Enthusiast

Secondary cat delete question

For any of you who have deleted their secondary cats or installed high flow cats on gen 3/4, once the side sills are off, is there anything special to keep in mind when removing the factory cats?

Enthusiast
    Not really...the factory V-band clamps require a bit of persuasion to remove, but other than that it is pretty straightforward. Unplug and remove the O2 sensors, and everything should just come right out.

Enthusiast
    Thanks Steve, I am also getting ready to do the led dash lights... any surprises with doing all the gauges in led?

Enthusiast
    Test and verify every single bulb you replace, including the odometer. Since they are diodes, they only work one way. If one isn't working, take it out and turn it 180° and that should fix it. As far as the removal of everything, I do remember removing the driver's seat to make things a little easier, but I'm not sure if it is absolutely necessary. When removing the dash, be gentle but firm...it took a bit more force than I wanted to put on it to get it to come out. Pull too hard, and it might crack, and that is not a cheap piece to replace (if you can even find one anymore).

Enthusiast
    Roger that... Things went well. Took about 3 hours to do things methodically. Very happy with the results.