Corona Refund

Will VOA be offering a refund for the NVE4 trip with the Coronavirus threat now? Or will we have to go?

A lot of companies and industries are canceling all events, and Italy completely shut down its economy due to this risk. Seems that a month from now Miami would be a huge risk to make members participate in? Even if one person in the group got it that would be awful.

Thoughts on this?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikingsnake View Post
    Will VOA be offering a refund for the NVE4 trip with the Coronavirus threat now? Or will we have to go?

A lot of companies and industries are canceling all events, and Italy completely shut down its economy due to this risk. Seems that a month from now Miami would be a huge risk to make members participate in? Even if one person in the group got it that would be awful.

Thoughts on this?
    I'm okay if I catch it. I'll recover.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Folks,

It's completely up to the individual as to whether or not they want to travel and the VOA will not tell anyone what to do or not do. This is your personal choice.

As of today (3/12/2020) there is no travel ban in the domestic U.S. and Miami has not shut the city down.

The event is 6 weeks out so let me know if you can predict with 100% accuracy whether the virus is peaking or dissipating and we will review. My crystal ball is foggy right now and I cannot.

That being said, the national officers are examining all facets of the situation but at this moment the event is on!

It looks as if Miami is starting measures to shut down all city events now. Miami-Dade just declared a state of emergency for the city and has cancelled all major events.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/miami-dad...cy-coronavirus

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    My opinion....please stand down on this and other threads on the topic.

The authorities are work through the issues and then the venues can provide guidance on options. Everyone, please take a breath and let the President work thru this without comment. There is a lot of pressure on Beth at all fronts.

Just imagine if this was your event and everyone piled on with opinions that have no impact on what the contracts say, what Hilton/Homestead can to workout, or what the authorities decide.

So, in my opinion, detail your Viper - it looks dirty from here

If you like to talk further, please feel free to give me a ring and a piece of your mind ....

248-705-1245
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Capital Vipers Founding Regional President 2018 - 2021
    Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

Quote Originally Posted by LATAMUD View Post
    I'm okay if I catch it. I'll recover.
    That's probably what the doctor in China thought before he died.....................
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    My opinion....please stand down on this and other threads on the topic.

The authorities are work through the issues and then the venues can provide guidance on options. Everyone, please take a breath and let the President work thru this without comment. There is a lot of pressure on Beth at all fronts.

Just imagine if this was your event and everyone piled on with opinions that have no impact on what the contracts say, what Hilton/Homestead can to workout, or what the authorities decide.

So, in my opinion, detail your Viper - it looks dirty from here

If you like to talk further, please feel free to give me a ring and a piece of your mind ....

248-705-1245
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Capital Vipers Founding Regional President 2018 - 2021
    Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

PAYING members should be able to discuss how they feel without be told to stand down. Under pressure because of member comments or concerns, don’t read the forums.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ACRucrazy View Post
    PAYING members should be able to discuss how they feel without be told to stand down. Under pressure because of member comments or concerns, don’t read the forums.
    I don't think the issue is about standing down. Let's trust the Leadership of this great organization to work through the issues. We have to stay together as this too will pass with the correct pragmatic approach addressing the daily evolving developments.

Good Morning to everyone in the Viperworld, I am a european Viperowner since 1998. Something like that Virusoutbreak never happend before, we are banned from travelling to the USA till April 12th, and if that travelban is raised that day, we will get on a plane and be in Miami.
    What I want to say is that so many people had put so much work into that event, we will be there when we are allowed to be there (even if we have to be tested or whatever)!!!
    If the event is cancelled or postponed by advisory of a authority, we will be there that day.....
    But we have to keep the world go round, to have a future....
    Olli

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ollit View Post
    Good Morning to everyone in the Viperworld, I am a european Viperowner since 1998. Something like that Virusoutbreak never happend before, we are banned from travelling to the USA till April 12th, and if that travelban is raised that day, we will get on a plane and be in Miami.
    What I want to say is that so many people had put so much work into that event, we will be there when we are allowed to be there (even if we have to be tested or whatever)!!!
    If the event is cancelled or postponed by advisory of a authority, we will be there that day.....
    But we have to keep the world go round, to have a future....
    Olli
    I’m in the same situation. Kuwait is completely locked down, no flights in or out. The whole government has shut down for 2 weeks. I’ve been planning to go home for this event ever since it was announced. Flights are booked. I might have to self quarantine for 14 days when I return, I’m fine with that.

Enthusiast
    I heard Homestead Speedway just started doing events again. I live @ MIA & I’m at Homestead a lot.

Also Governor DeSantis said MIA will reopen Mon May 18
    Last edited by HUBBELL RACING; 05-15-2020 at 08:33 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

NVE4 has been rescheduled to April 28 to May 1, 2021!

The hotel has agreed to change the dates of our room block at the same rates as we had for this year and I'm waiting on an updated link to send out for ya'll to make your reservations. They are operating on a skeleton staff and didn't have the capacity to change everyone's prior reservations so they were cancelled. Homestead also agreed to change the dates for our track rental so we're in great shape other than having to wait another year!

We look forward to seeing everyone in Miami and the Keys next spring!

Enthusiast
    Thanks for the update!

Let's hope the love bugs are a bit later next year. We would have been clobbered by them this year.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrsss View Post

The hotel has agreed to change the dates of our room block at the same rates as we had for this year and I'm waiting on an updated link to send out for ya'll to make your reservations. They are operating on a skeleton staff and didn't have the capacity to change everyone's prior reservations so they were cancelled. Homestead also agreed to change the dates for our track rental so we're in great shape other than having to wait another year!

That’s great. LMK what you need help with. I’m a local.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrsss View Post

Just an FYI I just found my link in my junk folder.