Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My name is Bekah, and I'm a new ACR owner in PA!

I'm so excited! After shopping for about eight months, I was finally able to get my car. Naturally, after that, northern PA got hit with the worst winter of snow in my lifetime, so fuel stabilizer and battery tenders have spent more time around the car than I have. However, last week, the weather got up to a sweltering 42 degrees after a night rain washed off most of the road salt, so I dared to sneak to the school a block away for some air and pictures.

Here are some pictures (if the aspect ratio seems weird, It's because I'm six feet tall, but I still fit!).

I also took a video of the exhaust for fun. The car has a full Belanger exhaust all the way back and sounds unreal (you can obviously ignore the "subscribe" message unless you want to see more Viper videos, that was more just a message for people wandering through Youtube than people here):

<Sound volume warning>

Exhaust Video

Before buying, I tried out a Gen III Vert and a coupe, but walked away afterwards to "think about it" (the Vert in particular felt very tight and small inside), when I saw this car, it was a "gotta have it" moment right away. I also got a set of the ACR BBS wheels that are not mounted right now. The car will be going for a clear bra as soon as the weather clears up, up to Tator for a once-over and slight facia adjustment in the front, also after there is no more snow or salt (I originally planned to do this months ago, sigh), and will get the aluminum Roe power steering unit, and I'm looking to replace the water pump too if I can find one with a metal impeller. I don't know if the one in this car was replaced yet or not.

Anyway, real pleased to be here, I'll introduce myself over in the Gen II forum too.
    Last edited by TitleMine; 03-05-2014 at 09:26 AM.

Enthusiast
    CONGRATS on your beautiful Viper.

Agree with a visit to Mr. Tator....Chuck's the man !!!

Enthusiast
    Well done. How did you get the "flyover" angle in the vid? Linked here since it appears broke in the original post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-_Z5yMcWZM

I'm from PA originally (Williamsport) and I highly recommend moving south to fully enjoy your Viper all year long!

Congrats on the car and welcome to the forums! Nothing like a Belanger system. I Love mine.
    -Mark
    Last edited by DrTaco; 03-04-2014 at 01:29 PM.

I think I fixed the link.

I'm excited to meet Chuck, if it ever stops snowing.

I know right where Williamsport is, my mom is a retired professor from PSU. I live near Easton in the Lehigh Valley, and am very jealous of your weather. Jealous of your car's color too, if I could have gotten one with ABS in that color, I would have taken it over Red all day.

As to the flyover angle, you hit the nail on the head: It's a literal flyover. I have a UAV that I use for a real estate photography side-buisiness. In fact, almost that entire video was shot with it, since I don't have dollies or any other real film making stuff.

Welcome and congrats! I just picked up a Gen2 ACR myself.

Enthusiast
    As to the flyover angle, you hit the nail on the head: It's a literal flyover. I have a UAV that I use for a real estate photography side-buisiness. In fact, almost that entire video was shot with it, since I don't have dollies or any other real film making stuff.
    That is awesome.

Enthusiast
    Welcome . Don't forget go join the VOA. We have a real active region here in pa. Nice clean viper.

Nice, what color?

Quote Originally Posted by TitleMine View Post
    Nice, what color?
    Silver and Blue

Welcome to the VOA Bekah! Lots more women around here than ever before! Really nice Video's! I'll embed the link for you. Oops maybe I won't... seems that embed button has gone missing... BRB

GS27, time for a goofy left coast question since I see one in your photo... I visited Millersburg PA over the summer, and saw lots of houses with those large stars on them... what is that for?
    Last edited by Viper Girl; 03-04-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Enthusiast
    Welcome, and congrats on your new car, you're gonna love it!!

Welcome. I'm in Chester County (West Chester). We have an active region. I have a black 2003. Hope to see you at some events.

Scott

Enthusiast
    Congrats and welcome!! Let me know if you get over to the NW PA area, we have a few VOA members up there.

Love Gen II ACRs!!
    It was my "someday" car, here I am with a Gen IV ACR and the Gen II ACR is still my "someday" car!
    Welcome to the fun and enjoy it, that's a hot lookin ride right there!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper Girl View Post
    GS27, time for a goofy left coast question since I see one in your photo... I visited Millersburg PA over the summer, and saw lots of houses with those large stars on them... what is that for?
    It's a barnstar - basically a decoration. I believe it's stems from the historical aspects of the northeast. Never made it's way west I guess? Now that you mention it - I might pop one of those suckers up on my house too haha

Enthusiast
    Welcome. Very nice ACR. We have a very active group in the area and are usually looking to take the cars out for any reason. There are at least 5 or 6 of us that live within an hour of the ABE area. Hope to see you at some events.
    Mark

Enthusiast
    Hi Bekah, congrats on finding a super nice GTS! You'll enjoy owning a Viper, and remember to give it plenty of respect -- else it will try to find a tree and wrap itself around it.

We just had a VOA member here total out his Final Edition 2002 GTS within the first few weeks of ownership. Fortunately, he's in one piece, but his car really is a "final" edition now.

Someone said it well...don't be afraid of it, just give it a lot of respect.

Congrats and welcome!! Let me know if you get over to the NW PA area, we have a few VOA members up there.
    I've got a friend's wedding out that way summer, I might take the car there, but I really don't want to seem like I'm trying to show up my friend either. It'd be pretty rough to leave your wedding in a vanilla Lincoln and be tailed out to the reception by a random guest in a red supercar.

Lots more women around here than ever before!
    I think we must all be crazy not to have gotten automatic Mini Coopers instead.

V1P3R
    Hello and Welcome! Beautiful ACR! Drove my Viper home from the Philly area to Nebraska last March.

Enjoy the car and the fun times ahead. In a Viper, it truly about the journey, not the destination!

Enthusiast
    Welcome and congrats!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TitleMine View Post
    I've got a friend's wedding out that way summer, I might take the car there, but I really don't want to seem like I'm trying to show up my friend either. It'd be pretty rough to leave your wedding in a vanilla Lincoln and be tailed out to the reception by a random guest in a red supercar.
    Just park it off to the side, your friend won't mind

Welcome and congrats on a beautiful car! I went to Lehigh and live near Scranton, so hope to meet you at an event soon! The PA VOA is great!

Enthusiast
    Welcome to the VOA forum. There are a lot of great people here. Don't forget to join the VOA WV/PA Region. Mike and his team are doing an outstanding job with the club. There are a lot of great people, like Mike and Mark (herbbone), in the Eastern PA. area who can help you. If you want to drive year 'round come to the Southwest! Just ask Mark.
    Barry

PSU grad many moons ago!

Enthusiast
    Welcome! Great looking/sounding ride! I actually watched your exhaust video last night while I was surfing You tube. Have Chuck flush your brake fluid, it's looking a little dark...
    Last edited by ICPREY; 03-04-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast