Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I've decided to pick up my trailer Friday so I'll have the Durango SRT for anyone who wants to attempt a roll over

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubeman View Post
    I've decided to pick up my trailer Friday so I'll have the Durango SRT for anyone who wants to attempt a roll over
    Won't be the first time an SRT SUV partakes in our AutoX :-)

IN for this!!! :-)

#TBT
    DSC_0574_zps59434c47.jpg

Enthusiast
    So like, is there tech inspection? What about dress code? Helmets?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Savage View Post
    No hard tech inspection...hopefully one is not leaking fluids, no helmets and no male rompers.

Oh, and I have to do some hard laps with your car if it’s your first time :-)

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by thetalonguy View Post
    Oh, and I have to do some hard laps with your car if it’s your first time :-)
    HA!!!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Savage View Post
    Dress? Your choice. Dennis, for example, drives in his underwear so he can feel more connected to his Viper. Whatever floats your boat.

NO helmets required

Head up now if anyone has any questions or concerns call my cell 914 447 0423
    There is air available at the track and the concession will be open for food
    see everyone in the morning

We will aim to get a drivers meeting going by 8:30 and walk the track by 8:45. The closer to 9am we can start, the more seat time everyone can have.

I'll have some tire pressure gauges, tire chalk, glass cleaner.. basic stuff for everyone to use at the "gazebo"

See you guys in the AM!

Enthusiast

Enthusiast
    Lol...great gif Bryan!!! Love it and thank you for taking the trek out to Lime Rock to run with us

Thanks to everyone that attended yesterday. We had a great day and a whole lot of fun! Everyone is definitely a better snake handler today than they were yesterday morning. Everyone should pass the word around to those who have never tried and tell them what they missed.

I want to throw a special thank you out to Ed, Steve and Ryan for organizing this event and teaching our members. It’s not a coincidence that the annual VOA event is now the most feared club event by all the other car clubs as it pertains to the championship shootout in October. We generally have the most qualifying model that makes the Championship each year.

That is a direct testament to your continued involvement and guidance to the club. The plan is to get even more next year and beyond

Hope everyone had a blast! I know I can’t wait till next year.

Enthusiast
    I had a great time and am definitely coming next year!

Enthusiast
    Great day as always! Not only did we learn about handling our Vipers on an autocross but we also learning about beavers!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    Great day as always! Not only did we learn about handling our Vipers on an autocross but we also learning about beavers!
    “Chomping down on vanilla ice cream”... huh?

Enthusiast
    Omg NOW I remember what the conversation made me think of!!

Enthusiast
    LMAO the Spice Weasel!!!

Great time everyone . Way to have fun and really explore the limits of our cars safely

Great seeing everyone

Vanilla will never taste the same (new label- No Beavers were hurt during the making of this product)
    Last edited by ACR Steve; 08-05-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Enthusiast
    I learned a lot about the Viper's handling limits. The skid pad was what I really needed.
    When I bought the car, I drove it home in the worst conditions - at night, downpour, Boston traffic to Sturbridge, then the rut rivers down the mountain made the car nearly spin out several times. The car had the original front tires and worn out rears. A perfect combination for the weather that night.
    What do you think - do I need ABS?

Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead34 View Post
    I learned a lot about the Viper's handling limits. The skid pad was what I really needed.
    When I bought the car, I drove it home in the worst conditions - at night, downpour, Boston traffic to Sturbridge, then the rut rivers down the mountain made the car nearly spin out several times. The car had the original front tires and worn out rears. A perfect combination for the weather that night.
    Tires make the difference, I drove home on my R888R's and while I had to drive a little below the speed limit it was just the giant ruts of water I had to worry about. Throw some fresh rubber on them.

Enthusiast
    Tires make the difference, I drove home on my R888R's and while I had to drive a little below the speed limit it was just the giant ruts of water I had to worry about. Throw some fresh rubber on them.
    It poured on me nearly to the PA/NY border. I was doing 45 nearly that whole way. Pair the PSC2s with all that water, and a couple of downed trees along the way means my ass was clenched for so long it feels like I just did 200 squats.

Idk about anyone else, and maybe it was the VE BBK I run, with that much water, the first two seconds of any application of brakes is spent only to dry the rotors before they'd begin to bite. I'd get 5% of actual deceleration for that first two seconds. Not scary, but annoying.

Copperhead, I don't think any driver aids would help you. Just slow down and use them hazards in that kind of rain. It's plenty hazardous for others when you're doing 20 under the speed limit, but in rain that heavy, it's just not worth the risk of keeping up with traffic, with as quickly as these cars can get out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead34 View Post
    Nice Job out there! I'm glad you enjoyed the skid pad, and it was my pleasure to ride with you! The Viper has surprisingly good grip even in a little wet, but that's exactly why you need to be careful in a downpour like you mentioned.. puddles sneak up and big tires float.

For what it's worth, a copperhead has ABS. If you feel like it's not working, get that looked at.

Yeh ride home was bad. I was barely doing 55 mph on my amazing ACR rain Kumho's had my own skid pad going on the whole ride home

Enthusiast
    That was probably the worst rain storm that I ever drove in. Pretty much 35-45 MPH all the way to down 22 to the end of the Hutch, where it went from deluge to crystal clear skies.
    My worn Toyos did me better than I thought, but my knuckles are still pale from that one.

Enthusiast
    Revised times are up!

Looks like we have about 6 in the top 30!!! Congrats and great driving to all. If I'm not mistaken, there may be an event or 2 left before the final top 30 are announced.

The 2019 Shootout will be Saturday, October 26th and will be a great event to watch and root on your fellow Viper members. Unfortunately, I have a wedding to attend that day :-(. Best of luck!

http://limerock.com/sites/default/fi...08.19%20v2.pdf
    Last edited by thetalonguy; 10-08-2019 at 08:34 AM.

Enthusiast
    Not sure I'll be competing at the shoot out I have college visits pretty much every weekend through November. Those that are in the top 30 definitely go to the shootout, you can still earn your way into the top 20 for the challenge that day! Vipers must represent!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast