This was one of our most talked about events last year! Slim and Dave have pulled out all the stops again this year planning, believe it or not, TWICE as much fun as last year. They have been brainstorming and planning this event for the better part of a year and have come up with one heck of a weekend! If you did not make it last year you will certainly want to make sure to be there this year, if you did make it out last year I am sure you will be back. This was an outstanding event with a lot of effort from our local VOA members. This year we will be staying at the Quarter Circle 7 Hotel in Alpine, TX. We have a room block under "VIPER CLUB", you MUST call in to get your room (432) 837-1100. <br />
We will start off with a welcome dinner Friday at 6:30PM, Saturday we will have our always gracious local member Dave Durant host coffee, donuts and a drivers meeting at his incredible place The Stable Performance Cars. Will have a Saturday drive through Terlingua, Presidio, and Marfa, meeting back in Alpine for another group dinner. Sunday will start with coffee and donuts at the hotel pavilion, then off to a Scenic Driving Tour/McDonald Observatory. Fort Davis Scenic Loop is the highest public highway in Texas at 6,700 feet twisting thru Madera Canyon past Mt Livermore and Sawtooth Mountain, then on to McDonald Observatory for a 45-minute tour ($7.00). Finish up at about 12:30 with a Lightning Fast Buffet Lunch @ Black Bear Restaurant ($11.95) at Fort Davis State Park- Say goodbyes from Black Bear Restaurant and/or Alpine (for those with trailers). <br />
<br />
This is a event will be one of the best of the year, guaranteed. Room block is gone after August 24th, however due to other events in town I highly recommend reserving room immediately. Hotel is sold out except for our room block so you MUST mention "VIPER CLUB" when you call. 5 King Suites and 3 Regular King Rooms (all that are available) are available at $120.00 (regularly $149.00 a night plus tax) and 13 Double Queen Rooms at $115.00 (regularly $139.00) a night plus tax. Act quick! I guarantee we will sell out on this one. If the hotel is sold out please let us know. We may have to find a overflow hotel as well.