The only way I was going to keep up with the "Jones's", (AKA AZ) with my ACR was to mod it heavily and beat it to death, so I decided to finish an old track car project to preserve the Viper. Basically, it is a 56 Corvette body (stop laughing until you hear the rest) on a sophisticated, high-travel/low-roll fabricated suspension, 515 inch all aluminum BBC moved back 14 inches, 335/18 and 345/18 tires/wheels, big StopTechs. lots of aero mods and carbon fiber, and hopefully weighing in at 2600# dry. I am replacing my current IRS with a Detroit Speed DecaLink (for strength) and Larry's Engine and Marine (known for his offshore BBC race motors) is building a stout BBC: big bore/short stroke aluminum Brodix (4.6 bore/3.875 stroke), Calles crank and rods, 13:1 JE's, Comp Cams solid roller, TD shaft rockers, Daily billet dry sump, and a Hogan fabricated sequential injection intake system. Shane Tecklenburg is integrating the MoTec ECU (computer, sensors, injectors, harness, tune) and AZ convinced me to add a stand-alone BMW ABS system which will provide inputs to the MoTec for traction control, if I decide to go that way. The clutch is a Tilton triple-disk carbon assembly and I have a TKO 600 extreme built by American Speed (rated for 950 ft/lbs) with a .82 fifth gear. Should be a ball.

Pappy

56 and 62.jpg
56 Corvette Decalink 2.jpg
56 Corvette Tilton.jpg
Sweet Rack.jpg
56 rear.JPG