Enthusiast

ACR X brake ducts and racing mods

I'm adding the ACR-X ducting to a 2008 Coupe, will be cutting the lower lip of the bumper cover and adding a splitter. Do the stock Viper duct holes get plugged? If so can I just cover with a flat plate? I heard the stock ducts cause the front to lift. Yes, I own an X but not home to look at it, and haven't owned it long enough to memorize all the differences on it.

Enthusiast
    You will remove the stock ducting and have to purchase the X ducting that mounts to the splitter. You will also need the ducting on the caliper.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by XSnake View Post
    You will remove the stock ducting and have to purchase the X ducting that mounts to the splitter. You will also need the ducting on the caliper.
    Understood, I have all that. Do the stock Viper duct holes get plugged? Under the bumper cover, where the stock ducts go, there are holes, where air can pass into the bumper. Does the X have these holes plugged, or does it rely on the rear edge of the splitter to seal against the fender apron?

These holes are what the stock ducts slip over. On your X, can you reach through them or are they plugged?
    E5E2831D-E68D-4C8E-B353-6643A133AC3D.jpg
    Attachment 40759

Also, anyone looking to do the X brake duct mod, the bump stops on the steering shaft need to be widened to reduce the risk of the tire rubbing the hose. I found 1-3/4 ID split collars at 1/2” wide and added then inboard of the stock stops. This nets a loss of 1/4 turn of the steering wheel per side. A reduction of turning radius.
    Last edited by LATAMUD; 11-25-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Enthusiast
    If anyone near an X is reading this, can someone please confirm/deny are these ports plugged?
    2 plug or not 2 plug.jpg

Took a note from Tom Francis on the closeout panel. It gets hot in Kuwait.
    closeout.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LATAMUD; 11-29-2019 at 11:15 PM.

Enthusiast
    Track day this Wednesday. I had this made at a local shop. Not easy to come by in Kuwait.
    IMG-20191207-WA0002.jpg

No they are not removed

DSCN0732.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1of1TA1.0 View Post
    No they are not removed
    THANK YOU!

Enthusiast
    It’s Carbon fiber over fiberglass copy of an ACR splitter, a little heavier than the full cf piece. For $600 I’m not complaining.

6622B1A6-68AD-4010-B4BF-416C67AD6C0D.jpg

Looks pretty good actually!