Need a PPI in Clovis New Mexico

Hello everyone,

I've been interested in purchasing a 1996-2002 viper for a while now but they are few and far between in the Boston area where I'm from (especially interested in a 1996 or 1997 / blue & white stripes). Needless to say I've expanded my search nationwide and have located a bone stock, yellow 2002 Viper GTS in Clovis, New Mexico with a clean carfax and 39K miles on it. I've spoken to the owner and he claims the car is mint but hasn't done much service on the vehicle besides a routine oil change.

Obviously I don't feel comfortable buying this vehicle sight unseen so I was wondering if there was anyone who is mechanically knowledgeable on this forum that lives in a surrounding area that would be willing to go inspect this vehicle for me (of course I would compensate you for your time). I am mainly concerned that the clutch is prime for replacement and hoses are all original with the arid climate of New Mexico. The owner claims the tires are newer with approximately 70% tread remaining. Not sure about the brakes either.

I'm guessing the clutch and hoses need replacement, fluids flushed, etc I could be looking at spending an additional $4-5K + shipping to Boston. Is there anyone out there that could give me some expert input or does anyone know of any Viper tech I could have the owner drive the car to for a thorough inspection? I am a novice when it comes to this car so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

- Todd

Enthusiast
    Todd, I am in Lubbock, TX which is about 2 hours from Clovis.... If you need need help with this, PM me.