Body Shop Recommendation RVA

Good evening,

My Gen3 was hit this afternoon which resulted in damage to a rear rim, tire, quarter panel and bumper (possibly more, this just based on my non-invasive visual inspection)

Not being one to frequently wreck cars (or luckily, have them hit), I have no idea who in this area is qualified to do such a repair. Does anyone have any suggestions that they would I trust their car with?

Here are two sample pics of the damage:

B32EAD9D-7BE4-4DD8-9BFF-EAB3969CEA56.jpgC30A0715-8B2C-4E68-8977-9BDF8C67915E.jpg

Thanks!

Sorry to see this, the rim is probably too far gone. Good time to change the rims up if you were looking for something different like 5 spokes

The body work looks superficial, any competent body shop can fix that. Check for some higher end shops in the area. Is your insurance paying for it or the other guys?

Check the frame and suspension on that corner.
    Last edited by 99RT10; 04-26-2018 at 04:36 PM.
    09 ACR With all the goodies
    99 ACR TT 99 red RT/10 Roe S/C
    97 B/W RT/10 TT 94 RT/10 TT

Quote Originally Posted by 99RT10 View Post
    Sorry to see this, the rim is probably too far gone. Good time to change the rims up if you were looking for something different like 5 spokes

The body work looks superficial, any competent body shop can fix that. Check for some higher end shops in the area. Is your insurance paying for it or the other guys?

Check the frame and suspension on that corner.
    Yeah, there are huge chunks of aluminum missing and sticking out like shards from that rim. Ever seen anything like it.

Rims are on the list for the next time I need tires. The fronts will last through one more set of rears (the rears on the car are less then 250miles old probably). Am just going to hate not having the car for a while. Most of the mods I have for it have been sitting on the shelf for months (almost years) because every time I go to tear it down, it is nice for a day or two and I decide I want to drive it more haha.

Other insurance will be footing this bill. I'm mostly worried about the paint match at this point. Every time I have had paint work done to a car it has been a horrible experience and I have had to fight for it to be done right...

Enthusiast
    So sorry to hear / see this. I know you can source a rear 10-spoke rim for relatively cheap if you want to keep that set for the time being (at least the other guy's insurance can source it cheap). Good luck with the paint and body work.

As an aside, I look forward to meeting you one of these soon - hopefully with your car back and to your standards!

Ian