Enthusiast

Heat Shrinkable Hose Clamps Have You Used Them

Have you guys seen these heat shrinkable hose clamps out there? I've read a bunch of reviews and people swear by them. I've never used them but they make for a really clean look. I stumbled on them when I was putting together a catch can kit. Seems like a perfect application for the hose barb connection toward the front of the intake on the passenger side along with the PCV connection to the valve cover. I didn't want to use the tacky-looking worm gear hose clamps or a zip tie for these two connections (all others will be AN fittings). I'm hesitant to use them anywhere else. Looks like there are a handful of companies that make this product. Anyone have any experience with these? I'll post up some pics when installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O91YqHbp8c

EXAMPLE:

Enthusiast
    I used them on my DSE catch can...easy to use, worked great, and look good.

Enthusiast
    Yes they work well and look good.

Doug

Enthusiast
    I used Jeg's Push Loc hose and fittings when I put my oil catch can together many years ago (sadly it was before DSE had his kit - would have saved me a lot of time) - they are rated to 250 psi without the need for clamps. I think they look pretty nice too:

There is a trick to getting them assembled - you need to take a heat gun to the end of the hose and make sure it is nice and pliable before trying to push it over the barbs. It also helps to use some light weight oil (like 20-30 weight) on the barbed ends to make everything slide on smoothly. Once they are on, you aren't going to get them off short of taking a razor to the hose.

Just another idea if you are wanting AN fittings.

Enthusiast
    Thanks for the responses guys. I found a nice catch can with both -10AN ports I can face toward the intake and valve cover with the supplied 90 deg. mounting bracket. I'll get rid of all the peripheral stuff that comes with the kit and then use the AN fittings, black braided hose, and the heat shrinkable hose clamps at the intake/PCV valve for a clean and functional look. I'll post it in the catch can threads in a week or two. Thanks again!

Enthusiast
    Got all the heat shrink clamps installed with the braided hose and catch can. I'm very pleased with the result. I'll definitely be using these clamps on other applications.

Thought I'd throw the catch can link in also.

CATCH CAN PAGE:
    https://driveviper.com/forums/thread...-You-Got/page4