2013 GTS Electrical issue

I am new to this forum so my apologies if I say anything I am not suppose to. I have a 2013 GTS launch edition with 34XXX miles and having problems. I came home after a drive and I pulled in garage and turned car off. Walked away from car and ac fan stayed on. I have then have 8 volts from negative on battery to negative cable(so a short). I have pulled all computers and modules and have pulled every fuse and every relay......still have a short. Then if I pull the fan plug out or the resistor, there is no short. Put new fan blower and resistor. Did not fix problem. I am at a loss. I don’t know why I still have power going to just the fan motor. I can even control it by turning knob. But nothing else works. I have even unbolted starter and alternator wires. Still short. Also is stuck in race mode(think this is separate problem but happened at same time.) Put 2 new batteries. Any help I would greatly appreciate. I am not suffering as I still have my 2000 GTS to drive. I am mechanically incline and would greatly appreciate any help.

miht be an internal short in the BCM

Enthusiast
    Sorry that I have no quick answer. These electrical problems are tough since there are no wiring or pinout diagrams on any of the Gen V Mopar Service Manual CD's.

If it was my car, I would at least visit a CJDR dealer and use a wiTECH 2.0 to look over the situation.

Lastly, I will say that I have seen one 2013 GTS stuck in race mode...due to a faulty shock at about 1200 miles. But, that was an isolated event.

Enthusiast
    Your comment:

"I have then have 8 volts from negative on battery to negative cable", can you clarify that.