Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Enthusiast
    I totally agree with you. I should not have to pull fuses either. But before anyone else tests their car to see if it will pass the test, I'd recommend putting down some plastic just encase it doesn't go to well. It took me some considerable time to clean up all that glass. I'm going to give FCA time to do the right thing with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by darbgnik View Post
    When I first heard about the glass exploding issue, the first thing I did was go out and inspect the rear hatch, then run the defroster for a full cycle. Figured I may as well while I still have warranty......

That was before it was narrowed down to early 2013s, and then newer winged cars. Owners outside this range of cars shouldn't live in fear.

I have a 50 year old Charger where my goal is for EVERYTHING to function. I'll be damned if I'm gonna pull the fuse on an amenity of a modern car. But that's just me.

OP, I hope they treat you right, even out of warranty. I know my local dealer covered a repair on my fiancee's SRT Jeep that for some reason wasn't covered by the extended warranty on their dime "to keep a repeat customer happy".

Bruce H.
    Quote Originally Posted by TRH62 View Post
    I totally agree with you. I should not have to pull fuses either. But before anyone else tests their car to see if it will pass the test, I'd recommend putting down some plastic just encase it doesn't go to well. It took me some considerable time to clean up all that glass. I'm going to give FCA time to do the right thing with mine.
    Forget the plastic sheet and hope-for-the-best test. Check the clearance using the photos posted above and know it won't blow.

Better still have the dealer check it and add the tape from the tsb anyway and then have them test it.. should be good to go then

Enthusiast
    I had the dealer perform the TSB a few weeks ago. Then we agreed to wait until fall to "test" it.
    ... just in case for some reason it decides to blow.

Then they have all winter (while the car is in storage) to source the back glass.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RT SERPENT View Post
    I had the dealer perform the TSB a few weeks ago. Then we agreed to wait until fall to "test" it.

Then they have all winter (while the car is in storage) to source the back glass.
    I don't know about availability, but online pricing of the back glass isn't as expensive as I thought it would be.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RT SERPENT View Post

Hey you added the 2017 ACR-E! Good job buddy!

As far as the OP, you are the original owner of the car so I do not think it will be an issue for Dodge to take care of it, especially if they have been doing all the work from day one and had ample time to correct the TSB while in their possession. Not like a car on it's 5th owner.

As far as a modern car and taking a stance on pulling fuses, hell the first thing an Aston Martin owner does is pull the damn exhaust dampening fuse so the car sounds better. It's a fuse, cheap insurance to remove in my opinion even if just from a hassle standpoint of fixing.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Coloviper View Post

As far as a modern car and taking a stance on pulling fuses, hell the first thing an Aston Martin owner does is pull the damn exhaust dampening fuse so the car sounds better. It's a fuse, cheap insurance to remove in my opinion even if just from a hassle standpoint of fixing.
    Pulling the exhaust fuse in an Aston to annoy your neighbors isn't the same as neutering a convenience feature in a modern car out of fear.

Maybe I like living on the edge...….. by using the defroster, lol!

Enthusiast
    The CSR with FCA Corporate called and stated they will not be covering my claim for damages since there is no recall on the issue. Not happy about it one bit but I'm done dealing with it. I truly appreciate everyone's input on the matter.

Enthusiast
    I'll pull the fuse...I'll never use it.

Enthusiast
    Trust me as I'll be doing the same. FYI: I was able to buy the OEM glass for $1102.00 at my dealership. Had to ask for the best price to get it at that cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen5snake View Post
    I'll pull the fuse...I'll never use it.

Enthusiast
    Sometime before my extended warranty runs out I will try the defrost button. Sometime ...

Bump, Extremely important to PULL fuse #20
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123