Enthusiast

Would love to find original owner

Edit: Maybe this isn't coming off the way I intended, but I'm not upset or disgruntled. Quite the opposite! I want to ask questions, learn history, maybe hear some stories, maybe purchase anything like parts or documents that were found after the original owner let the car go.

I’m looking for the original owner of my 1996 GTS, VIN: 1B3ER69E0TV200415.

It was sold new on 11/26/1996 at Clarke Dodge (Clarke Auto) in Mentor, OH which I believe has been succeeded by Ganley Village Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram FIAT as it appears that Clarke is no longer in business. It was sold new as a corporate vehicle and later purchased privately in 2008 by the original owner from his/her corporation, through which he/she had purchased the car new, or so I was told.

It was serviced at Leikin Motors in Willoughby, OH and Junction Dodge (Junction Auto Sales) in Chardon, OH.

It was finally traded in at Leikin Motors in Willoughby, OH, specifically Leikin Mercedes-Benz in 2015. I was told that the owner traded the car in towards a new S Class. I purchased the car in August of 2015 from Leikin with about 7,600 miles on it.

I’m quite late asking for help with this search, as I’ve owned the car now for four years. But I haven’t had any luck with Leikin and the trail has gone cold. I’m hoping that this information triggers a memory and I can be put in touch with the original owner. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vpr898; 09-27-2019 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Content

You trying to sue him/her for something?
    Last edited by MH60M; 09-27-2019 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Gender Neutral :)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MH60M View Post
    You trying to sue him/her for something?
    Haha, for what?? No way, not at all

I have a few questions about the car that I'd love to have answered, and the original owner's the only person who could I'm afraid. And aside form that, some more info. I know the original owner of my Gen V pretty well and have been surprised by the stories, pictures, and documents he's been able to provide. That's all I'm hoping for.
    Last edited by Vpr898; 09-27-2019 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Content

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks
    The car was farted in. Anything else?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    The car was farted in. Anything else?
    Whew, now I can sleep tonight

Enthusiast
    I am assuming the dealer wouldn't give you the Owner? I was fortunate to have all (2) previous owners titles when I got mine and I was able to talk to the original owner in Maine.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by daveg View Post
    I am assuming the dealer wouldn't give you the Owner? I was fortunate to have all (2) previous owners titles when I got mine and I was able to talk to the original owner in Maine.
    daveg gets it. That's cool!

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vpr898 View Post
    Whew, now I can sleep tonight
    Cool. Let someone else drive the car while you dream.

Message sent.

Enthusiast
    It's great to have a full history and touch base with previous owners. I got the original window sticker and purchase agreement along with invoices and the original radio/CD player by contacting the 2nd owner in Jersey (channel Islands, not NJ). He was going to throw them away.

I would love to find the original owner of my car (gen 3 first edition No146) when it was bought new in California. I have his name (Brandon D vance, but no luck yet)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicbloo View Post
    It's great to have a full history and touch base with previous owners. I got the original window sticker and purchase agreement along with invoices and the original radio/CD player by contacting the 2nd owner in Jersey (channel Islands, not NJ). He was going to throw them away.

I would love to find the original owner of my car (gen 3 first edition No146) when it was bought new in California. I have his name (Brandon D vance, but no luck yet)
    You won't find him. He had dirt on the Clintons.

Enthusiast
    When I sell my Vehicles (Cars, Motorcycles, Motorhome, etc) thru a middle man. I always instruct them to pass along on all the documents I gave with the car and to also make sure the new owner can contact me for any other reasons.
    I have made some very good friends by doing this.
    When I sold my 2001 RT10 in 2016, I never heard from the new owner. Wished I had.
    Also, when I buy a previously owned vehicle, I try to get as much info and history as I can. This helps me appreciate and enjoy the Vehicle better. I can also pass this along also.
    And again, I have made some very good friends in this process.
    Mind you, I know that some do not want this kind of contact and I understand and respect their privacy.
    I read all the time in this (and other) forums about car values going up. Let's not miss that some of the value and higher resale prices go to Vehicles with provenance.
    I wish this owner all the best in trying to locate the prior owner.
    BLRD

Enthusiast
    Could be difficult at this point because for some reason the Chrysler Database often changes the original owner information. This started 2-4 years ago, and seems somewhat tied to service, but I have often checked on Vin numbers only to find the original owner is the current owner , or just the most recent. A Dealer can not give out the original owner's name , anyway, without an okay from said individual , and if that person has moved or changed phone numbers , then the trail goes cold. I have tried , in a few instances to call an owner ( if it appears correct ) to ask them if they would give me permission to have someone contact them, only to find a wrong phone, or a different person answering. Usually it is better to see if the original owner can call the current owner, but at this stage it is often just too many years ago and adjustments in the system have ghosted the first buyer.