Enthusiast

cactus window tint in scottsdale

Hi. Has anyone used Cactus Window Tint in Scottsdale to install paint protection film, I am considering doing my front end with them. Were you happy with them? If you did a full front end, were the seams relatively inconspicuous? Where did they put the seams. Thanks.

Enthusiast
    No experience with them but did have Pit Stop Auto Detailing and Storage (Scottsdale & Gilbert) do a full ceramic coat and clear bra on my all white Gen V GTS, absolutely top notch!

The owner Marcus is very knowledgeable and chatted with me for about 30 minutes when I was first interested in getting services done. He is very patient, friendly, and will work with you to figure out the best protection options for your situation.

My whole car was ceramic coated and then they clear bra'd the front bumper, hood, mirrors, behind the rear tires, and side sills. They do protective film the right way. They paint correct, (in my situation ceramic coat), remove emblems and such, do the clear bra, and then put the emblems and such back on. It helps to make the protective film almost invisible (same with the edges). This may seem excessive until you see a clear bra job where they go around the emblems, no comparison. They had to do my Gen V hood in pieces due to the large size, your Gen II would probably be a similar situation. You should give him a call and at least get an estimate. My Gen II GTS had it's front bumper done (one piece), and lower part of the hood.

https://azdetailing.com/
    Last edited by AZMotorgod; 10-25-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Enthusiast
    Thanks for the input AZMG. I will give Marcus a call. Are the seams on your hood nearly invisible?

Enthusiast
    Detail Boss in Scottsdale also does great work. They ceramic coated my GTS and F-type and they turned out perfect. Many high end cars in their shop getting all sorts of work done. Talk to Christian if you call.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Loud View Post
    Detail Boss in Scottsdale also does great work. They ceramic coated my GTS and F-type and they turned out perfect. Many high end cars in their shop getting all sorts of work done. Talk to Christian if you call.
    +1 on this recommendation. And I have used Pit Stop in the past. Had problems with their ceramic products not lasting even 6 months after initial application. They reapplied the same product again with the same results. Went to Detail Boss and had their product put on multiple vehicles. Even after two years their product is far superior compared to what I received at Pit Stop.

Had Detail Boss install PPF on my S550 and can not even find a seem. Haven't done the viper yet to many chips in it already ( 1996 )
    Last edited by Bluesnake; 11-01-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Enthusiast
    XFlyBoy-

Seems would be visible on a hood that big due to the size (if they do the whole hood). They did their best to hide them along the creases of the hood, didn't care as I wanted the extra protection. Stripes make it much easier to hide.

Lots of high end cars at Pit Stop as well and he has a great rep. They use Gtechniq for their coating and I believe they warranty up to 7 years. Bummer about Bluesnakes experience, wonder which product it was that was used on his car? Regardless, it's nice to have options.
    Last edited by AZMotorgod; 11-02-2018 at 03:15 AM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AZMotorgod View Post
    XFlyBoy-

Seems would be visible on a hood that big due to the size (if they do the whole hood). They did their best to hide them along the creases of the hood, didn't care as I wanted the extra protection. Stripes make it much easier to hide.

Lots of high end cars at Pit Stop as well and he has a great rep. They use Gtechniq for their coating and I believe they warranty up to 7 years. Bummer about Bluesnakes experience, wonder which product it was that was used on his car? Regardless, it's nice to have options.
    Opticoat the first time then the Gtechniq the second time. This was on a brand new S550. Marcus is a good guy but he doesn't manage is shop very well. Second time around with the coating they left residue in a lot of the jams. I asked his crew about this and their response was it's the dealers fault. I bought it brand new and told the dealer not to touch it because I was driving it straight to them. After my experience and using their mobile wash service I wasn't impressed.

The nice thing dealing with Detail Boss is the owners are doing the work and not some employee's that don't care.

Enthusiast
    Great news! Christian at Detail Boss, just told me that Suntek will be producing a 72" roll. Currently the largest everybody makes is 60". That should be long enough so that there will not be any seams on the hood.