Enthusiast

Headers with stock exhaust Gen V

Thinking of headers, cats with stock exhaust on 2014 Gen V. Does anyone have any experience with this set up? Any suggestions good or bad would be appreciated.

Will work fine and likely the most tame system as far as sound goes. May give up a few HP because of the cats still, but a nice power bump none the less.

Will the have to be tuned or can these new computers compensate for the additional air flow?

Enthusiast
    not planning on keeping stock cats will use hi flows just stock muffler

Quote Originally Posted by ladd View Post
    not planning on keeping stock cats will use hi flows just stock muffler
    I took it that way in my response.

Enthusiast
    Nice bump in hp from the stock set-up, hptune is highly recommended!

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida

Exactly, what I did to my ACR-E, except I removed my cats, we don't have emission regulations in Florida. The stock exhaust is perfect, no drone, I had done Corsa on my first G5 & my dads G5 still has it. I don't miss it at all!!! The headers bring the power, no doubt, YES you must do a tune or you will trip O2 sensors. Consider doing H/F cats, I have a pair if your interested. But I would not recommend changing the exhaust, IMO.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWessss View Post
    Exactly, what I did to my ACR-E, except I removed my cats, we don't have emission regulations in Florida. The stock exhaust is perfect, no drone, I had done Corsa on my first G5 & my dads G5 still has it. I don't miss it at all!!! The headers bring the power, no doubt, YES you must do a tune or you will trip O2 sensors. Consider doing H/F cats, I have a pair if your interested. But I would not recommend changing the exhaust, IMO.
    I also have done this to multiple cars here in FL. Saying that, Cat laws are Federal. Illegal to tamper with the cats at all. If ur just saying that Fl has no mandatory emission checks, u would be correct. Do what u do, just know which laws u r circumventing!
    Buddy is GM at a local dealer and they got a badass GT500 in on trade. Had cats removed. They had to sell it at auction as track only at a large loss. They could not just buy cats, install and resell. Hell, I told them I will buy it and trailer it away. No go. Huge liability apparently.
    Troy

I have ARH headers, catless mids, and stock mufflers. Its loud and throaty.

You’re going to gain next to nothing from doing headers, and leaving any form of cats, and stock mufflers. It helps to scavenge the exhaust obviously, but the largest restriction in our exhaust is the cats.