Gen 3 front upper control arm bushing

SEEMS AS THOUGH NO ONES SELLS JUST THE FRONT UPPER CONTROL ARM BUSHING. NOT DODGE NOT ENERGY NO ONE.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY OR WHERE THAT PART WOULD BE LOCATED ON THE INTER-WEBS.

FYI: I AM REPLACING THE RIGHT SIDE DUE TO AN IDIOT 19 YR OLD BACKED UP INTO ME IN A PARKING LOT. INSURANCE CLAIM.

ME WANTING EVERYTHING TO BE ON THE SAME WEAR CYCLE I AM REPLACING THE BUSHINGS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE WRECK. BUT ONLY ON THE LOWER AS NONE ARE OFFERED FOR THE UPPER.

I WAS LOOKING INTO UPGRADING THE FRONT WITH SPT/EMI Monoball BUT WOULD RATHER SPEND MY MONEY ON OTHER THINGS AT THIS POINT. (http://www.specialtyperformanceteam....MI-124p134.htm)

CARS BEEN IN SHOP FOR 3MONTHS AT THIS POINT AND IM KINDA OVER IT.

AS WELL I SEARCH THE SITE AND FOUND NOTHING ON THIS SUBJECT.

Enthusiast
    You can buy a lightly used arm on eBay that will have a good bushing.

Enthusiast

I HAVE LOOKED ALL AROUND. i EVEN TALKED WITH NORMANDIN DODGE VIPER HERE IN THE BAY AND THEY HAD NOTHING TO SAY EXCEPT FOR PURCHASE A NEW UPPER CONTROL ARM. SEEMS RIDICULOUS.

AS WELL ENERGY SUSPENSION COULD NOT CONFIRM THAT A GEN 2 WOULD FIT.

AS I CAN TELL THE ARMS BETWEEN GEN 2 AND GEN 3 ARE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT AS THE GEN 2 HAS A LONG BAR THAT GETS PRESSED BETWEEN AND THROUGH THE 2 PIVOTING POINTS AND GEN 3 HAS 2 INDEPENDENT PIVOT POINTS.

I CAN ALMOST SAY GEN 2 WONT WORK.

WHEN I GET THE CAR BACK FROM THE SHOP I WILL HAVE THE OLD PARTS TO COMPARE AND THINK I WILL PROBABLY JUST PURCHASE SOME UNIVERSAL ENERGY BUSHING AND MACHINE THEM DOWN TO SIZE IN MY MACHINE SHOP.

OR ASK SPECIALTY PERFORMANCE FOR THE MONO BALLS AND MACHINE MYSELF. (WHEN TIME ALLOWS)

I HATE SPENDING MONEY ON ELEMENTARY MACHINING IF I CAN JUST DO IT MYSELF. IM FULLY OUT FITTED.

SOOOOOOO.......

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT I REALLY APPRECIATE IT

Enthusiast
    gen2 front upper will not work, they use the old style link bar, i will check tonight, but a energy kit fot the front of a gen3, should be the same as the rear of a gen2.

no one makes individual rear upper gen2 bushings, nor front upper gen3 bushings.
    if you order from rockauto you will get the gen1 huge bushings that are no where near fitting

Energy suspension only offers up to gen 2 viper and nothing after that.

Also i was looking at viper parts usa and they offer a control arm pivot box (weld on-for when you bend the tab ears) and it states they are all the same and fit 97-17' ?????? I don't understand

normandin dodge here in the bay suggested that possibly the uppers and the lowers were manufactured by 2 different companies and one does not offer up a replacement bushing. I'm not so sure about that idea but i guess i could be sold that bill of goods.

One thing is for sure i cant be the only guy that has run into this. I cant imagine that every other person has just bit the bullet and said "sure, i need bushings, but give me the whole upper control arm for like 15x the price"

either that or everyone converted to monballs and the guy that does those is supposedly a ghost now.

I think when all the parts come in i will start to work on a monoball replacement and see if there is some oversized monoball applications like chev/ford that i can retro fit the control arms to. This only works cause i will have the old parts as a template.

Enthusiast
    ok, lower control arm bushings are 1996-2017 fit front & rear same

upper rear bushings are 1996-2017

i believe the front upper bushings are the same as the rear, i would check tonight, but if you are 100% sure a company like energy who advertised them the first couple years as 1992-2002 (totally incorrect) fit, then i wont check, but they really have no clue, they dont work on vipers.
    Last edited by RyanLS.GEN2; 09-11-2019 at 09:20 AM.

They very well could be the same ie: gen 2 lower rear control arm bushings=gen 3 upper control arm bushings. Well I called the Viper guy at Normindin Dodge here in the Bay area and said that Dodge doesnt have the gen 2 lowers either leading him to think they were the same as well. So far I have found nothing.
    Last edited by SHREDSHED; 09-24-2019 at 08:53 PM.

(You can buy a lightly used arm on eBay that will have a good bushing. )

I did that. The bushings were dry rotted. In fact the new lower I purchased from the dealer had dry rotted bushings as well. They are sending out new lower bushings since they have those. I talked with a guy that was involved in the Viper program and he told me this had been a problem ever since the beginning due to the fact the manufacture spec used a blended synthetic that deteriorated over time with out use just sitting on the shelf in a bag in a box with out UV light.
    Last edited by SHREDSHED; 09-24-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Enthusiast
    I Think one of your biggest issues is you keep trying places that do not specifically work with vipers, most dealers never touch them, only a few constantly do and alot of times they still dont know the parts break down.

lower bushings are the same 1996-2017 and they are not the same as upper bushings
    i dont think you actaully read what i posted, but a rear energy kit for a gen2 should fit front or rear on a gen3

and this is the gen2 lower bushing part # your dealer couldnt find. https://www.viperpartsrackamerica.co...shing-04848050

So i'm running into the same issue, i'm looking to replace all the bushings (they look pretty worn and dry rotted) but i can't find anyone that sells the uppers. Does anyone have any recommendations where to purchase the remaining ones? Poly would be nice but i'm not having any luck.

IPSCO said they could make a Delrin set if he had spare control arms to work with. I have a good upper and lower front. We could go into a couple of full four corner sets.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SHREDSHED View Post
    IPSCO said they could make a Delrin set if he had spare control arms to work with. I have a good upper and lower front. We could go into a couple of full four corner sets.
    I'm in. I was looking into making my own Delrin bushing a few years ago but I just don't have the time.

I would buy a whole set ��

Enthusiast
    Count me in for a full set... providing they're not stupid money.
    They'll need shipping to the UK though.

I'm working with the vendor to make a run. I'm thinking a run run of 1 dozen sets. My email is jason@dmiguitarlabs.com feel free to send me a message.

Viper 10 Shipping any were around the world is easy for me. I have a distribution center located here in the Silicon Valley. I would be happy to send them to you.