Enthusiast

Anyone else here from NH

Hello everyone! This past weekend I fulfilled one of my dreams since I was a little kid and became a Viper owner! I would love to know if there are any other Viper owners in the general New England area that are active on these forums and have more experience than me! I'm beyond excited to officially own the best car ever made and become a part of the community! Any helpful tidbits of information are greatly appreciated!

One problem I have encountered is the pedal adjustment knob under the steering wheel seems totally and completely jammed. It will not budge one way or the other and I have tried valiantly. I measure up at a towering 5'5" and I have to tiptoe to fully depress the clutch with the seat all the way forward and I didn't know if this was a common issue among shorter owners?

Here are some pictures of my 1999 ACR!

UZOCa8s.jpg
    jssSrqv.jpg
    b52ocXd.jpg
    Last edited by brehio; 08-05-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Enthusiast
    Sweet ride!

There's a New England chapter of the VOA, so I don't think you'll have any issues making some new friends. Don't forget to join the VOA and you'll be able to choose their region during the registration process.

Enthusiast
    Thanks! and I just registered!

Enthusiast
    hello! not from NH but we do have a facebook group as well, New England Viper Owners Association, might be more active there than here. I think there are some from there.

Wow, you may be the only one!

Enthusiast
    I am on Cape Cod and a member of the New England VOA Group. Several events planned every year throughout New England. We had a Pig Roast at my house this Spring. 55 people attended from the New England Group. Great bunch of people. I never encountered your issue with the adjuster.

Welcome aboard. Great looking ACR.

Enthusiast
    I am part of the NEVOA and have the same 99 ACR. You bought this from Jameson in CT? Welcome to the club and can't wait to see you at some upcoming events. Also, we have a NEVOA FB page, so hop on there.

Enthusiast
    Thanks for all the responses I will make sure to join the FB page! Can't wait to meet everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I did buy it from Jameson

Enthusiast
    NEVOA does allot of cool events as Paul indicated. Paul's Pig Roast was great (just don't ask him for the "special beer" and you will remain friends with him) as well as the Lobsta roll event.
    Lots of cool events coming up as well.

Congratulations, Great looking car!

It's always exciting to see someone genuinely stoked to get a Viper. Best of luck with it! You're welcome to visit NY/CT VOA events also if any strike your fancy or you just want an excuse for a long drive :-)

Enthusiast
    Welcome. Love the silver/blue Vipers. I live in southern Maine but ran into a guy in Bedford, NH one day this spring with a Blue/Silver Gen 2 GTS. They are around. You can search for info about the pedal adjustment mechanism. Fairly easy to get to the actual guts of it and from there you can remove individual cables to customize the settings for each pedal. You may be able to sort out what's wrong just getting that far into it. Not difficult at all. Where in NH do you reside? I grew up in Dover and its a beautiful state and full of great roads to enjoy that car. Steve

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Racngrn View Post
    Welcome. Love the silver/blue Vipers. I live in southern Maine but ran into a guy in Bedford, NH one day this spring with a Blue/Silver Gen 2 GTS. They are around. You can search for info about the pedal adjustment mechanism. Fairly easy to get to the actual guts of it and from there you can remove individual cables to customize the settings for each pedal. You may be able to sort out what's wrong just getting that far into it. Not difficult at all. Where in NH do you reside? I grew up in Dover and its a beautiful state and full of great roads to enjoy that car. Steve
    I'm from a small town called Hopkinton, not many people have heard of it. I live on the Concord line though, so basically Concord. And thanks for the tips! Definitely going to dive in there and see if I can adjust that clutch pedal before I pull my hamstring shifting! haha

Hi Brehio. I am currently in Derry and building in Auburn. Racngrn thoughts are a good starting point. Here is a link over to the alley with step by step to see if it is just one of the pedals getting bound...

Link

Enthusiast
    Lots of great members in New England. Great people and you will have lots of fun on club events, And everyone in this club will help you out I am sure with questions etc. Great Group of people all around the country.