Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    So what happens with Insurance? Cracked screen, Glass needs to be replaced, No screens available......Do the Insurance companies write off the car?
    I am in this exact same boat with insurance. They said they'd give me the last list price for the windshield. I said that does me no good having cash for a disposable part like a windshield so please salvage it. They wouldn't at all, so I was supposed to suffer in silence. I at least asked them to pay the difference for something aftermarket I buy, and they agreed.

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks
    File a complaint with the state insurance board.

Enthusiast
    UPDATE: I have contacted a small windscreen company in England (not far away from where the Viper Engine blocks were casted)

I have asked them if they would consider making a batch of screens if I gave them a template to work from.
    I will keep you informed if they come back to me.

In all seriousness,
    How many people would want a replacement or spare windshield? If I could get an Idea on numbers it would help.

I know of at least 3 owners in the UK (including myself) that would like or need a replacement screen.

Please let me know if your car is a coupe or RT/10

I am looking at getting the Coupe screens made.

Enthusiast
    What was the price for a Gen II screen in the USA? WHEN THEY WERE AVAILABLE?

Right at $700-$800 per. Logistically, I don't think shipping windshields from over the pond is cost effective. But if it happens I would take 3.
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Enthusiast
    I procured one of the last 5 units available in the US this past summer. I think the bill for mine was about $720.

Enthusiast
    Depending on cost I would be interested in 2 of them.

Enthusiast
    UPDATE: I have contacted a small windscreen company in England (not far away from where the Viper Engine blocks were casted)

I have asked them if they would consider making a batch of screens if I gave them a template to work from.
    I will keep you informed if they come back to me.

In all seriousness,
    How many people would want a replacement or spare windshield? If I could get an Idea on numbers it would help.

I know of at least 3 owners in the UK (including myself) that would like or need a replacement screen.

Please let me know if your car is a coupe or RT/10

I am looking at getting the Coupe screens made.
    Hi Mark, given the zero supply situation I would be interested. As you know, my car is the roadster....!? Thanks a lot for your efforts! !

Enthusiast
    Noted

Enthusiast
    Driving around with contaminated fluids braking at 95% while squirting WD40 in people's locks
    I'm in for a hundred of them so I can corner the market and keep prices low

Enthusiast
    In for 2 - GTS

Enthusiast
    I'm still waiting for the company to come back to me at this point. Several years ago there was a Gen 1 based kit car produced in the UK Called a "Venom" The company produced a batch of windows for those cars. The screens had the correct tint and safety marks.

Enthusiast
    The other issue would be, how would these windshields be sold and shipped to buyers and who would absorb the cost of a windshield that arrived broken? It appears that none of the established Viper vendors are willing to absorb that cost at this time with whatever windshield they might have on hand. Would Pilkington use their established network in the USA so that they would be sold through windshield glass installers, or, because this is such a small run, would there be some other scheme? I doubt that they normally sell direct to a retail consumer.
    Last edited by AZTVR; 11-02-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Enthusiast
    Seems there's a windshield available in Oxford, MI for $1,700. No shipping. He will definitely not ship. For a $500 finders fee I can give you the details or you can Google it.
    Last edited by ViperTony; 11-02-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Enthusiast
    It's on social media. Not hard to find Tony.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    It's on social media. Not hard to find Tony.
    Really? I guess the GOOGLE reference wasn't obvious. It's OK. Everyone tries their best.

Enthusiast
    Some of us are not on Social media

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTony View Post
    Really? I guess the GOOGLE reference wasn't obvious. It's OK. Everyone tries their best.
    Why so mad lol. At least I stock what others still search for?

Enthusiast
    Some of us are not on Social media
    Let me GOOGLE that

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dave6666 View Post
    Why so mad lol. At least I stock what others still search for?
    Mad?!? No. I thought maybe I typed too slow for you. My bad.

I'm down for 1 for a GTS (depending on cost/shipping details of course).

Enthusiast
    I will chase the company up tomorrow (Monday Morning). Disappointed with feedback from them So far, but owner may be on Vacation?

Enthusiast
    Wait. Don't you guys take holiday? Vacation is so metro-american white trash.

Enthusiast
    Stepping Stones......2 forward One Back! I have been in contact today with a company that worked on the Original Oreca Gen 2 Cars, Having spoken with the CEO,He is going to check they still have the tooling to produce the coupe screen.....But the screens would not have the built in Aerial He said they may be able to produce the screens with the Aerial but it would involve more costs and different tooling.

It looks like there would need to be a minimum run of 10 screens. He is going to come back to me with a price.

I will update as I get more info.....Mark

Mopar Glass Program Headquarters @ 877-279-0017. or pgwautoglass.com

Ernie

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast