Enthusiast

1998 Viper Glovebox Video

Hi,

#Stay@Home eventually allowed me to post the content of the VHS cassette, that was supplied with the Gen2 Vipers back in the day. Enjoy and stay safe!!

Trivia: they used an RT/10 for demo which was never sold that way: silver with a smooth (Gen 1) hood

PS: Updated this post with the full video and removed the 2 parts I posted earlier (which were not the complete content of the VHS).
    Last edited by My98RT10; 05-17-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Enthusiast
    I had not seen those Videos before, Thanks for posting them up

Quote Originally Posted by My98RT10 View Post
    Hi,

#Stay@Home eventually allowed me to post the content of the VHS cassette, that was supplied with the Gen2 Vipers back in the day. Enjoy and stay safe!!

Trivia: they used an RT/10 for demo which was never sold that way: silver with a smooth (Gen 1) hood

]
    Actually, it was a Gen 2 hood, just without the vents and NACA cutout. That silver 1998 is a one off and probably worth a bunch to a collector
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 99RT10 View Post
    Actually, it was a Gen 2 hood, just without the vents and NACA cutout. That silver 1998 is a one off and probably worth a bunch to a collector
    I see, so is the MY97 RT/10 hood also Gen2? Always thought it is still the Gen1 hood...

Last edited by My98RT10; 04-04-2020 at 12:30 AM.

Enthusiast
    Turns out that I have the same shirt as John Hinckley wears

Last edited by My98RT10; 04-04-2020 at 05:30 AM.

Enthusiast
    You should put that in a Frame (like they do with Sports shirts) with a couple of the pictures you first posted of walking into the factory

Enthusiast
    That is a very good idea Mark! The shirt is actually too big for me

Or maybe I should just drink more beer until it fits...

thanks for sharing! Do you have the other parts?

Enthusiast
    I've still got my VHS tape from when I bought my brand new RT/10 back in 2000.
    I remember seeing the silver/blue stripes GTS featured in the video. To this day, it still remains my favourite colour combo on a Viper.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ddlesk06 View Post
    thanks for sharing! Do you have the other parts?
    Now yes ;-)

I have the tape but I didn’t have a VCR so I want to thank you for posting this helpful video

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver GTS View Post
    I have the tape but I did not have a VCR so I want to thank you for posting this helpful video
    You are welcome! I was in the same situation. Had the tape for years in my basement but no VCR anymore. Eventually I borrowed one from a friend just to learn that it was missing the needed output interfaces needed to transfer it to the PC. I then borrowed an old DVD recorder from my mother which had all kinds of interfaces. So I connected the VCR via SCART RGB to the DVD recorder and this via S-Video out to the video grabber device which then connected via USB to my PC....

At around the 18 minute mark they do a demonstration of the hood opening and closing process. The car used is a 98' GTS in Red with Silver stripes. What's interesting to me about this is that they only made 11 cars that way in 98'. Mine is one of them. Kinda cool to think that might be might car in the video.

Didn't some of the 1996 R/T 10's have the Gen 2 hoods? I also thought they might have had a bump in power to 415hp yet they were still Gen1's.