Enthusiast

X Brace Discoloration

Hi All,
    My recently purchased '13 Launch Edition has some discoloration on the X-brace as seen in the photo. Has anyone else come across this issue and does anyone have a recommendation for how to address it?
    Thank you!!!
    Xbrace.jpg

Enthusiast
    Had same issue with my
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast
    That's definitely one way to fix it!!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUVENM View Post
    Hi All,
    My recently purchased '13 Launch Edition has some discoloration on the X-brace as seen in the photo. Has anyone else come across this issue and does anyone have a recommendation for how to address it?
    Thank you!!!
    Xbrace.jpg
    i believe the hood insulation is rubbing against the X-brace and causing this.

Enthusiast
    I dont know for sure Bill, but I sure doubt it, at least on mine. Mine had the discolored spots at the ends near the attachment area.
    Troy

Enthusiast
    Gotcha, Mine did a similar looking thing as OP and it looked like rubbing. If your is doing it near the ends that's very different.

Also have this rubbing. Haven't really took the insulation off to see how I can secure it better.

Enthusiast
    I was wondering if I could use a wheel polish on it. Also wondering if I could wrap it with a 3M Carbon Fiber wrap or would it be too hot under hood for that.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUVENM View Post
    I was wondering if I could use a wheel polish on it. Also wondering if I could wrap it with a 3M Carbon Fiber wrap or would it be too hot under hood for that.
    I think its only paint on the stock X-brace so be careful with the wheel polish. Lots of people have painted them with good success as far as wrap goes sounds like a good idea other than the heat thing. Keep us posted on your results.

Enthusiast
    I would suggest getting a big syringe and you can shoot some adhesive under the hood pad to resecure it. No special paint on the cross brace. Wraps are easy and readily changeable if one changes their mind.

Enthusiast
    I had similar marks on mine. I understand the hood liner can rub if they did not adhere to the glue pad between the hood and the liner. I put a round felt pad(Furniture leg pads) on the hood liner. It seems to now be affixed to the glue pad after driving around all last summer.