Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Enthusiast
    This sounds like a great time. I plan on going.

Enthusiast
    Yeah totally looking forward to it!

Enthusiast
    Im getting in early, Im going to Homestead next month for the Ford Ecoboost 400

Enthusiast
    I hope to make this event. Saving up!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Folks the dates are set for NVE4 so you can get it on your calendar and start planning your travel!

We start the festivities the evening of Wednesday, April 29, 2020 and conclude them the evening of Saturday, May 2,2020

See ya'll there!

Enthusiast
    Thanks Beth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herrsss View Post
    Folks the dates are set for NVE4 so you can get it on your calendar and start planning your travel!

We start the festivities the evening of Wednesday, April 29, 2020 and conclude them the evening of Saturday, May 2,2020

See ya'll there!
    Hi Beth. I am planning on attending and driving in from Texas. Do you have an itinerary with hotels/cities, routes and what not? Thank you.

Enthusiast
    Thank you.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC 10 View Post
    Hi Beth. I am planning on attending and driving in from Texas. Do you have an itinerary with hotels/cities, routes and what not? Thank you.
    Hi Phillip,

Each region sets up their own caravan so I'd suggest you reach out to Wayne and Eric.

Beth

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Alligator by Beth Sewell, on Flickr

Photo by Dave Ruckert

We spied this bruiser strolling around looking for snacks!

Enthusiast
    NVE 2 Sign.jpg

From NVE2.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida
    Was reading the thread and how attendance was expected to be smaller in Miami. Something about the travel time and how far folks were willing to go. I guess that all depends on the demographics of the club.

Being in Miami, I am going, no question, but I also have some insight on travel in and out of Florida. I make a yearly car trip with a local club here. We've gone through the entire east coast over the years. From northern NY state, Delaware Valley, Penn, the Virginias, Blue Ridge and Appalachians and into the south going through the Carolina's, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi and others. Bottom line, Miami is closer or almost the same distance from Vegas for a huge swath of the country. All of the Northeast is a given. Not even close. However, if you are south or east of Detroit, Chicago, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, Dallas or Houston.... Your driving as far or less to head to Miami.

Again, not at all familiar with the club membership figures and the splits all through the country. I am sure the California delegation is HUGE. But, I'd figure there is a big group that won't find Miami that far. Well, at least not hugely different from heading to Vegas.

Another tip for the folks coming or planning on coming from the NE and Midwest like Chicago. Look into the Autotrain with Amtrak. It's a run from Reston, VA (right outside of DC) to Sanford, Fl (right outside of Orlando). You can load the cars onto the train and it's basically an overnight ride to Florida. There are berths and cabins available as well as seats. They give you dinner and breakfast included. Not a bad way to make a good portion of the ride down. It's 850 miles each way you won't put on the car and you'll not be behind the wheel.

Anyway....just my two cents...... look forward to seeing you all down here!
    Luis V.
    Miami, Florida
    2002 Dodge Viper GTS - FE #298 & 2013 Dodge Viper GTS

Enthusiast
    Interesting possibility with the train. Amtrak states 4 inch ground clearance minimum. Has anyone tried it to see if ACR or TA will clear?

Enthusiast
    Do we know how much to budget for? I would have to save up to make an event like this so if you have a ballpark figure it would help me

Thanks.

Enthusiast
    Did the Auto Train for VOI 4 when we lived in VA.

Only way to go!!!

Several of us on the train.

On the way back we annoyed everydamnbody reliving the VOI!!!

It was a real HOOT!!!!

Get a sleeper car!!!!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboy 18 View Post
    Do we know how much to budget for? I would have to save up to make an event like this so if you have a ballpark figure it would help me

Thanks.
    Room rates are set at $149/night and I am still working on the event cost! Lots of moving parts still to nail down

Enthusiast
    I missed NVE3 in Vegas and don't plan on missing this one! Will trailer down from WI, and excited for this event.

Any idea when we can expect pricing and more details to come, so we can begin to plan/budget on our ends?

You guys all do such an amazing job and I can't wait to attend my first NVE event!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by ViperRyan View Post
    I missed NVE3 in Vegas and don't plan on missing this one! Will trailer down from WI, and excited for this event.

Any idea when we can expect pricing and more details to come, so we can begin to plan/budget on our ends?

You guys all do such an amazing job and I can't wait to attend my first NVE event!
    We're still working on all the moving parts so it will be later in the year before we can publish pricing and details. To be on the safe side you could budget based on NVE3 pricing . . . who knows, I might have a pleasant surprise!

Enthusiast
    Excitement for this trip is already beginning to grow, and I'm making some changes to the car so it's ready to roll on another, epic, road trip from Texas to Miami. The drive to Vegas was like an event unto itself and the bonds created with all of the other drivers and co-pilots is undeniable. If you can do it with a group, I highly recommend driving every single mile!

Enthusiast
    Whoever is working with the track please make sure you are asking for the modified road course. Thats the one the group will want.
    http://www.homesteadmiamispeedway.co...k-Rentals.aspx

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrsss View Post
    We're still working on all the moving parts so it will be later in the year before we can publish pricing and details. To be on the safe side you could budget based on NVE3 pricing . . . who knows, I might have a pleasant surprise!
    Sounds great thank you!! Exciting is already building here in the house for this event next year. Coming from WI, and some other things that need to be accounted for, will be trailering. So excited to see the schedule and plan for this event.

Can't Wait!!!

Enthusiast
    Dates added to calendar, I can't wait to make the drive from NY for this event.

Enthusiast
    Please excuse my ignorance... what is NVE?

New Viper owner here, Miami local. Regardless of what it is... I’m in. Just curious 😂

I’ll start browsing the forum for info in the meantime

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo708 View Post

New Viper owner here, Miami local. Regardless of what it is... I’m in. Just curious 😂

Polo,

The NVE is the "National Viper Event" happens every two years in a different location. The next one is in Miami in 2020. The last one was in Vegas in 2018.

I'll be there for certain. Miami as well here.
    Luis V.
    Miami, Florida
    2002 Dodge Viper GTS - FE #298 & 2013 Dodge Viper GTS

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo708 View Post

New Viper owner here, Miami local. Regardless of what it is... I’m in. Just curious ��

Hello Polo 708,
    NVE stands for "National Viper Event", these are currently held every 2 years, Hotels or Hotels are booked on block, Vendors and owners from around the World (not just USA) come together for fun times. Some owners drive their car to the events and some ship them.
    Next year the location is Miami for NVE Number 4
    Check out the home page to read up on NVE 3 (Which was in Vegas).
    www.driveviper.com

Great time to join up, and check out members in the Florida region

See you Next year
    Mark UK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast