Enthusiast

Creaking in rear suspension with mono balls

Hi guys,
    In your comp coupes, do you hear a lot of creaking noises in the rear suspension?
    I have done the complete mono-balls conversion on my 2013 track car, love them the car handles great. They are creaking pretty bad, I can't remember if it's always been this loud since I installed them 2-3 track events ago. Everything is greased and tight, nothing is lose. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Enthusiast
    what do you have for lower shock mounts?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by steve911 View Post
    what do you have for lower shock mounts?
    I tried the ViperPartsUSA billet mounts but I would have had to have my shocks length changed and didn't really want to get into all that for now, so back to stock.
    You?

Enthusiast
    AZ, reach out to Dan Cragin, he has tons of experience with Comp Coupes as well as regular Viper mono-ball conversions

Enthusiast
    If you have the OEM lower shock mounts that could be the source of your noises. Viper parts USA makes a Delrin replacement for the stock shock mount that I am currently running without issues. We have been seeing failures of the OE lower mounts which gets exacerbated by higher than stock spring rates.

- - - Updated - - -

My mono ball suspension is as quiet as a church mouse.

Sway bar bushings?

Enthusiast
    If you have the OEM lower shock mounts that could be the source of your noises. Viper parts USA makes a Delrin replacement for the stock shock mount that I am currently running without issues. We have been seeing failures of the OE lower mounts which gets exacerbated by higher than stock spring rates.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you have to change the length of your shocks?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    Did you have to change the length of your shocks?
    I am running stock length MCS on my car. The VPUSA delrin mounts use the same steel housing as the OE bushing and the delrin insert takes the place of the rubber.

Enthusiast

- - - Updated - - -

You were right! My rear lower OEM shock mounts are cracked. I ordered the Delrin replacement bushings, are you saying that will help them last longer? Otherwise seems like I'll be breaking these every weekend...
    Last edited by Arizona Vipers; 02-04-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Vipers View Post
    You were right! My rear lower OEM shock mounts are cracked. I ordered the Delrin replacement bushings, are you saying that will help them last longer? Otherwise seems like I'll be breaking these every weekend...
    Mine are 3 years old with no problems.

are they a weak link in the rear suspension set up?

Enthusiast
    It really seems that the cars with heavier sprung suspensions pound out the rubber in that lower bushing. Chrysler has been using that same style since 2003.