Threaded View

Enthusiast

How to Build a MEDUSA

Well, last project was a success and its time for the next Viper build.

https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...ame-Conversion

I was toying with the idea of the TARGA top for the next project but then decided on a Convertible instead. The TARGA will have some techniques I will have to learn to master a little better while building the MEDUSA. This project will take me through to next spring, if all goes as planned, and I should have a good time figuring out a few problems and fabricating the solution.

The frame I will start with is the frame from Alex Rebuild's wrecked Viper and then I will splice in a good front frame into the mix to make sure the engine cradle is right and the frame is straight all the way through. Now, if I still lived in Michigan I would have just pulled the frame straight on a frame machine and been off to the races... but here in Virginia, it is very hard to find anyone who is willing to pull a frame for just anybody. I spent about a year going from one shop to another with no luck getting anybody to help me out. So, cutting and splicing is the solution I will use.

And for those of you that think I am crazy or that this will never come to be... well, I have heard it all before and I think I am more than capable of building a Viper the way I want to build it. This is not my first adventure down this road.

Again, I am posting my build here to keep my motivation up and to keep the project moving along. I expect the following to be temporary delays in the build process:

1) Finding a Gen 3/4 convertible rear tub - only need the top part of the tub so a cracked up tub is perfectly acceptable.

2) Finding a Gen 3/4 convertible rear hatch - a hatch that has been cracked in the rear is good to go as I will be cutting off the rear portion of the hatch to splice.

3) Finding a GEN 5 hatch that is damaged or cracked at the top - I only need the rear of the hatch to allow me to splice it with the rear of the GEN 3/4

4) Finding a cheap Gen 3/4 window frame - I do not like the 1" splice in the medusa and will use a GEN 3/4 window frame to keep the frame to top with a clean profile.
    Last edited by viperguy69; 06-20-2020 at 05:23 PM.