Thread: NVE 3 Caravan

NVE 3 Caravan

Hey everyone,

My Dad and I are planning to drive from PA to Vegas for NVE3 and were wondering if anyone else is crazy enough to join us. I've mapped out a rough idea of how we want to go.

April 28: 9hrs driving: Reading, PA to Indianapolis, IN

April 29: 7hrs driving: Indy to Springfield, MO - lunch & possibly a quick picture w/St. Louis Arch 4hrs in?

April 30: 7.75hrs driving: Springfield, MO to Amarillo, TX

May 1: 8.25hrs driving: Amarillo, TX to Flagstaff, AZ - lunch in Albuquerque, NM 3.75hrs in?

May 2: 3.5hrs driving: Flagstaff, AZ to Las Vegas, NV - Tour Lowell Observatory before leaving for Vegas

We're still trying to figure out whether we're going to continue to San Diego afterwards, or just drive back, possibly a different route. Any suggestions/recommendations/advice would be great & let me know if you're planning on that general route too. Thanks!

Jim McCann
    '99 RT/10

Regional President
    VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013
    South Florida

My Dad & I are also planning on making the drive, its not that crazy (saving $7k), and is the best time I can think to spend with the ol' man. We are leaving from Florida but our route and dates start to overlap in Texas. We expect to be in and around the Texas April30th-May 1. Lets keep in touch maybe we can make it work. We are hauling (2) vipers in a 30' trailer. If you guys are track lovers like we are, check out the other post I put up about what we are doing after NVE3 is over. See ya in Vegas!!!

Enthusiast
    I'm headed out from Austin towing my car. Amarillo isn't that far away and can meet you guys there and caravan if you feel like some company.

VOA Mamba Member
    since 2013

You could also consider linking up with the Texas group and the AZ group who depart their locations as a group as well. Definitely more of a spectacle (and safer) when you're surround by other vipers. Something goes wrong, at least you'll always have a friend there to help. Some good driving for the last 4 hours or so. Not too bad with police at all, and some nice twisty spots through the mountains.

Enthusiast
    Wow, you're gonna have an amazing time! Don't turn around, you're just 4-5 hours out from the California coastline with an RT/10

Quote Originally Posted by Redline488 View Post
    Hey everyone,

My Dad and I are planning to drive from PA to Vegas for NVE3 and were wondering if anyone else is crazy enough to join us. I've mapped out a rough idea of how we want to go.

April 28: 9hrs driving: Reading, PA to Indianapolis, IN

April 29: 7hrs driving: Indy to Springfield, MO - lunch & possibly a quick picture w/St. Louis Arch 4hrs in?

April 30: 7.75hrs driving: Springfield, MO to Amarillo, TX

May 1: 8.25hrs driving: Amarillo, TX to Flagstaff, AZ - lunch in Albuquerque, NM 3.75hrs in?

May 2: 3.5hrs driving: Flagstaff, AZ to Las Vegas, NV - Tour Lowell Observatory before leaving for Vegas

We're still trying to figure out whether we're going to continue to San Diego afterwards, or just drive back, possibly a different route. Any suggestions/recommendations/advice would be great & let me know if you're planning on that general route too. Thanks!

Jim McCann
    '99 RT/10

Enthusiast
    Who from the Texas group is going? My schedule is flexible so I can get meet just about anytime to head out, just need to be in Vegas on Tuesday morning to pick up my wife at the airport. Feel free to call me at 512-934-4380, Brad

Enthusiast

NVE 3 Caravan

We will be trailering our Viper from the North Houston area (Willis) on Sunday, 4/29. The first stop will be Van Horn, Tx for the night. The next night(4/30), will be in Phoenix. We plan to be in Vegas on Tuesday (5/1). Come join us!!

Thanks for the responses. I still need to get in contact with the Texas & Arizona groups to see what their plans are for heading to LV. Dad & I would definitely enjoy some company on the drive out. PM me you're contact info if you're interested & I'll reach out to the folks who have already posted. So far it looks like the original post is still our target, but we're going to play it by ear and see how the drive goes.

We are heading to San Diego afterwards to visit some family, then need to be in Tucson at the Titan Missile Museum on Sunday, May 13th for their Top to Bottom Tour.

Look forward to seeing everyone. We can't wait!

Jim McCann
    '99 RT/10

Enthusiast
    I'll be trailering my viper out there, be leaving st louis sometime early in the morning on the 30th and driving as far as I can that day and staying where I end up then drive to Flagstaff and staying there the 1st and then to Vegas on the 2nd

Web Site Committee

Dad and I are also heading out that route. We will be leaving PA though Sunday. We are pretty use to 16 hour driving days. So may end up meeting you Flagstaff area as we should be there around then too.

Robert