Enthusiast

WTB Bob Hubbach print poster of GTS amp GTS R

I'm trying to locate a print (poster) that was offered for sale through the VCA many years ago. It's fairly large, I believe 24"x36" IIRC. It's a painting of a BW Viper GTS driving next to a white Viper GTS-R. If anybody has one in nice shape they would consider selling, please drop me a line. Would love to hang in my office along with the other GTS-R prints by B. Hubbach I have.

Also looking for the Dodge marketing posters of the FIA and LeMans winning vipers if anybody has those.

Thanks!
    Last edited by RacerJRP; 06-06-2020 at 09:44 PM.

Enthusiast
    This one? Note not for sale but to clarify what you are looking for.

IMG_7056.jpg

Enthusiast
    Yes! That is the Hubbach poster I am after. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by RacerJRP View Post
    Yes! That is the Hubbach poster I am after. Thanks for posting.
    Message sent.

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    PartsRack has the Set Of 3 Bob Hubbach autographed lithos avail, surplus from 1998, and as was given away to GT-2 buyers.

$99 for the set is CHEAP for hisssstory......

HIssssstory TidBit: in 1997, the GTS-R won the Drivers FIA championship at Laguna Seca, after winning the Manufacturers Championship 2 weeks prior at Sebring. The GT-2 was created to memorialize these achievements.

I was there for both, and even drove the parade-pace Viper at Sebring. Better yet, sitting (virtually anonymously) next to me in the grandstand at Laguna, was none other than "Proud Papa" Bob Hubbach himself, watching HIS creation take that championship season. A few club members got their cars signed by Bob that day....... quite the autograph and date!
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 06-09-2020 at 04:31 PM.

Enthusiast
    JonB,

What great experiences to be in attendance at those races!

I was lucky to obtain a complete GTS-R packet with the spec sheets, photos, and three prints a while back. Think this larger poster would accompany them very nicely.

Enthusiast
    My parents took me to CAAP when I was 15. After touring the facility, I picked out this poster and a #56 1/18 scale car. I still have both in my garage today... 20 years later

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerJRP View Post
    JonB,

What great experiences to be in attendance at those races!

I was lucky to obtain a complete GTS-R packet with the spec sheets, photos, and three prints a while back. Think this larger poster would accompany them very nicely.
    Indeed ! I was at pit-out for Sebring race, and my pulse was day-long pounding. Even got the 'Champagne Shower' in V-lane at the end. The clubbers were in their corral cross-track at both events, me-too at Laguna. UNFORGETTABLE.

Enthusiast
    Still looking for the Hubbach poster as well as some of the other FIA/ LeMans posters that were put out by Dodge. Particularly the victory and championship versions.

Hi!
    Don’t mean to butt in on this conversation but this thread came up when I was searching for something else online. I am Bob Hubbach’s daughter Sarah. My dad is still alive and well. He has these posters available if you are still looking. He can also sign them again if that’s something you would be interested in.
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by ksarahsarah View Post
    Hi!
    Don’t mean to butt in on this conversation but this thread came up when I was searching for something else online. I am Bob Hubbach’s daughter Sarah. My dad is still alive and well. He has these posters available if you are still looking. He can also sign them again if that’s something you would be interested in.
    Sarah
    Welcome Sarah! Great to see you posting here. Definitely interested, sent you a private message

Cool!
    Cost?
    Last edited by Viper98; 09-16-2021 at 03:55 PM.

You’d have to ask him yourself. Message me and I can give you his phone number. He has various prints and stuff. Probably different prices for different things. He says he has some stuff that’s rare.
    I’m sitting here with him having dinner now and I told him about this thread and now it’s story time.

Enthusiast
    You’d have to ask him yourself. Message me and I can give you his phone number. He has various prints and stuff. Probably different prices for different things. He says he has some stuff that’s rare.
    I’m sitting here with him having dinner now and I told him about this thread and now it’s story time.

Wow! Thanks for the reply Sarah. I am still looking (I started this thread), and will send you a note for contact information.

Enthusiast
    Hi!
    Sarah

NICE BUTT-in, Sarah! None better in fact. So glad to hear Bob is well and active and engaged. Bob is a treasure. Please keep us informed. If he can dictate to you a GT anecdote or two, we are hanging on...........he must have an assortment!

I doubt he will remember me without a pix, but he might remember the Laguna-Seca grandstand and victory celebration..
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 09-27-2021 at 03:52 PM.

Hi Jon! I actually read him this thread when we were at dinner and of course he remembers that day. My dad is getting up there but still sharp as a tack! He has an incredible memory. He started telling some good stories about the roll out and how some of those posters came to be. I’ll see if I can get him to answer some questions for you if you have anything particular you wanted to know.
    He’s more than happy to tell stories. He was telling me incredible details about the Valiant Charger project in Australia that he did back in ‘70 when he was there working for Chrysler. The Charger Club sometimes brings him over to do a meet and greet and sign autographs. We were supposed to go this year as it’s their 50yr anniversary but things are still to shaky with travel unfortunately and that’s a really long plane ride as well.