Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Cool Its Been Revealed

As you all know, these events take years to assemble, planning starts well before the last event even takes place. And one of the things we enjoy doing is announcing where the location of the next NVE will be, during the grand finale banquet of the last NVE... And NVE3 was no exception, as we prepared our reveal at the very end of the final night's banquet to a crowd of eager onlookers.

As you also know, we move these events around every two years, to provide a more local presence to regions. We've done the midwest, the mid south, and the west... where would we go now? The video slowly reveals the location. And when the location was revealed, the roar from the crowd could be heard throughout the entire convention center!

Watch the reveal video here: NVE4

We'll see you at NVE4 in April/May of 2020, "Miami & The Keys"!!
    Last edited by SmoknTires; 05-07-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Enthusiast
    Sounds Great!!!, Looking forward to be able to go to this one!!!!

Enthusiast
    Nice work Alex !!!
    Just a thought for NVE 5 , Nashville...
    A days drive for 80% of our members. And lots of great night life and driving roads !

Enthusiast
    +1 for Nashville. Regardless, nice work VOA Team. It is a pleasure to be part of this group.
    Last edited by quickster2; 05-08-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Enthusiast
    What about doing one up here some year....??

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Actually did look into Canada, won't work easily. I did an event up there for 250 people (IL Region). Was an amazing event. Beth researched for NVE4 and found that semi's carrying the cars can't cross the border and keep driving, a switch would have to take place to another carrier. Would make shipping a mess/complicated.

Enthusiast
    Alex, since a lot of members missed out on the NVE3 event because we were not just sitting and waiting at the computer when released and someone commented that a ton of members are very close to the NVE4 event location, is the club going to upsize this NVE4 event this time so we can get a record breaking attendance (so more of us can attend this time)? Thanks for all the hard work!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

That is all dictated by the venues we visit. The numbers are derived by a lot of things. You can have dinners with 5000 people, but when you do other activities, track events, tours, etc... you're limited by what the capacity allows. So it'll be the maximum of whatever will fit.

Actually made it through the entire waiting list a couple months before the event and everyone who wanted to go was able to fit. 815 was the final number.

I actually don't believe FL, while being a great location, will have as much demand. There are actually fewer local vipers there than you may think, and since it's in the corner of US, fewer from the west will come...

The last thing we need to remember is to be conservative with expected numbers - as the hotel and some venues require advanced commitment 6+ months in advance. And if you fall short, the club is on the hook for paying for it (a lesson another club learned the hard way and owed $200k and lost when they were sued). So for those cases, we have to go with the numbers we're sure to fill, but those numbers can often be slowly expanded later if needed. Worked perfectly in vegas.

Based on the initial plans for FL, I do think we won't be constrained too much (and have some great stuff planned). But my guess is 715 is where we'll likely max out at relative to demand. So I think that's easily achievable.

I will be backing away and finally retiring from nve planning, so I can't wait to be there as a participant! But being part of the selection and initial planning for nve4, it's gonna be good stuff!

Enthusiast
    Again, you & the entire Team deserve kudos that cannot be expressed.

Enthusiast
    Wow! Awesome to hear that it will be close by! There are a lot of Viper owners in FL so there should be a bunch of local turnout.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPete View Post
    Wow! Awesome to hear that it will be close by! There are a lot of Viper owners in FL so there should be a bunch of local turnout.
    Just moved from South Florida to North Florida but I will be there!

Enthusiast
    A lot won't go as it's too far to go. Me being one. Daytona would have changed a few of those minds tho.............

The prices at the hotel in Vegas sucked. Not the rooms so much as everything else.
    Last edited by SNKEBIT; 05-11-2018 at 09:31 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by SNKEBIT View Post
    A lot won't go as it's too far to go. Me being one. Daytona would have changed a few of those minds tho.............

The prices at the hotel in Vegas sucked. Not the rooms so much as everything else.
    We looked at both Daytona and Sebring and the drive time to any large hotel with all necessary space we need made the drive time to/from either track between 1.5 and 2 hours each way. I considered that too far given how tired everyone is after a track day so that's why we moved south.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SNKEBIT View Post

Compared to what the rates are for a prime hotel on the strip in Vegas normally are, the rates were great. Not to mention it was Cinco De Mayo weekend where Vegas is a major destination for west coast locals.

The team did a great job considering those circumstances.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrsss View Post
    We looked at both Daytona and Sebring and the drive time to any large hotel with all necessary space we need made the drive time to/from either track between 1.5 and 2 hours each way. I considered that too far given how tired everyone is after a track day so that's why we moved south.
    Water over the dam at this point. The Orlando - Sebring location worked for a VOI many years ago. That said traffic has increased significantly since then making the Disney to Sebring trip in 90 minutes a pretty good time.

Enthusiast
    I am looking forward to this. Planning on attending. Can I assume some track time at Homestead and maybe cruises south?
    Troy

I'm looking forward to hearing if Key West will be incorporated into the event and how. Key West is an awesome place to party/drink/eat/hang out.

The biggest challenge is trying to continually top the last event....I don't know how you guys do it.

Enthusiast
    Might finally be able to get to this one!

Looking forward to it !

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2017
    Capital Vipers (DC/DE/MD/VA)
    Alex-

Remember that guy who kept spewing back in Feb/Mar about how more planning should have been done so more could attend? Has he contacted you to help start the planning for NVE4 since he knew all the best ways to plan for 1,000's of guests?
    Brian
    98 Ronzello PVP Pilot GT2
    99 ACR

Capital Vipers Facebook Group

Capital Vipers Founding Regional President 2018 - 2021
    Motor City Viper Owners - Associate Member
    Coordinator - Amelia Island Cars & Coffee 2021/2020/2019, Hilton Head Concours 2019, Greenbrier Concours 2018
    Coordinator - Hagerty Partnership
    Coordinator - Spirit of Viper
    GT2 Owners Group

Enthusiast
    have the feeling the attendance will be even higher than vegas

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

I actually don't think it will be. We'll see if I'm right... The distance traveled is a big part of attendance. But either way it'll be fun.

TrackAire, yes, Key West is on the radar and in fact some cool ideas to incorporate. The drive alone is something worth doing at least one in your life.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Viperenvy View Post
    Alex-

Remember that guy who kept spewing back in Feb/Mar about how more planning should have been done so more could attend? Has he contacted you to help start the planning for NVE4 since he knew all the best ways to plan for 1,000's of guests?
    You'd laugh... I have a VERY ironic story I could tell about that, but no need to get into it. It's the .01% of course. The vast majority of people are insane Viper and club supporters and they know how to have a good time and are a joy to be around. The event truly achieved my own expectations, people really had a good time. That's makes it all worth doing.

And I should say the volunteers, particularly the big ones who worked most/all of the event - Jesus are amazing. Friends for life, and they are the ones who are the heros and make these events what they are. We went with a REALLY big team this time around to try to pull of a very detailed event with style (which is a challenge of it's own, as people do change their plans and many volunteers don't work out). But it all went well thanks to them, and some really pushed their own limits. That's what the .01% needs to remember. And that's why I'd always defend those good people who actually do the work, as it's easy to armchair quarterback and complain, but the real guts comes when you put skin in the game and serve in such unselfish roles (and there's so much you don't understand unless you're involved with planning). So my hats off to the good people who do the work. Without them, there would be no NVE, nor a club. THAT'S what makes good clubs work.

As the new team begins to take over NVE4 planning and Beth assumes the role of coordinator, i hope that she gets the same level of support (and she is). I admire her and think she'll do quite well. I joked and said you can just about handle doing 3 of these and then perhaps begin the 4th, before you hit a wall. The beginning steps of NVE4 is as far as I'll be going, and glad to finally catch a breather. She's got the ball and will do just fine. NVE4 will be a killer, and another once in a lifetime event worth doing. Can't wait to finally be a participant and see what they're all about when you're not working!

Can you imagine what the aerials will look like on that bridge through the keys... Can't wait!

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida

Had a long conversation with Beth, and I gotta say, really like the ideas that are already being floated around. As a life long Florida native, I'm happy to be of assistance for the VOA. Homestead is a great, high speed, road course very similar to Charlotte & Daytona. There are so many options for the directors to choose from, impossible to do it all, hopefully those that come will make a little longer stay out of it. Some of our cars and coffee events are not to be missed, Sebring, Daytona, & PBIR are relative short drives as well for the track rats.

Enthusiast
    I'm really hoping to make this event - drive from Texas. Missed NVE3, and haven't been to an event since VOI9.

I suggest picking a weekend in March or April, just after an IMSA, SCCA, TransAm, FARA or similar event at Sebring or Homestead, so those of us driving to Miami can go early or make a stop along the way and see some racing with a Viper corral.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast