the following week start splicing the two together again, fingers crossed.

17.jpg

Total Time on this part of the project was about 3.5 hours
    Last edited by viperguy69; 07-06-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast