Enthusiast

GT World Challenge America MAR1 3

NTVOA and Blancpain GT World Challenge America invites you to a special Viper Club 2 Day Car Corral at the Circuit of the Americas on March 2nd and 3rd. The COTA Corral package includes

-1x Weekend Pass
    -Exclusive Parking Area
    -Paddock Access
    -Parade Lap in your Viper.
    -Tours
    -Grab bag of goodies.

Our own Bob Woodhouse is heavily involved with the Pirelli World Challenge organization with is now formally known as the GT World Challenge America and features some of the world's best GT race car drivers. Details are still being ironed out, but the package will be $120 for the weekend per car and person, or $80 per person for guests (does not include exclusive parking or parade lap). Hotel arrangements are in the works as well as dinner and a couple of other details. Check back here for more details as they become available.GT World Challenge.pdf
    Last edited by ericgavinroberts; 01-13-2019 at 05:35 PM.

I am ready to buy tickets and book hotel. Any new information?

Enthusiast

More inf r on the GT World Challenge America event at COTA

I copied the flyer in, the pictures did not come through but hopefully this helps

Viper Regions:
    Viper Owners Association North Texas Viper Region is inviting you to a day at the races in Austin, Texas on March 2, 2019. This is the opening race of the new expansion of Pirelli World Challenge Series into an International Series now named Blancpain GT World Challenge America.
    Plan to arrive at the Omni South Austin hotel on Friday
    evening, March 1, attend the Blancpain GT World Challenge
    America event on Saturday the 2nd followed with the option to attend again on Sunday or use the day as a travel home day.
    Exclusive to our group will be a meeting at 10:45 am on Saturday to meet Greg Gill CEO of World Challenge America and Bob Woodhouse for a Welcome Introduction and Overview of the Series. Robbie Montinola Director of Marketing will introduce you to the racing paddock and share how to get the best out of your day.
    After your track lap on Saturday evening, you are invited for dinner and drinks dutch style at a downtown location to be announced Feb 2nd or once we know the headcount.
    The COTA website has the full three day schedule including all of the race times and track layout located right next to where you sign up. Follow the steps below for easy sign up.
    Event Registration. http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/world-challenge Select “Events” at the top
    Select "Blancpain GT World Challenge”
    Select “Car Corral” at middle of page and complete registration
    Hotel Arrangements: Rooms have been set aside at the Omni South Austin $159 nite with free parking. Room block is good till January 31 so get cracking on this. https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/austin-southpark
    Eric, here is an option, have a look and see what you think, a little closer and a little cheaper but I have no favor on either. http://www.hiesaustinairport.us. Please add any detail you think people might need.
    Final “To DO”. Send an email to Eric Roberts ericgavinroberts@yahoo.com and say you are coming so we have the proper head count. Other questions : Bob Woodhouse at bobwoodhouse49@gmail.com.

Enthusiast
    All details are finally complete! Please see the attached flyer for all the information regarding the sign-up process. This is going to be a lot of fun for us with several special treats that our one and only Bob Woodhouse has arranged for us as only he can do! The room block we have will expire Feb 14th so make sure you get your room reservations complete. We have 10 rooms available Friday and Saturday night. We have the option to add more rooms if needed so book early so that if we need to add more rooms we have the time. If you wait until the last minute and it's full, we may not be able to add more rooms.

We will be staying at the Omni Southpark in South Austin. We have special parking arrangements at the hotel for Vipers only.

The room block is available to receive reservations by calling 1-800-THE-OMNI (800-843-6664) by asking for Viper Owners Association, or by using our group code: 022819VIPEROWNE.

Guests can also go to http://www.omnihotels.com/FindAHotel...Southpark.aspx –Book Now- enter the arrival and departure dates and under Special Rate Codes; enter group code 022819VIPEROWNE

Looking forward to seeing ya'll there!

Enthusiast
    I have my tickets and room booked. Is there going to be a caravan down on Friday?

Enthusiast
    We are just under one week away from our next event. Mar 1-3 is our weekend in Austin at Circuit of the Americas for the GT World Challenge. If you haven't made reservations or would still like to go but haven't signed up tickets are still available on the GT World Challenge web site (GT World Challenge). Our hotel room block is full, but feel free to call the hotel as I don't believe the hotel is booked and rooms may be available. If not, there are a couple of hotels close by.

Here is a basic schedule of the events this weekend:

Friday MAR01

Arrive at your leisure, gates open at 08:15 and first practice starts at 08:30. Your admission tickets were delivered to you in whatever method you chose to have them so hopefully those are with you already. Mine are on my phone as I chose digital delivery. I'm still trying to get a definitive answer to the parking pass delivery, but I'm told we should be receiving an email with further instructions. If not, it's parking lot A and there will be someone from COTA there at the entrance to facilitate the parking passes.

I'm not sure where we will all want to sit, we don't have to all stay together. The car corral passes pretty much give you the run of the place so there are a lot of different options. I plan on getting there about 1pm. My phone number is 903-530-1372. Feel free to text or call me to find out where we are or to update me on where you are if you plan on arriving before 1pm.

Dinner is at 6pm Friday evening at Kruez Market in Lockhart TX (619 North Colorado Street
    Lockhart, TX 78644) It's a large parking lot with plenty of parking. We have the large front room reserved for our group. https://www.kreuzmarket.com/ If you haven't eaten here before, you're in for a treat because it is constantly voted one of the top bbq joints in Texas. We'll cruise down there from the track, it's about a 17 min drive straight down 130 (fastest posted speed limit in Texas).

Saturday MAR02

Gates open at 08:15 and first qualifying starts at 08:30 although you can show up whenever you'd like. Parade lap will either be Saturday evening at 5:30 pm and on Sunday morning at 08:00. I'm not sure yet which group we're in or if it's possible to do both. We do not have dinner plans Saturday as our parade lap may be that evening. We can definitely all do something together if there is interest. Or, maybe take your spouse out on a proper date!

Sunday MAR03

Like above, there is a parade lap at 08:00 but I'm not sure if this is for us. We'll find out and let everyone know as soon as the information Is given to us. Last scheduled race is over at 4pm, but I'm sure people will trickle out throughout the day. Feel free to do whatever you'd like!

Hotel information:

Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark (4140 Governors Row , Austin, TX 78744). We have special parking close to the front all together. The hotel does have a restaurant and a bar.

If some of you DFW guys would like to drive down together, I'll let you work that out. Our NTVOA facebook page seems to be a great venue for arranging that as it's worked well in the past. I will also be posting this information on our forum section at driveviper.com

See y'all there!!

- - - Updated - - -

Look forward to seeing you! I'm not sure about a drive down group. I'll be coming from Tyler area and plan to arrive at the track around 1pm or so

Enthusiast
    What a great time - thanks Bob for putting us in the middle of an exciting event!!