Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Enthusiast
    George
    With careful sanding I was not required to touch up any paint as well, edges came out crisp and clean
    Dennis
    image2.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    image8.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGeorge View Post
    I've seen several posts on this site about people installing the ACR hood vents over the tires. I don't remember anyone saying whether they painted the edges around the cut. I assume this must be done. How did they do it? Take it to a body shop? Paint it themselves? Use a touch up bottle?

Viperguy69, where do you get all the parts? Many are discontinued or on national back order. ACR side sills, window regulators, etc.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    George
    With careful sanding I was not required to touch up any paint as well, edges came out crisp and clean
    Dennis
    image2.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    You must be an artist with sandpaper! Looks great!

Enthusiast
    Alright, got the next set cut into the hood. I will get pictures with the vents inserted this weekend as it was getting a little dark when I was finishing these cut and I had to get dinner on the BBQ.

20220430_173755.jpg20220430_175643.jpg20220430_174926.jpg20220430_183742(1).jpg

Now to get everything boxed up and shipped back to HAWK! Those molds made this job so much easier and so much less intense then I thought it would. I was worried that if I did it all by measurements I would get one of them off by 1/2 inch and it would have drove me crazy.... these look right on the money!
    Last edited by viperguy69; 05-04-2022 at 09:12 PM.

Enthusiast
    When I get rid of my paper route I am going to get a set of those CF vents Hawk. That is some artwork on that orange hood, looks great. At least I still have to repair these two hoods and then get them painted, so a little oops is not desired but tolerable for this build. If my other six vent hood was not the engineering sample, I would have been cutting holes in it as well.

Pappy, your original post was what inspired to do this a while back.... I just got really side tracked!
    Last edited by viperguy69; 05-04-2022 at 09:20 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by viperguy69 View Post
    When I get rid of my paper route I am going to get a set of those CF vents Hawk. That is some artwork on that orange hood, looks great. At least I still have to repair these two hoods and then get them painted, so a little oops is not desired but tolerable for this build. If my other six vent hood was not the engineering sample, I would have been cutting holes in it as well.

Pappy, your original post was what inspired to do this a while back.... I just got really side tracked!

And very nice work!!!!

Pappy

Enthusiast
    Well, its spring again, time to roll this thing out of the garage and get back to work on it!

Enthusiast
    Be sure to update with some Pics!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234