Enthusiast

Fuel line in to intake manifold

I have a Gen 2 Viper, should this fuel line have a O-ring at the end? When I took it of it didn't have anything.IMG_1160.jpg
    Last edited by Eskedal; 08-01-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Yes, there should be an o-ring there. It may still be in the manifold. It is probably no good even if you do find it. Make sure you get an o-ring that is compatible with gas. Regular rubber will deteriorate pretty quickly

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks
    Regular rubber? Is there irregular rubber? The correct elastomer compound to use is FKM. Which is Viton. A, wait for it... regular rubber lol. Use -903 size.

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks
    Oh. One more brilliant comment from me. Look up in the port in the intake for the old o-ring before you put a new one on and have 2. It could leak if you have 2, push the old o-ring in to the fuel passages and cause a blockage, or it could have fallen on the floor under the car. But there was a seal there before you took it apart. It would have leaked badly otherwise.

Enthusiast
    Or even better than most. Hey Dave

FVMQ or Fluorosilicone Rubber

Enthusiast
    Viton is available in brown green and black. I normally buy brown so it doesn't look like normal rubber or the HVAC o-rings which are green.

Wait what? Normal rubber? What does that actually mean??? Anywho after nearly 40 years in chemical engineering polymer science is so last Tuesday. I just call things by their real name. Not by hardware store names.

Enthusiast
    Thanks guys