Enthusiast

Question Bay Area Noise Abatement

Has anyone in the Greater Bay Area have any issues with loud exhaust system(s) on thier Viper? I have high-flow Corsas that sound amazing; however, I currently live within a few blocks of CHP's HQ. I try to keep my Gen 2 as quite as possible to be courteous of my neighbors and also until I've left the area to minimize complaints.

My understanding is that for '19 (California Vehicle Code

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    G2 Corsa Cat-back (rear exhaust) has sold many hundreds in CA and other States.

I dont know of ANY law-violations, but some neighborhood assn busy-bodies might complain. REV AS YOU GO BYE

There were TWO systems, 2.5" and 3.0" ...... the latter is louder, but not unlawfully so.
    Did you get a receipt / Part # for Corsa when you bought car?

Even at noise-sensitive Laguna Seca, most track rats can track with G 2 Corsa.
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 10-19-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Enthusiast
    Seems like the post got cut off or something.

My understanding is that there was Assembly Bill 1824 that was passed and in effect on Jan 2019 as now updated California Vehicle Code 27150 – 27153 (2019). My main concern is that in lieu of a fix-it ticket, it is now a straight-up fine.

From what I understand, the way CHP tests it for compliance (95 dbA) is at idle. However, there doesn't seem to be a standard testing method other than "steady-state conditions" based on SAE J1169_200707 & J1492_200810 (former being cancelled?)

Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    There were TWO systems, 2.5" and 3.0" ...... the latter is louder, but not unlawfully so.
    Did you get a receipt / Part # for Corsa when you bought car?
    @JonB, yep. 3" CORSA, parts # 14122 & 14119. From the inside, she sounds amazing! Especially at deceleration.
    Last edited by Voros_Siklo; 10-20-2019 at 09:51 AM. Reason: more typos and cut-off responses