Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Email sent to NVE4 registered members

Howdy everyone,

As we all know, the U.S. and the world are experiencing an unprecedented period of "social distancing" and, of course, Viper Owners are not immune. The VOA has moved deliberately, carefully, and strategically to balance the needs of the club, its members and the greater community. Rapid developments over the last several days in Federal, State and Local governmental guidance has made a large gathering of people traveling from all our regions impossible for late-April. Because we have been working behind the scenes with an eye toward risk for our members and club for several weeks, we can now present the total picture.

NVE4 in Miami & the Keys, Florida has been rescheduled to next year: April 28 to May 1, 2021

The host hotel and track have agreed to this date change with no cancellation penalties or change fees!
    Some of the smaller venues and activities will be able to provide refunds or carry-over payments to next year as well.

We have made it really easy for you!

• You are already paid up!

• Your space is reserved and not at risk of losing it when registration opens again this fall!

• Your reservation for the Friday Legends dinner has been automatically saved for next year!

• We are working with the hotel to change your reservation dates to next year so you don't have to worry about that!

Other reminders:
    - Don't forget to cancel your caravan lodging reservations,
    - Don't forget to cancel your travel reservations,
    - The airlines are waiving cancellation and/or change fees right now,
    - If your shipping via Passport or any other carrier please let them know you are cancelling.

We are thrilled to be able to present a clean solution to this unprecedented sticky situation with no detrimental impact to the members or the club but if you have any questions about the changes please reach out to your regional president. If you are unable to attend in 2021 please reach out to beth.sewell@driveviper.com.

Going forward our NVE schedule will now be held on odd number years starting with NVE4 in 2021.

We look forward to getting through the current situation and we wish all of you and your families a safe and healthful next several months.

Sincerely,

The Viper Owners Association
    Last edited by Herrsss; 03-18-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Enthusiast
    Well done. You've made the best of a tough situation. Thank you for all your hard work on this!

Enthusiast
    Great job, Beth and team.

Enthusiast
    I think this is the best plan. Now I can extend my diet for another year!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrsss View Post

NVE4 in Miami & the Keys, Florida has been rescheduled to next year: April 28 to May 10, 2021
    New 12 day format?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

[QUOTE=XSnake;405691]New 12 day format?[/QUOTE

Oops sorry about the finger flub - you can't copy paste into your posts so I had to retype the entire email!

Enthusiast
    Well thought out, postponing till next year gives everybody a full year to schedule. After all this is over members will be more than willing to get out and about again!
    Coming from Canada this would have been a problem as they have just announced they are closing the border! Very extreme measures!
    Stay well until next year.

Enthusiast
    So glad to read this.

Wife's employer just instituted a travel ban for all employees until further notice.

Looking forward to 2021

Enthusiast
    Excellent decision and great work in postponing rather than cancelling.

Enthusiast
    Awesome. Thanks for making this decision. I'm sure it was difficult and time consuming. Also that it will continue to be time consuming. I can't imagine the stress it has caused you all. Can't wait for next year.

Enthusiast
    BTW I never got the email. Even checked the spam folder.

Web Site Committee

Quote Originally Posted by XSnake View Post
    New 12 day format?

Got all excited about that! Was like wait a year and gain 8 days of party!

Good call on everyones part. Hard choices, but the right ones.

Enthusiast
    Thanks Beth and the team for all your hard work. Great that it is rescheduled rather than canceled. Maybe there can be some Bucket Lists for later in the year. (Lobster Roll???????) (TOTD????)

Enthusiast
    I too have not received the email. Even checked the spam folder.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by GRNBGON View Post
    I too have not received the email. Even checked the spam folder.
    I got a bounce back when I sent it to your email and when i researched it your email address was input wrong in the registration form so i corrected it and resent it earlier - did you receive it?

Enthusiast

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Great job, Beth and team.
    I appreciate the thought and effort that went into the decision.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxram View Post
    I appreciate the thought and effort that went into the decision.
    Thanks everyone - we really appreciate your kind words and support.

I have not received any bounce backs so let me know if you didn't receive the email and i'll try again.

Nice.. well done

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrsss View Post
    Howdy everyone......
    NVE4 in Miami & the Keys, Florida has been rescheduled to next year: April 28 to May 1, 2021

The host hotel and track have agreed to this date change with no cancellation penalties or change fees!

Genius!

I was in the travel biz for 33 years, so I know this was not a simple accomplishment.

Those intending to re-book individual air and hotel might find difficulty booking more than 364 days out. For several reasons, Computer Rez Systems / Global Rez Systems almost universally cannot look or book past 364 days ahead.
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 03-19-2020 at 02:18 PM.

Great Job to Beth and all the great volunteers . The party will be bigger and better next year. We all appreciate your hard work

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Quote Originally Posted by braunstein82 View Post
    BTW I never got the email. Even checked the spam folder.
    [/QUOTE] I too have not received the email. Even checked the spam folder. GRNBGON [/QUOTE]

Both MAMBA MEMBERS ! [MAMBERS] .... reverse discrimination conspiracy theory....

I cancelled my hotel reservation the day the NVE4 re-schedule email was sent out to everyone. I contacted the Hilton Miami Blue Lagoon today but they said they cannot reserve a room until the beginning of May, 2020. Like Jon B mentioned above it has to be within the one year window.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

I too have not received the email. Even checked the spam folder. GRNBGON [/QUOTE]

Both MAMBA MEMBERS ! [MAMBERS] .... reverse discrimination conspiracy theory....[/QUOTE]

That's old news - all registered members received their emails!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by JimACRe View Post
    I cancelled my hotel reservation the day the NVE4 re-schedule email was sent out to everyone. I contacted the Hilton Miami Blue Lagoon today but they said they cannot reserve a room until the beginning of May, 2020. Like Jon B mentioned above it has to be within the one year window.
    They are building us a new link to use to make your reservations and we'll send it out when it's live. Yep, have to wait until the end of April to make them.

Any confirmation from the Hilton if they will push back our reservations until next year for those who didn't cancel yet? Not trying to rush you guys, but just crossed my mind this afternoon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast