Enthusiast

Film Ford v Ferrari Le mans 66

So Come on, Anyone seen it? Matt Damon Christian Bale, I watched it for the first time a couple of days ago. Now I know its not a 100% Accurate, but I still thought it was a hell of a good film. I really enjoyed it

What was your thoughts?

Great film! I agree

Enthusiast
    I Loved it , it seemed more like Ford vs Ford.....lol !
    If you haven’t seen it yet I highly recommend “ The 24 Hour War “ and “Shelby American “
    Funny How Ford was First to adopt Rear Engine Car before Ferrari....
    Last edited by J TNT; 03-02-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Enthusiast
    We had a regional event where we went to the movie and then to dinner. The movie was very good.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsGood View Post
    We had a regional event where we went to the movie and then to dinner. The movie was very good.
    Now that sounds like a great idea.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by J TNT View Post
    I Loved it , it seemed more like Ford vs Ford.....lol !
    If you haven’t seen it yet I highly recommend “ The 24 Hour War “ and “Shelby American “
    Funny How Ford was First to adopt Rear Engine Car before Ferrari....
    My wife and I saw the movie and thought it was excellent. We also watched the two film/documentaries on Netflix. I came away with a whole new appreciation for Carrol Shelby. I had always thought of him as a self promoter. He was actually a very accomplished racer, until heart issues ended his career. He also put alot on the line personally to help out Ford with their race program.

Great flick, I thought Christian Bale was great, as was the whole case. Had a real "Mad Men" fee to it as well!

We watched it as a family, and even the 'non-car' types enjoyed the movie. I did watch the documentary things on Netflix / Amazon prior, so I knew a bit more going in. I rarely watch a movie twice, but this one might be an exception. A previous comment said it well ... The Ford vs Ford element was as interesting as the Ford vs Ferrari dynamic.

Enthusiast
    I saw it at the theatre with my nephew and we both enjoyed it!
    Plan to buy the DVD when it comes out...

Enthusiast
    Great movie, I saw it twice. RUSH is my other favorite race movie re 1976 F1 World Championship fuel between Lauda & Hunt

Enthusiast
    I found the movie pretty great, too. Also, I read the book on which the movie is based afterwards, great read and you get to see where the movie was not so accurate.

Great, thank you for reminding me of that movie. I couldn't go to the theater to see that movie. Now there's a lot of work to do and I forgot. I will definitely see it today!

Great movie

Enthusiast
    I have just got the DVD and enjoyed a Le mans "Double" evening with "Le mans 66" followed by the Steve Mcqueen "Le mans" movie.
    Several beers were also consumed while watching

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    I have just got the DVD and enjoyed a Le mans "Double" evening with "Le mans 66" followed by the Steve Mcqueen "Le mans" movie.
    Several beers were also consumed while watching
    Well done, you combined the pleasant with the useful

Just watched. Spoiler alert: totally thought Ford won the race.

Funny to see Enzo call American cars ugly since nowadays American supercars look so European

Beautiful work, acting the main characters at a height.

Enthusiast
    Loved the movie.
    I really liked the part where they kept the Italian language with subtitles in the Ferrari factory.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Policy Limits View Post
    Just watched. Spoiler alert: totally thought Ford won the race.

Funny to see Enzo call American cars ugly since nowadays American supercars look so European
    Ford did win the race...lol

Enthusiast
    Good movie but to much CGI

I really enjoyed the movie. The story reveals the era of the 60's, chic jazz music and the classic of European machine building. This movie has everything from witty jokes to deep thoughts.
    The movie will be interesting not only to fans of cars and speed. We watched it with my wife and she liked it too