VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Lightbulb NVE3 Picture Contest Announced

Calling all photographers!

We will be having a best picture contest! Feel free to share your picture on the NVE3 club forums, social media, or email us at admin@driveviper.com. The contest includes any type of photo, whether it's one of beauty, humor, creativity, or whatever! We're looking for the most intriguing photo that sums up our gathering. Our panel of judges, consisting of officers and event volunteers, will judge the submissions. The winner receives a special (and massive) 5 foot wide grommeted event banner!

I'm sure we'll have some cool photos - which we will surely use a few in the magazine as well...

Have fun out there!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

Hi guys, we've been receiving some great pix from folks. We'll provide some more time to get the photos as it seems they're coming in faster now given people are getting home. There are those on after-trips so they'll need some more time to get back. We plan on making a final decision on the winning picture by the end of the month. Keep them coming. You're free to post them on this forum, send via social media (facebook/insta) or email our HQ (admin@driveviper.com).

Thanks!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Annnndddd . . . . drum roll . . . .our first place winner is Jonas Apuya!

Jonas Apuya
    by Beth Sewell, on Flickr
    Last edited by Herrsss; 06-07-2018 at 11:03 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

We found several really cool pictures so decided to open it up to more than 3 more winners!

Daniel Nguyen's brother Sony took our 2nd place winner!
    Sony Nguyen by Beth Sewell, on Flickr
    Last edited by Herrsss; 06-03-2018 at 02:31 PM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

So what's a little snow along the way to NVE3? Tony Whatley's picture took 3rd place!

Tony Whatley

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

And finally Wes Angelotti had some fun with his trailer from Florida to Nevada to California and back! His pic took 4th place!

Wes Angelloti
    Last edited by Herrsss; 06-04-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrsss View Post
    Annnndddd . . . . drum roll . . . .our first place winner is Zac Karo!

Zak Caro
    This photo was taken by Jonas Apuya, not Zak Caro. I thought the photo contest submissions had to be your own photographs?

Jonas wins!!

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Now that's really weird because I confirmed with Zac Friday that it was his picture . . . let me find out what is going on. The pics need to be your own and not somebody else's but I did miss the water mark.

P.S. please disregard if you got the email more than once - I continue to have Outlook issues!

Enthusiast
    I didn't take the picture. Never said I did. If that DQs me, so be it. I refuse to win by breaking the rules. Please give the prize to someone else...

But I don't ever recall in the rules that the picture had to be taken by your own camera/phone. If I missed that, I apologize. Award it to someone else. No worries here

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by OTHER SNAKE OWNER View Post
    I didn't take the picture. Never said I did. If that DQs me, so be it. I refuse to win by breaking the rules. Please give the prize to someone else...

But I don't ever recall in the rules that the picture had to be taken by your own camera/phone. If I missed that, I apologize. Award it to someone else. No worries here
    Simple confusion as to who took the picture versus who the subject was. Our error in not making the rules clear - won't happen again.

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida

All great PICS, those Red Rocks are hard to beat.

Enthusiast
    original post does mention "your picture" I would think in a photo contest that the pictures you enter are your own not the fact that you're in the picture. If merely being in the picture is the criteria to win, then what about the other 3 vipers in the background? What do they win? Photographers win photo contests not the subject.
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 06-07-2018 at 10:15 AM.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    original post does mention "your picture" I would think in a photo contest that the pictures you enter are your own not the fact that you're in the picture. If merely being in the picture is the criteria to win, then what about the other 3 vipers in the background? What do they win? Photographers win photo contests not the subject.
    Daniel,

The subject car owner did NOT win anything. The photographer (Jonas Apuya) DID win the banner and it's in the mail to his home.

There were only 3 official submissions for the contest so we surfed social media accounts for options. Generally people post their own pictures on their accounts and when I found that one on the subject's account I thought it was his. I spoke to him about it and he verified but we were talking about 2 different things - simple mistake but I corrected it.

Beth

Enthusiast
    Beth, Justin Fujita, one of the guys here from SoCal, sent me this picture after NVE3. I know the contest is long over but I thought he had a great shot of my viper!!

Las Vegas Comp Coupe.jpg

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    Houston

Quote Originally Posted by RedTanRT/10 View Post
    Beth, Justin Fujita, one of the guys here from SoCal, sent me this picture after NVE3. I know the contest is long over but I thought he had a great shot of my viper!!

Las Vegas Comp Coupe.jpg
    Wow that is a great pic of your Viper!