Enthusiast

Corsa Catback Sheared Bolt

Anybody ever had this happen to their catback? I had a Corsa setup put on my 97 GTS a couple years ago. I had the car up on the lift detailing and this is what I saw. Doubt it would be much of an issue because there are two hanger mounts but I had been hearing a rattle coming from rear end. Hopefully this is the source of the rattling noise. Anyway, Corsa was really great to deal with. I sent them this picture and my purchase invoice and they are sending a new catback to my tuner. Does anybody have a good solution to the sheet metal screws holding the side sills on? Several have fallen out since the original install and I somehow managed not to puncture a tire. I don't want to rivet them and I'd like to keep the car as stock as possible. The only mods I ever plan on doing are exhaust and I kept all of the original parts.

Try Rivit Nuts. Or if you don't plan to R&R the sills much, drill out for regular rivets.

Enthusiast
    Rivet nuts work great! I used 10/32 rivet nuts and a 19/64th drill bit.

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    Gotta LOVE that Corsa Lifetime Warrantee!

Just take an OE sill screw into any nut-bolt-fastener store, and buy the stainless equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorMD97 View Post
    Anybody ever had this happen to their catback? I had a Corsa setup put on my 97 GTS a couple years ago. I had the car up on the lift detailing and this is what I saw. Doubt it would be much of an issue because there are two hanger mounts but I had been hearing a rattle coming from rear end. Hopefully this is the source of the rattling noise. Anyway, Corsa was really great to deal with. I sent them this picture and my purchase invoice and they are sending a new catback to my tuner.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post

Just take an OE sill screw into any nut-bolt-fastener store, and buy the stainless equivalent so it can fall out later down the road...

Quote Originally Posted by ICPREY View Post
    and puncture your tire.