Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NVE4 Agenda

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPete View Post
    Do you know if the insurance is any cheaper than usual? Are they giving us a break?
    Insurance looks to be the same cost as normal. Unless there is a way to get a discounted rate that I am not aware of?

Enthusiast
    Will there be fuel at the track or do we need to bring our fuel cans?

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by BSLSK View Post
    Insurance looks to be the same cost as normal. Unless there is a way to get a discounted rate that I am not aware of?
    Hagerty's link is posted on the agenda page of www.driveviper.com/nve4 to check out their rates.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by MoparJohn View Post
    Will there be fuel at the track or do we need to bring our fuel cans?
    Race gas will be available between 8 and 9 a.m. and 12 to 1 p.m. but there is a regular gas station about 5 minutes down the street.
    Last edited by Herrsss; 03-23-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Enthusiast
    I need to call Passport to get an estimate to determine transport cost to see if I can still go or not.

I see an (866)582-3185 and a (417)532-5600 as possible phone numbers for Passport. Does either matter or who I talk to matter or is there a certain NVE4 code to use?

Thanks

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by OTHER SNAKE OWNER View Post
    I need to call Passport to get an estimate to determine transport cost to see if I can still go or not.

I see an (866)582-3185 and a (417)532-5600 as possible phone numbers for Passport. Does either matter or who I talk to matter or is there a certain NVE4 code to use?

Thanks
    Call Ed Watts at 417-588-4921 for assistance with transport to Miami for NVE4

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrsss View Post
    Will do. Thank you for the reply!

Enthusiast
    Beth, I have another question for you if you don't mind please? I'm curious at to what/where the road course is for Homestead. I have attached a sat pic from Google. Is it the infield track or the track near the upper left corner? Thank you!
    Homestead.jpg

Here's the track layout on the NVE4 FAQ page.
    faq-2.jpg

Enthusiast
    Thanks for posting I guess I could've looked there.

Enthusiast
    Beth, is there any chance you could give time allotment estimates for the days/events?

Wednesday 4/28/21
    Drive your car to the Jungle Queen docks/Jungle Queen isle: leave hotel/depart time to go back to the hotel?

Thursday 4/29/21
    Depart the hotel and drive south all the way to Key West: leave hotel/depart time to go back to the hotel?
    Texas style business meeting: start time/end time?

Specific to the Thursday night meeting: what is a Texas style business meeting?

Friday 4/30/21
    Group A goes to Homestead International Raceway for a day: leave hotel/depart time to go back to the hotel?
    Group B jumps on double decker tour buses to check out the Wynwood Walls area of Miami: leave the hotel/time allotment at the Clevelander/depart time to go back to the hotel?

Specific questions regarding the Clevelander: do we have full access to the property? Things such as restrooms, beach chairs, towels, etc

Saturday 5/1/21
    Reverse of Friday

Closing gala start time?

Thank you! (sorry the wife is grilling me with these questions lol)

PS - and yes I did check the FAQ for this and found nothing helpful in regards to time allotments for events/activities and at the venues and such

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida
    I hope I am not stepping on toes here with the info. I was not involved in the planning of the event. However, being local to the area, I can give you some basic idea of drive/lead times.

Quote Originally Posted by OTHER SNAKE OWNER View Post
    Wednesday 4/28/21
    Drive your car to the Jungle Queen docks/Jungle Queen isle: leave hotel/depart time to go back to the hotel?
    Assume about an hour depending on route and "sightseeing". What I mean is that, if you stick to highways and go the direct route, your are looking at an hour for the drive. Time of day will be an issue as well since there can be some traffic to deal with for the afternoon drive. (up or back, depending on what group you are in). If you go the scenic route, it can add 30 minutes to an hour depending on the route.

Thursday 4/29/21
    Depart the hotel and drive south all the way to Key West: leave hotel/depart time to go back to the hotel?
    The drive to Key West is going to run about 3-1/2 hours from the Hilton. It's not so much the distance as the route in and out of the Keys is two lanes and they are not highway speed limits. It is an absolutely beautiful drive though and well worth taking the time.

Texas style business meeting: start time/end time?

Specific to the Thursday night meeting: what is a Texas style business meeting?
    I'll leave that to the organizers to answer. I'm curious too, but I assume relaxed. I don't own boots though... :-)

Friday 4/30/21
    Group A goes to Homestead International Raceway for a day: leave hotel/depart time to go back to the hotel?
    Group B jumps on double decker tour buses to check out the Wynwood Walls area of Miami: leave the hotel/time allotment at the Clevelander/depart time to go back to the hotel?

Specific questions regarding the Clevelander: do we have full access to the property? Things such as restrooms, beach chairs, towels, etc
    So the trip to Homestead Miami Speedway is typically a 45 minute drive. This is a highway drive. In fact, the first portion of the drive will be identical to the drive down to Key West since we pass right by the HMS on the way to the entrance to the Florida Keys.

As for the sightseeing tour of Little Havana and Wynwood, that's hard to gauge for you since it all depends on route and what that includes. Little Havana and Wynwood are close to each other but not adjacent. Little Havana is close to the Hotel however, so getting there is not a huge issue. In the end, I'll leave it at "it depends".

As for the Clevelander, I'll leave that to someone to answer.
    Luis V.
    Miami, Florida
    2002 Dodge Viper GTS - FE #298 & 2013 Dodge Viper GTS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Luis - thanks for answering the questions!

Texas Business Meeting question . . . Texas is well known for gathering together to shoot the shit, drink adult beverages and smoke cigars! This one will be around the Hilton's pool so you can chill or swim - your choice! We'll also have snackie type foods to pair with your beverages (cash bars will be open)!

Little Havana and Wynwood tour - the bus company has allocated about 45 minutes for that and then journey on to the Clevelander Hotel. We have access to the hotel's public areas (obviously not rooms) including restrooms, lounge chairs & towels by the pool etc. The beach is public and the hotel does not have any chairs but there are private ones available for rent.
    Last edited by Herrsss; 04-13-2021 at 10:13 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

We emailed out the pre-event track guide but we're also attaching it here for your review!

Track pre-arrival guide.pdf

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida
    Luis - thanks for answering the questions!

Texas Business Meeting question . . . Texas is well known for gathering together to shoot the shit, drink adult beverages and smoke cigars! This one will be around the Hilton's pool so you can chill or swim - your choice! We'll also have snackie type foods to pair with your beverages (cash bars will be open)!

Little Havana and Wynwood tour - the bus company has allocated about 45 minutes for that and then journey on to the Clevelander Hotel. We have access to the hotel's public areas (obviously not rooms) including restrooms, lounge chairs & towels by the pool etc. The beach is public and the hotel does not have any chairs but there are private ones available for rent.
    Simply awesome! So Texans and Miami Cubans are the same, we get together, have some drinks and smoke cigars! Works for me! I'll be sure to bring a few sticks!

Looking forward to a great week!

Any idea on how many cars are coming down?
    Last edited by Luisv; 04-13-2021 at 03:12 PM.
    Luis V.
    Miami, Florida
    2002 Dodge Viper GTS - FE #298 & 2013 Dodge Viper GTS

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Luisv View Post
    Simply awesome! So Texans and Miami Cubans are the same, we get together, have some drinks and smoke cigars! Works for me! I'll be sure to bring a few sticks!

Looking forward to a great week!

Any idea on how many cars are coming down?
    looking like about 200ish !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12