Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

This is just sad and pathetic

I was doing the annual check on miles driven last year with insurance.

I drove the ACR-E only 300 miles.......

I don't deserve one anymore. I think my ACR-X got more miles and I've only had it a short while.

You got me beat, more miles than me last year
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Enthusiast
    I think I did maybe 1,500 last year. With a total of 21k miles Ive done a lot of driving but 18k of that occurred in the first 3 years of ownership. The last two years have been too busy

Enthusiast
    Hey Carl, crazy!! "their too pretty to track." S&P is up over 20% YTD, you got frozen cash sitting in that garage.

5-6 years ago I smogged my G1, in 2 years I had driven it 14 miles and 4-6 miles were the round trips to the smog shop.

Take care, heading to a private event at Willow Friday

Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Hey Carl, crazy!! "their too pretty to track." S&P is up over 20% YTD, you got frozen cash sitting in that garage.

5-6 years ago I smogged my G1, in 2 years I had driven it 14 miles and 4-6 miles were the round trips to the smog shop.

What is ............. smogged?

09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Enthusiast
    HaHa Mike, smog your car, highest priced gas in the nation, the list goes on!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post

Ranchita is a smog free area!

Enthusiast
    Come on Carl!! I’ve done 600 miles since I bought mine less then a month ago!

I think I did about the same if not a little less last year

I've had mine for about 6 weeks, already put around 800 miles on it, so much fun to drive!

Enthusiast
    4,100 miles of smiles and one set of Toyo R888r tires for me. These cars are just too much fun to drive to allow them to become garage ornaments.

Put about 900 miles on - between no time, winter, and bad weather. Currently hasn't been out of the garage in 2 months. While temps are supposed to be mild this weekend - forecast is for heavy rain - so it sits.

Enthusiast
    A Well distinguished Top level automotive Engineer once mentioned to me , “Sports cars are one of the most under utilized vehicles produced......”
    That’s were Club events help mitigate the issue.......lol !
    Enjoy your Rides !

This is #7 of 8 Vipers I've owned. I would say I've typically been a 2500 mi/year kind of guy. This one is the most awesome of the ones I've owned and sold in terms of the sheer presence it commands. Not that the others went unnoticed. I hesitate to take it on long trips due to the stupid traffic on all roads leading north and the lack of road repairs. I cringe at some of the potholes I hit in my 2500 Ram. I bought it two years ago to have as a track car. A few months later bought the 18" Forgelines and pondered changing the brakes but did add some of the safety gear and belts. The Forgelines remain in the original shipping boxes stacked in the garage. Instead of tracking it, I bought a Panoz racecar. I've sold that and now am on #3 racecar trying to match the speed of set up Gen 5 which I think I'm in that arena. So I sit on the ACR-E, rims in hand and the chances of taking it to the track are even more diminished.

First world problems are a bitch aren't they?

My new years resolution is to get it out more.

Drove my 2017 Viper 12 miles this year[ total miles 170 last three years]. Appx.$ 30.00 a mile for taxes& insurance, and does not include the loss of income the $ 120,000.00 purchase price could have produced ! Not too smart on my part !!!!!!

Enthusiast
    I only did 577 this year, my age is starting to show.

I enjoy owning it, just don't enjoy driving it that much...it's my 7th....
    2017 GTS-R purchased 8/2017. 925 miles.

Enthusiast
    You guys are killing me. I put almost 1800 track miles on mine this year.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by catwood View Post
    I was doing the annual check on miles driven last year with insurance.

I drove the ACR-E only 300 miles.......

I don't deserve one anymore. I think my ACR-X got more miles and I've only had it a short while.

Its quite possible I got you beat. No comment Paul..... I definitely deserve one.

Enthusiast
    Oh dear.......Chop Chop

IMG_20191014_161638.jpg

I sold one of my other sports cars so I could drive the '16 Viper as much as I can. 3000+ miles since purchased in April and loving every moment. Now it is a balance between the Backdraft Cobra and the Viper. Both are great fun and should get roughly 8000 miles combined each year. Drove the wheels off my '98 GTS and sold that car for exactly what I paid for it. Don't let them sit fellas...

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperJon View Post
    I enjoy owning it, just don't enjoy driving it that much...it's my 7th....
    2017 GTS-R purchased 8/2017. 925 miles.
    man I love that color combo

Enthusiast
    Heck, I put 1500 miles on my ACR-E in the first week. I needed to break it in so I could hit the track. I now have 20,000 miles on her.

Bruce H.
    How do you guys that only do a couple of hundred miles a year justify keeping them...and what fun vehicles are you preferring to drive instead?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    You guys are killing me. I put almost 1800 track miles on mine this year.
    atta boy!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H. View Post
    How do you guys that only do a couple of hundred miles a year justify keeping them...and what fun vehicles are you preferring to drive instead?
    convertible Priuses? +1 why own it? If you're salvaging value I guess... but why buy it and drive it so little and choose to keep it? I guess at least we have low mileage cars to choose from down the road..
    Last edited by ACR-ISH; 12-12-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast