Thread: Tire Help

Enthusiast

Tire Help

Hi everyone,
    New comer to the forum and to Viper ownership. I'm sure this has been discussed but can't seem to find a thread on it. I have a stock 2003 with OEM tires of 275/35/18 and 345/30/19. The tire are from 2002 so some new rubber is needed even though tread is fine. Rears are an issue for availability apparently so my question is any issues going to slightly wider 355/30/19? Rubbing? The set would be Kumho Ecsta PS91 fronts and Kumho Ecsta V720 rear. Any comments or reviews on this setup for a Gen 3 (2003) Should I be concerned with not have 100% matching tires?
    Thank you in advance

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but you should have no problem getting the 345's.....if you look at the last tire on this list, you'd be hard pressed to find a better high performance street tire for the money:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireS...earDiameter=17

Not only does Tirerack show them in stock, but so do SimpleTire.com and a lot of other online retailers. They are buying from the same warehouse as your local dealer is so availability should not be an issue.

If this is going to be primarily a street driven Viper, the Michelins are a very good overall choice and decent in the rain. And yes, please get rid of your 16 year old tires asap as they are very dangerous to drive on due the rubber being super hard and the potential for blowouts.

Enthusiast
    I run 295/30ZR18 front and 355/30ZR19 rear Pirelli PZero for street and for track P295/30ZR18 front and P345/30ZR19 rear Hoosiers R6/7s

No fitment issue on the G4 and I’m confident the G3s are the same. I would avoid mixed tire compound/ styles such as the Kumhos you are referencing. The Kumhos for the viper are only matched on 19” fronts (g5 ACR) I have buddy’s running the Michelin’s and they love them. The PZeros and corsas are a good tires as well and all choices depend on what your plans are. Track only, street only, or combined?
    Last edited by SilverACR; 03-26-2018 at 04:53 PM.

Enthusiast
    So by availability I should have added some context with the word "locally" Canada. Few of the local tire shops carry them and have to be ordered or they was a kidney for a set. Online i'm trying to avoid to save about $500 in delivery charges to Canada and the exchange for the Canadians is a killer. Might have to make a trip to Buffalo for some tires, at least I'll get a good drive in once the weather warms up
    Last edited by dreamcarviper; 03-26-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverACR View Post
    I run 295/30ZR18 front and 355/30ZR19 rear Pirelli PZero for street and for track P295/30ZR18 front and P345/30ZR19 rear Hoosiers R6/7s

No fitment issue on the G4 and I’m confident the G3s are the same. I would avoid mixed tire compound/ styles such as the Kumhos you are referencing. The Kumhos for the viper are only matched on 19” fronts (g5 ACR) I have buddy’s running the Michelin’s and they love them. The PZeros and corsas are a good tires as well and all choices depend on what your plans are. Track only, street only, or combined?
    This is going to be mainly street driven.
    Thanks for the comment on mixing styles, that is what I was looking for. Might have to make a trip to a US tire shop.

Enthusiast
    Up The River..[Columbia River Gorge near Portland OR]
    DONT MISMATCH TIRES as you asked in your first question. OK on your grandpas Oldsmobile. NOT on a Viper.

You might check with paying sponsors/Vendors here. One of them has sold over $3,000,000 of just Viper sized tires, and is familiar with the trans-border Buffalo Shuffle.

One of them coincidentally was the founder of the 1st Canada club, in June 1995, at the Molson Indy Vancouver.....
    Last edited by JonB ~ PartsRack; 03-26-2018 at 07:01 PM.

Enthusiast
    I agree with this guy give Jon a call!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB ~ PartsRack View Post
    DONT MISMATCH TIRES as you asked in your first question. OK on your grandpas Oldsmobile. NOT on a Viper.

You might check with paying sponsors/Vendors here. One of them has sold over $3,000,000 of just Viper sized tires, and is familiar with the trans-border Buffalo Shuffle.

One of them coincidentally was the founder of the 1st Canada club, in June 1995, at the Molson Indy Vancouver.....
    I guess I'll be giving you acall shortly
    Thanks!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamcarviper View Post
    I guess I'll be giving you a call shortly
    Thanks!!

Ready When U R

Enthusiast
    Jon is 200 years old, he can help you out!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 13COBRA View Post
    ...Jon is 200 years old, he can help you out!
    Sometimes i feel like it............